Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale

Could the public seriously buy the team if we get enough people? a la Green Bay, or is it just a different day and age. If we could, i'm down for at least 5 dollars.

2004 Forbes Value List

I thought this link might be appropriate...

Forbes.com: NFL Team Valuations (for 2004)

Miami is listed at $765M.

I think it is without arguement that no matter how many people are included in the purchasing group (if sold).... Dan will be in the mix in some capacity. The winning bidders would be stupid not to include Dan's face on ANY new image moving forward. He would provide instant credibility to the fans.

And, let's face it... even before the product (team) hits the floor, the buyers (fans) have to be excited about it. The love for Marino would generate instant enthusiasm.

Even if his group lost the bid.... I could see Dan in some cozy FO position. President maybe?

Oh well, it's all just conjecture.

I'd be kinda scared someone bought us and moved the team..........The thought of "The Utah Dolphins" is horrible =(.

But a new owner that bleeds aqua and orange, and knows just a little about football would be sweet.

Just some info on Wayne that some might not know:

College dropout launched garbage collection company with used truck 1962. Became Waste Management. Scrapped trash business 1984, bought 19-store video rental chain Blockbuster 1987; sold to Viacom 7 years later for $8.4 billion. Reinvested in car lots (AutoNation), lodging (Boca Resorts, Extended Stay America). Sold Florida Marlins baseball franchise after winning 1997 World Series. Still owns pro football's Miami Dolphins.
http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/54/2003/LIR.jhtml?passListId=54&passYear=2003&passListType=Person&uniqueId=E353&datatype=Person

I do mortgages. I'll refinace everybody's houses at the highest rate possible, and we'll pool all the money. That should get us to $750 million in about 95 years :up:

Dolphins are for sale.....

Peter King said in INSIDE THE NFL that Wayne will listen to anyone with 750.000.000,00 for the Dolphins...

phunwin said:
Seriously though, would it surprise ANYONE if Cuban bought the Dolphins on a whim? He's a fantastic owner, but he's also certifiably nuts.

Hey, maybe we can get the guy whose show The Benefactor was patterned after to buy the team! Trump calling Wannstedt into the board room on live TV (with Bates, Trestman) would be one of the 10 greatest moments of my life as a Dolphins fan...

DT: Okay, let's see here. Marc, you've got a successful track record as an offensive coordinator, but the Dolphins offense stunk this year.
MT: It wasn't my fault Mr. Trump. For one, I wasn't even the offensive coordinator, and in any event, Wannstedt wouldn't let us open up the offense.
DT: What do you have to say about that, Dave?
DW: Well, eh, we just gotta win the game on defense, avoid turnovers and try to make a play on special teams.
DT: Okay, Jim, you led a defense that's been among the top 5 in the NFL for years, but chokes at bad times.
JB: It wasn't my fault, Mr. Trump. Dave's lousy personnel moves over the years often left me with a defense that was worn out by the end of the game because the offense couldn't control the clock or give us a cushion to work with.
DT: What about that, Dave?
DW: Well, eh, we just gotta win the game on defense, avoid turnovers and try to make a play on special teams.
DT: Uh huh. Is that your answer to everything?
DT: I see. Okay, I've made my decision. I won't even consult with my bootlick and my brown-noser.
Caroline: Hey!
George: It's true.
Caroline: Still, cheap shot.
DT: Marc, you should have tried to take control of this offense sooner, so that's a failure of leadership on your part. Jim, the inability to force turnovers at big times falls partly on your conservative defensive strategy. But Dave, let me get this straight: this team got worse every single year you've been here? Your players lost respect for you and your team became the laughingstock of the NFL. Dave, YOU'RE FIRED.
DW: Oh. Eh, well...eh, go Pitt Panthers!
:rofl:

Here is someone who has the money and wants to buy an NFL team.

"The CEO of Oracle Corporation, Larry Ellison, wants to spend some of his billions of net worth on an NFL team, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The only team currently for sale is the Vikings, and only the Saints, Vikings, and Colts currently are involved in unsettled stadium situations. Ellison's best bet, then, would be to buy one of those teams and move it.

At this point, the best candidate likely would be the Saints. Hell, Ellison might even get a ticker tape parade down Bourbon Street if he were to buy the team and move it as far out of Looziana as possible"

Forbes has him listed a no 10 richest man in America.The only problem is that he wants to move the team to LA
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=domesticNews&storyID=6504775

I hope steinbrenner buys the fins. Spends tons of money and buys us a Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom