Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale

Yeah. How about a public offering. We can all buy shares of the team.

poppy said:
Just saw Peter King on HBO's Inside The NFL report that Wayne will listens to offers to buy the team for $750 million including the stadium.

Looks like Wayne maybe thinking of abandoning ship as well.

THE ROT REALLY DID START AT THE TOP.

Lets start a pool, im down for 900 dollars.

byroan said:
Sadly the powerball winners can't even buy the team. How much $$$ does Dan have?
The powerball winners couldnt even make the 10% down payment. After taxes they got about 2.2mil each so if all 33 of them pooled their money they would have 72.6 mil. They are from Delaware anyway....probably 'Skins or Jets fans.

We're getting ahead of ourselves here. Wayne's a sharp businessman, which probably means he's ALWAYS willing to listen to an offer to buy the Phins.

$750 million is pretty much in line with where the higher-rent franchises are going these days. I believe the Jets and Redskins both sold for similar amounts within the last 5 years.

Wow, such a big story and no mention in the local papers....:hmmm:

methinks phunwin wins the thread.:D

inFINSible said:
Wow, such a big story and no mention in the local papers....:hmmm:

methinks phunwin wins the thread.:D

Thank you, thankyouverymuch.

Just to be on the safe side, though, I did drop Mark Cuban a line at blogmaverick.com, pleading for him to take a look at buying the Phins. :D

inFINSible said:
:up:

Be OUR benefactor, Mark!! :pray:

Seriously though, would it surprise ANYONE if Cuban bought the Dolphins on a whim? He's a fantastic owner, but he's also certifiably nuts.

Hey, maybe we can get the guy whose show The Benefactor was patterned after to buy the team! Trump calling Wannstedt into the board room on live TV (with Bates, Trestman) would be one of the 10 greatest moments of my life as a Dolphins fan...

DT: Okay, let's see here. Marc, you've got a successful track record as an offensive coordinator, but the Dolphins offense stunk this year.
MT: It wasn't my fault Mr. Trump. For one, I wasn't even the offensive coordinator, and in any event, Wannstedt wouldn't let us open up the offense.
DT: What do you have to say about that, Dave?
DW: Well, eh, we just gotta win the game on defense, avoid turnovers and try to make a play on special teams.
DT: Okay, Jim, you led a defense that's been among the top 5 in the NFL for years, but chokes at bad times.
JB: It wasn't my fault, Mr. Trump. Dave's lousy personnel moves over the years often left me with a defense that was worn out by the end of the game because the offense couldn't control the clock or give us a cushion to work with.
DT: What about that, Dave?
DW: Well, eh, we just gotta win the game on defense, avoid turnovers and try to make a play on special teams.
DT: Uh huh. Is that your answer to everything?
DT: I see. Okay, I've made my decision. I won't even consult with my bootlick and my brown-noser.
Caroline: Hey!
George: It's true.
Caroline: Still, cheap shot.
DT: Marc, you should have tried to take control of this offense sooner, so that's a failure of leadership on your part. Jim, the inability to force turnovers at big times falls partly on your conservative defensive strategy. But Dave, let me get this straight: this team got worse every single year you've been here? Your players lost respect for you and your team became the laughingstock of the NFL. Dave, YOU'RE FIRED.
DW: Oh. Eh, well...eh, go Pitt Panthers!

Back
Top Bottom