Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale

I agree. I never said the Phins, the entire Phins org wouldnt be expensive. Any org that owns all its facilities, it very expensive. I bet its more along the lines of 1.1-1.3 Billion for everything. What did Sniders Bill cost him up in DC? That was 5 years ago? It cost him a Billion then. I'm sure it has went up, alot. 600 mill for the team, and 400 for the stadium. If that is correct. Something along them lines.

Not to many can afford that. Thats why it takes a group usually. I hope if the rumors are true, maybe a Bernie or such can put together another partnership.

LithoMan said:
I agree. I never said the Phins, the entire Phins org wouldnt be expensive. Any org that owns all its facilities, it very expensive. I bet its more along the lines of 1.1-1.3 Billion for everything. What did Sniders Bill cost him up in DC? That was 5 years ago? It cost him a Billion then. I'm sure it has went up, alot. 600 mill for the team, and 400 for the stadium. If that is correct. Something along them lines.

Not to many can afford that. Thats why it takes a group usually. I hope if the rumors are true, maybe a Bernie or such can put together another partnership.

You also have to take into account that PPS is not exatly state of the art compared to newer stadiums around the league.Sure,Inflation has inflated the original price tag of PPS but is no where near 400 Mill mark.

see that says single, must have been just recently, and a shotgun wedding. The guy is really cool though. He would respond to every single email. I told him to tell Mike Finley I know he cheated of me in an economics exam at Wisconsin. He said, sounds like Mike, and that he would tell him. Good guy.

huizenga isnt that rich either according to forbes.... cuban could afford it if he wanted too... they dont pay these things off all at once.... its financed with loans etc.... but a group would be the way to go

neither of them are poor. And buying 'groups' aren't the way to go. The Panthers purchase was a joke. That group lost 20% in the first 6 months. And there was tons of infighting. Kosar was prohibited from being the figurehead.

Muck said:
I wouldn't cry.....except if we got an idiot type with little or no interest in football (Georgia Frontiere....inherited the Rams from her 5th husband....attended something like two games in '99).

Looks like Wayne is selling REALLY low. $750 AND the stadium?? Jeez.The stadium cost $115 million to build back in the mid-80s.

An good NFL team is worth maybe $600mil, so that's $150 mil for the stadium, that doesn't sound low to me.

NaboCane said:
Yeah, that's what we want...another Texan in charge of something that affects our lives.

Yes, as a matter of fact, that's EXACTLY what I want.

greatwade said:
neither of them are poor. And buying 'groups' aren't the way to go. The Panthers purchase was a joke. That group lost 20% in the first 6 months. And there was tons of infighting. Kosar was prohibited from being the figurehead.

it makes no difference, group or single person... as long as they are dedicated to winning and no for profits... lots of teams are successful with multiple owners... the bucs have two, the sacramento kings i think have more than one... there are many different ways to the same end... we just need a group dedicated to getting there~

I need 600 people willing to put up a million with me and we can buy the team

screw 750, I think thats a little high. Lets offer him 600 and I bet he takes it and walks.

Im down for a mil. I need 599 more.....

bigmiamifan said:
An good NFL team is worth maybe $600mil, so that's $150 mil for the stadium, that doesn't sound low to me.

I guess I figured the stadium was worth more.

phunwin said:
DT: Okay, let's see here. Marc, you've got a successful track record as an offensive coordinator, but the Dolphins offense stunk this year.
MT: It wasn't my fault Mr. Trump. For one, I wasn't even the offensive coordinator, and in any event, Wannstedt wouldn't let us open up the offense.
DT: What do you have to say about that, Dave?
DW: Well, eh, we just gotta win the game on defense, avoid turnovers and try to make a play on special teams.
DT: Okay, Jim, you led a defense that's been among the top 5 in the NFL for years, but chokes at bad times.
JB: It wasn't my fault, Mr. Trump. Dave's lousy personnel moves over the years often left me with a defense that was worn out by the end of the game because the offense couldn't control the clock or give us a cushion to work with.
DT: What about that, Dave?
DW: Well, eh, we just gotta win the game on defense, avoid turnovers and try to make a play on special teams.
DT: Uh huh. Is that your answer to everything?
DT: I see. Okay, I've made my decision. I won't even consult with my bootlick and my brown-noser.
Caroline: Hey!
George: It's true.
Caroline: Still, cheap shot.
DT: Marc, you should have tried to take control of this offense sooner, so that's a failure of leadership on your part. Jim, the inability to force turnovers at big times falls partly on your conservative defensive strategy. But Dave, let me get this straight: this team got worse every single year you've been here? Your players lost respect for you and your team became the laughingstock of the NFL. Dave, YOU'RE FIRED.
DW: Oh. Eh, well...eh, go Pitt Panthers!

Would PAY $$$ to see that ! ! ! :roflmao:

Not gonna rush to bring my mill to the party yet...

I recall several times hearing this over the last couple of years and the main thrust is that he's always willing to cash in if someone makes the right offer. I accept that it's getting easier for him to take the easy way out and sell with the criticism he faces but if I had his money I think I could live with that if I had a clear vision of what I wanted to do with the team (which would not be Wanny Ball by any means).

I don't see him having a clear vision though. If only he had more football knowledge or at least passion for the game. Wonder if he or Ricky Williams feel more ambivalent about football?

Back
Top Bottom