We are on the cusp of a potential golden era. Get the stadium upgrade done! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are on the cusp of a potential golden era. Get the stadium upgrade done!

Um yea it does, Sun-Life holds what like 75,000 people or something like that right? About 85% of them are tourist seeing how the dolphins never make the superbowl in Miami much less. Anyhow, thats freaking at least 60,000 people more or less traveling to Miami to watch the big game, that means the hotels, the restaurants, the mall, any business you can possibly think of makes bank off of just one weekend. It's common sense that these superbowls stimulate the economy, not to mention the BCS games we get too.

The nfl numbers are pure bunk esp when Miami pulled in more revenue by 10 percent in a non superbowl year than it did the year before with superbowl. That is a fact not some fantasy

The nfl numbers are pure bunk esp when Miami pulled in more revenue by 10 percent in a non superbowl year than it did the year before with superbowl. That is a fact not some fantasy
That's a horrible basis to state your opinion on. Think about what you're saying, there is a number of factors that could've caused Miami to raise their revenue, and you're going to tell me that us not having one of the most attracted events of the year was even a factor behind that. Come on, common sense beats numbers a lot of times, this is one of those times.

That's a horrible basis to state your opinion on. Think about what you're saying, there is a number of factors that could've caused Miami to raise their revenue, and you're going to tell me that us not having one of the most attracted events of the year was even a factor behind that. Come on, common sense beats numbers a lot of times, this is one of those times.

Yes a super bowl brings in revenue but it really doesnt make or break the revenue we bring in. We had a record year that was 10 percent higher in revenue and 7 percent more visited without a big event like a superbowl. what Im saying is the Superbowl does not bring in 400 million in revenue as only the nfl claims its more like a 100 million. As for the BCS they found our stadium to be just fine and just played a national championship game there . If the dolphins want the state to pay for the stadium share some of the profits from the stadium use.

Yes a super bowl brings in revenue but it really doesnt make or break the revenue we bring in. We had a record year that was 10 percent higher in revenue and 7 percent more visited without a big event like a superbowl. what Im saying is the Superbowl does not bring in 400 million in revenue as only the nfl claims its more like a 100 million. As for the BCS they found our stadium to be just fine and just played a national championship game there . If the dolphins want the state to pay for the stadium share some of the profits from the stadium use.
It's not like anyone proclaimed that if Miami doesn't get the superbowl, they'll fall into poverty. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know superbowls bring a lot of tourists and money to our city and hosting multiple ones could benefit the city up to a billion dollars. If you think that is minor I don't know what rich world you live in, truth is we've hosted a lot of superbowls already and we're using an outdated stadium that can be less that pleasant for the NFL fans who pay good money to watch the big game, not to mention our loyal fans who attend the games. We're competing against a brand new stadium in Santa Clara, and a renovated Reliant stadium sure South Florida is sunny and beautiful but that isn't the only factor behind us getting the Superbowl. And lastly the state isnt paying for our stadium, I think you meant the city and nope they're not paying for it either, it's those very same fans/tourist who are stimulating our economy who are paying for our stadium. What's the city's cut in all of this? Umm I know, how about the mass attraction of all those tourists who stimulate the economy for just one weekend. Bingo. Everybody wins, the fans, the city, the team. Yet everyone fails to see that.

It's not like anyone proclaimed that if Miami doesn't get the superbowl, they'll fall into poverty. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know superbowls bring a lot of tourists and money to our city and hosting multiple ones could benefit the city up to a billion dollars. If you think that is minor I don't know what rich world you live in, truth is we've hosted a lot of superbowls already and we're using an outdated stadium that can be less that pleasant for the NFL fans who pay good money to watch the big game, not to mention our loyal fans who attend the games. We're competing against a brand new stadium in Santa Clara, and a renovated Reliant stadium sure South Florida is sunny and beautiful but that isn't the only factor behind us getting the Superbowl. And lastly the state isnt paying for our stadium, I think you meant the city and nope they're not paying for it either, it's those very same fans/tourist who are stimulating our economy who are paying for our stadium. What's the city's cut in all of this? Umm I know, how about the mass attraction of all those tourists who stimulate the economy for just one weekend. Bingo. Everybody wins, the fans, the city, the team. Yet everyone fails to see that.

There are things that bring much more money to our local economy much more than the stadium and we are not just giving them welfare to fix venues they own. And it would take like 10 superbowls to net a billion dollars and by then we will be hit up for a billion dollars to fix stadium or build another. The NFL is using the superbowl to make communities pay for stadiums no city is going to be hosting as often as they have been.
Noone fails to see this people just feel the state should not be paying for private companies buildings. Hell the land for the stadium was just given to them and the team gets tons of breaks and subsidies . The NFL needs to start paying its own way

There are things that bring much more money to our local economy much more than the stadium and we are not just giving them welfare to fix venues they own. And it would take like 10 superbowls to net a billion dollars and by then we will be hit up for a billion dollars to fix stadium or build another. The NFL is using the superbowl to make communities pay for stadiums no city is going to be hosting as often as they have been.
Noone fails to see this people just feel the state should not be paying for private companies buildings. Hell the land for the stadium was just given to them and the team gets tons of breaks and subsidies . The NFL needs to start paying its own way
I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing and again your facts are skewed. Locking the Dolphins down for a renovation insures the teams stays for like 30 years due to a leasing agreement. Technically one man owns the team, yet we all care and root for the team. The team belongs to Miami, the city shouldn't turn its back on the Dolphins for the sake of just doing so as your logic proposes. the city won't lose a dime in fact they'll make money and they'll help our team out in the process. And lol politics are hard enough to find another way to generate revenue especially with how easy of an option that is being handed to them.

I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing and again your facts are skewed. Locking the Dolphins down for a renovation insures the teams stays for like 30 years due to a leasing agreement. Technically one man owns the team, yet we all care and root for the team. The team belongs to Miami, the city shouldn't turn its back on the Dolphins for the sake of just doing so as your logic proposes. the city won't lose a dime in fact they'll make money and they'll help our team out in the process. And lol politics are hard enough to find another way to generate revenue especially with how easy of an option that is being handed to them.

What easy option they give 250 million and by the time they made that back they are asking the city for even more money. The city has done alot for the dolphins including giving them the land to build the stadium on. If the owner states that in that 30 years he wont be hitting the city up for more money then Im all for it but we know that wont be case and there are much better places to spend that taxpayer money

What easy option they give 250 million and by the time they made that back they are asking the city for even more money. The city has done alot for the dolphins including giving them the land to build the stadium on. If the owner states that in that 30 years he wont be hitting the city up for more money then Im all for it but we know that wont be case and there are much better places to spend that taxpayer money
No if anything the Dolphins have been doing Miami a favor, the Dolphins represent Miami and they give jobs to people in the city while stimulating the economy.. No town would turn down an NFL team, and they would grant lands to these NFL teams. The Dolphins also do community work and inspire kids in the city to be proactiv. Miami has yet to do anything for the organization, and if the Dolphins later down the road ask for money then they simply say no. However if they say no now, it can cost them deeply and it will be another slap in the Dolphins face saying we don't care for you.

No if anything the Dolphins have been doing Miami a favor, the Dolphins represent Miami and they give jobs to people in the city while stimulating the economy.. No town would turn down an NFL team, and they would grant lands to these NFL teams. The Dolphins also do community work and inspire kids in the city to be proactiv. Miami has yet to do anything for the organization, and if the Dolphins later down the road ask for money then they simply say no. However if they say no now, it can cost them deeply and it will be another slap in the Dolphins face saying we don't care for you.

The dolphins im pact on the economic stature of Miami is so far down the list esp when it comes to creating jobs. Plenty of cities are unwilling to pay for stadiums for teams and research has shown its not a good ty of linvestment outside of possible impacting some quality of life issues for people that aspire to go to football games. Too many want to believe any number they hear thrown out threre but there are plenty of studies on the issue. I find it funny that a city that struggles to make a 500 million dollar budget should even worrying about raising funds for the very profitable nfl.

The dolphins im pact on the economic stature of Miami is so far down the list esp when it comes to creating jobs. Plenty of cities are unwilling to pay for stadiums for teams and research has shown its not a good ty of linvestment outside of possible impacting some quality of life issues for people that aspire to go to football games. Too many want to believe any number they hear thrown out threre but there are plenty of studies on the issue. I find it funny that a city that struggles to make a 500 million dollar budget should even worrying about raising funds for the very profitable nfl.
Well then you should win economist of the year, you have no backing saying the Dolphins have no impact on the economy. You know what if you signified the city, and I was Stephen Ross I'd move the team. Btw Miami didn't build Sun-Life, Joe Robbie did. But now it's Miami's turn to help out the team, and again its a mutual thing Miami makes money off the dolphins. **** the Dolphins could make more money in LA, but they have so much love for the community that they stay. It's not always about business, but in this case it is a business for the city and they benefit the most.

Most billionaires still wouldnt make this type of an investment, and I guarantee that nobody on this forum if they had that kinda money would pay for all the renovations of our stadium.

I agree with you. The vast majority of billionaires wouldn't be stupid enough to patch a 26 year old bland stadium in a terrible location.

It was what, 6 or 7 years ago that Huizenga dumped $250 million into patchwork. I remember he said he could envision the entire area blooming around the stadium. He called it Dolphin Town. He was no doubt envious of Patriots Place. Meanwhile, we have the dependable Race Trac gas station across the street, and not much else. Then a few years ago Mike Dee unveiled the plans for the water park. Oh, I'm sorry, the "state of the art water park."

The stadium has always delivered less than promised and this patchwork will be no different. I have to laugh every time someone proposes it will be like a premier facility, and keep us competitive for 30 years. It reminds me of Steve Jobs, when Mac OS 9 was unveiled. "It's like having a brand new computer." Now, I love Steve Jobs. My financial situation would be unimaginably different minus investment in Apple stock. But anybody who was paying a fleck of attention knew that OS 9 was a mere patchwork of 6, 7 and 8. All the Mac websites were buzzing with news of the planned transition, which became OS X. Once X came out, Jobs touted all the advances, and moved to phase out 9. Make no mistake, Stephen Ross would do the same thing. Along with Mike Dee. If Ross bought out Jerry Jones tomorrow and brought Dee with him, they'd be raving about playing in a true world class facility, away from the hindrances of an old patched facility. But since he's here, and ours, we're supposed to be suckers, and lack foresight. No thank you.

Ross knows better. That's the frustration. If he were a young owner and committed to football atop his plate I'm convinced he'd build a new venue. But approaching age 73 in a few months and with football a sidelight, he's doing it at the cheap and sloppy, and at our expense, in more ways than one. He's got his hands out, and he's merely sticking a roof and a few rows onto an otherwise lame structure. Thanks pal. I'm sure that will hold up to scrutiny a decade from now, once other lavish stadium are in place. Joe Robbie made mistakes in the blueprint but at least he took a bold course, and did it on his own. He was not much younger than Ross but the plans for a new stadium had been underway since his late '70s feuding with the city commissioners. Ross and Dee had no idea anything was wrong until Goodell tapped them on the shoulder three years ago. We're asked to blindly march along, and disregard the certainty that much of what they are saying now will go the way of Dolphin Town and water park hype of merely a handful of years ago.

Guys, it is a no brainer. We aren't paying for it! Tourists do. So who cares?

I agree with you. The vast majority of billionaires wouldn't be stupid enough to patch a 26 year old bland stadium in a terrible location.

It was what, 6 or 7 years ago that Huizenga dumped $250 million into patchwork. I remember he said he could envision the entire area blooming around the stadium. He called it Dolphin Town. He was no doubt envious of Patriots Place. Meanwhile, we have the dependable Race Trac gas station across the street, and not much else. Then a few years ago Mike Dee unveiled the plans for the water park. Oh, I'm sorry, the "state of the art water park."

The stadium has always delivered less than promised and this patchwork will be no different. I have to laugh every time someone proposes it will be like a premier facility, and keep us competitive for 30 years. It reminds me of Steve Jobs, when Mac OS 9 was unveiled. "It's like having a brand new computer." Now, I love Steve Jobs. My financial situation would be unimaginably different minus investment in Apple stock. But anybody who was paying a fleck of attention knew that OS 9 was a mere patchwork of 6, 7 and 8. All the Mac websites were buzzing with news of the planned transition, which became OS X. Once X came out, Jobs touted all the advances, and moved to phase out 9. Make no mistake, Stephen Ross would do the same thing. Along with Mike Dee. If Ross bought out Jerry Jones tomorrow and brought Dee with him, they'd be raving about playing in a true world class facility, away from the hindrances of an old patched facility. But since he's here, and ours, we're supposed to be suckers, and lack foresight. No thank you.

Ross knows better. That's the frustration. If he were a young owner and committed to football atop his plate I'm convinced he'd build a new venue. But approaching age 73 in a few months and with football a sidelight, he's doing it at the cheap and sloppy, and at our expense, in more ways than one. He's got his hands out, and he's merely sticking a roof and a few rows onto an otherwise lame structure. Thanks pal. I'm sure that will hold up to scrutiny a decade from now, once other lavish stadium are in place. Joe Robbie made mistakes in the blueprint but at least he took a bold course, and did it on his own. He was not much younger than Ross but the plans for a new stadium had been underway since his late '70s feuding with the city commissioners. Ross and Dee had no idea anything was wrong until Goodell tapped them on the shoulder three years ago. We're asked to blindly march along, and disregard the certainty that much of what they are saying now will go the way of Dolphin Town and water park hype of merely a handful of years ago.
Well renovating is our best option, there is no way in hell we'll get a new stadium in my lifetime which is sad since I'm still young. Our facility is outdated, that can be fixed you downplay the effectiveness of the project, I'm sure there will be a structure in place ensuring we use the money to upgrade our stadium. Besides isnt this Mr. Ross's specialty, he has a vision for the stadium and I'm sure it'll be beautiful, and it'll help us secure future superbowls, while attracting more fans to come to games. It's a smart investment, you're not doing it justice by calling it a patch job seeing how this is a very permanent fix, we can't continue with an outdated stadium and expect more superbowls to come our way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm, well I guess Lambeau Field, Soldier Field, Oakland Coliseum, the Superdome, and many others should be imploded immediately.

Hiuzenga's upgrades cant even compare to this "patchwork" anyway. Huizenga brought us two HD scoreboards and new luxury suites and restaurants - neither of which added much to the gameday experience for the average fan. Ross is talking about bringing seats closer to the field, replacing the old seats in the entire stadium, adding a stadium canopy, and many other amenities. Its hardly patchwork. And besides, the alternative to upgrading the stadium is to do nothing - because there wont be a new stadium in Miami for a long time for obvious reasons. Better to opt for "patchwork" over nothing. At least it will get you to stop whining in every thread about how terrible the Dolphins are because they didn't build a new stadium right next door to your house with your own private entrance.

At least it will get you to stop whining in every thread about how terrible the Dolphins are because they didn't build a new stadium right next door to your house with your own private entrance.
Lol so true, where do people expect it to be damn.

Back
Top Bottom