We don't need Wide Receivers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We don't need Wide Receivers

and u never did answer my ? about tom brady and Ne, u disagree about getting asomugha and u say get pressure on brady like giants did ant yea thats correct. but do we have 3 above average lineman ?? and its unlikely we wil l have 3 by next year

3 DE's that can rush? Rushing is up to the linebackers in the 3-4. So that's why I put linebackers as a need. We get some solid linebackers that can put consistent pressure on the qb and there's your shutdown corner. Now, don't get me wrong, Asomugha and TJ would be great to have but only after our other needs are taken care of, if we don't then it's useless. If you don't believe me jsut ask Al Davis how Asomugha and Javon Walker are helping them win games. And TJ and Chad Johnson.

I agree that we have other needs but HOW could you pass on a TJ? Honestly? someone who would come in and make our WR corps just that much better, they are average or a little below now, we couldnt pass on TJ. We can get those other guys later on via draft free agency.

Everyone thought A.Harper (Dallas #2 WR when they were winning SB's) would be a great #1, Peerless Price was another and when they commanded the double team they were useless. Now I'm not saying this will happen but you need to be aware of guys who don't get double coverage because of a M.Irvin #1 is taking it all and now you expect the same production here. Especially when these guys will demand #1 money!!!!!!

I'd much rather go after another really good WR with size and experience to help out. NE won all those championships without a true #1 and since they've had R.Moss there's no championships. I know it's only been two years but you'd think he'd seal the deal for them.

We have bigger needs. We need all the money we can save to address the positions that need upgraded. Wide receiver is not one of those positions. Since you aren't getting my point how about this. Tell me how TJ will come in and score touchdowns for us that Ginn, Camarillo, Bess and London can't.

Are you serious??? I love all 4 of these WR's that we have but TJ is a much much better WR than any of them right now. Get TJ and best case scenerio Ginn, or London emerges as a top threat too and you have a ton of WEAPONS on offense that will be awefully awefully hard to cover. YES we need all of the things you mentioned as well but we DO need a legit #1 WR. Phins went into a PLAYOFF game with 3 active WR's on the Roster, Bess went down and they were down to two..... If that doesn't tell you we need a WR then IDK what will.

Not one game we lost, was due to not having a "number one" receiver. Not one...
Ginn, Camarillo and Bess helped us get to 11-5. All three have great hands and can be relied upon. Ginn already demands safety help when he's out there which leaves Camarillo in single coverage and Bess to roam underneath or outside. Now that we have London stepping up we should be set for next season. Having a reliable receiving corp means we can now spend more money elsewhere where it is REALLY needed.

We do not need a number one receiver.

We need linebackers.
We need a free safety.
We need a nose tackle.
We need a center.

If you disagree, please explain how a number one receiver deserves more attention than any of the previously listed positions.

this is so wrong , I wont bash you so I willo disagree with you instead.
fact number 1 we cant rely soly on tightends to stretch the field and yes ,we do need wrs ;as a matter of a fact we really need 2 wrs this pretending that miami is ok at wrs is why dolphins sux on offense we are not that bad on defense but we really are bad on offense just look at the scores our games.
now I will say that we do need a dt as a matter of a fact we need 2 of them .

if miami would get 2 wrs 2 dt's and 1 cb and 1 safety then miami should be better next year.
I would list our needs like this.

we need two wrs,
we need two defensive tackles
we could use two olinemen
we most certainly need a cb maybe even two of them .

we can get by at linebacker but we need a freaking bigtime wr and a bigtime cornerback . we really need to get a pass rush and another runningback this is only my opinion.

90% of Baltimore's pressure came from different LB's and the occasional CB/S blitz. We need better LB's, Porter is the only stud LB we have and can be game planned for because there's no threat of constant pressure from anywhere else. If we can get another OLB that can rush the passer and a brickwall for another ILB to help Crowder our defense will improve 10 fold.

What would help our WR's out greatly is a better run game to force the S's up and that means a better Oline. We need a much better C and maybe let VC go if he asks for too much and draft a Roadgrader.

this is so wrong , I wont bash you so I willo disagree with you instead.
fact number 1 we cant rely soly on tightends to stretch the field and yes ,we do need wrs ;as a matter of a fact we really need 2 wrs this pretending that miami is ok at wrs is why dolphins sux on offense we are not that bad on defense but we really are bad on offense just look at the scores our games.
now I will say that we do need a dt as a matter of a fact we need 2 of them .

if miami would get 2 wrs 2 dt's and 1 cb and 1 safety then miami should be better next year.
I would list our needs like this.

we need two wrs,
we need two defensive tackles
we could use two olinemen
we most certainly need a cb maybe even two of them .

we can get by at linebacker but we need a freaking bigtime wr and a bigtime cornerback . we really need to get a pass rush and another runningback this is only my opinion.
are you kidding me? we can get by at LB with who we have? we have NO pass rushing LBs besides Porter...we need ILB...a genuine bonafide 3-4 NT,not a 4-3 DT trying to play 3-4 NT...we need a mauling Center...RT..both Guard positions....guys,our trenches on both sides of the ball are not anywhere close to being complete...and we definitely need Secondary help...yes,a true #1 WR would be nice,but we have too many holes in other positions to fill and fix...and i personally hope we fix those other positions first...meat&potatos guys,meat&potatos before the flashy (sexy) picks...

dolphins sux on offense... just look at the scores our games.

The Dolphins ran up more passing yards on the Ravens the first time we met out of every team they played! That's including Indy who put up 271 yards. We threw for 295! Simple fact is our offense is getting it done.

ok phinfan 33 I see your point now I can get on board on linebackers , I guess i just would like to have speed and size guy like boldin .

i will take this time to say that i could have been wrong about wr Roy Williams i wonder though how much of that was a overrated Romo or a overrated Roy Williams ?

I am glade we didnt give the farm for Williams

we're not gonna spend big money on a reciever. i dont see us spending big money on a single free agent PERIOD. yes i would love to have NA, a shutdown corner leads to more coverage sacks. but on the other hand you get someone who can bring pressure cheap then you get more pressure ints. ill take a pressure int over a coverage sack anyday, cause the longer they get to stand back there and look the better the chance the reciever can get open regardless of how good the CB is. but on that note this is a thread about recievers.

in my post earlier the 930 one about how much we have to look forward to next season i believe we are fine at wr. i have stated if nicks out of unc falls to us in the second i would jump all over it UNLESS a stud backer or DB is still back there. next to cobbs london is prob our second best special teams player, i dunno if hes under contract for another year or so, but heck let him stay on special teams and also get worked in some during game play or in the event we have an injury much like towards the end of last year when he tried to show the league just exactly who he was. we use alot of different reciever sets to try to utilize all there potentials, so we will see cammy and bess in at the same time next year, ginn and cammy, ginn and bess, maybe even some martin at wr, so i think we are fine at wr specially considering that david martin can line up out there too...heck even patrick cobbs took dozens of snaps at wr this year. so WR we ARE fine, lets focus on LB DB and some depth on the OL

Ugh please don't start that again. The old Chris Chambers excuse. "He's an elite WR, but his stats suck because the QB stinks.... for 7 years running." Yet amazingly, WRs like Boldin and Ward somehow managed to put up monster stats every year despite playing with a rotation of bad QBs.

im not starting anything and i never stood up for chambers but im pretty sure that going from Carson Palmer to Ryan Fitzpatrick will make a difference, and im pretty sure TJ still had an alright season.

ok phinfan 33 I see your point now I can get on board on linebackers , I guess i just would like to have speed and size guy like boldin .

i will take this time to say that i could have been wrong about wr Roy Williams i wonder though how much of that was a overrated Romo or a overrated Roy Williams ?

I am glade we didnt give the farm for Williams
Hey Acefin 500...yes,a true #1 WR would be nice to have,but our OL minus Jake Long got manhandled yesterday..Jake did good i thought in keeping his man/men at bay...the rest of them were just straight up being owned by the Ravens front 7...a lot of guys on here are all over Crowders jock,and i personally just don't see where they're coming from with Channing,but hey,to each their own...besides Porter,we have zero pass rushing LBs...if we're going to be a dominant football team..then our trenches absolutely have to have mauling animalistic beasts at each position...i'm sure that when the time is right,we will bring in a true #1 WR,but until then,we still have work to do in our trenches on both sides of the ball...but all this is just my opinion...so take it for whatever you think it's worth...

3 DE's that can rush? Rushing is up to the linebackers in the 3-4. So that's why I put linebackers as a need. We get some solid linebackers that can put consistent pressure on the qb and there's your shutdown corner. Now, don't get me wrong, Asomugha and TJ would be great to have but only after our other needs are taken care of, if we don't then it's useless. If you don't believe me jsut ask Al Davis how Asomugha and Javon Walker are helping them win games. And TJ and Chad Johnson.

Walker is a bum and Asomugha plays for the raiders, the raiders are a different team than us. Pennington needed a change to a dif team eh?
Linebackers wont matter if the dline dont open up gaps...

we need a wide receiver big time. We have no true home run threat. Chris Chambers had more td receptions than our entire corp. To ignore wr would be a big mistake. We also have needs almost everywhere except runningback and qb. Our receivers played fairly well this year but neither Cam or ginn are more than a number 2 threat.

Back
Top Bottom