We have been had again by Ireland and co | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have been had again by Ireland and co

I don't know what people are so worked up about.

Bar Lockerr, Dalton (who was a big reach and everybody hates) and Ingram (if you believe in taking RBs in R1), none of the players that fin fans are lusting over are gone.

I guarantee we tried to trade down and got no takers. We weren't the only ones forced to pick at their spot for lack of a trade partner I'm the middle picks. I thought someone would come up for Prince but look how far he fell...

It's by no means a sexy pick, sure. I'm pi$$ed off we couldn't swing a 2nd rounder, which is the big disappointment IMO.

But maybe we can engineer a trade up and get one of the many GREAT players in R2.

As for not taking a QB, I think they would have taken any of the 3 that were already gone. Theres a reason they got Kaep and Mallett in so many times- to decide if they were worth first round picks or not. They obviously decided not. I respect CK's analysis, but it's just one opinion and maybe they are working on a swoop for someone now. Let's just see the draft out before the public stoning begins.

It's not like we're the only team with multiple needs who settled on a fattie in the first round.

Who were the playmakers available at 15? NONE.

Solid pick.

I wasn't happy last night, and I'm not happy now. The pick is not great value as is, but to me, it just signals another conservative move by a regime always too scared to be great or take a chance.

Someone said we need a Center. We need a Center because this regime has failed us in building/developing an OL. Their supposed specialty.

Now we have a C who can't snap.

I wasn't happy last night, and I'm not happy now. The pick is not great value as is, but to me, it just signals another conservative move by a regime always too scared to be great or take a chance.

Someone said we need a Center. We need a Center because this regime has failed us in building/developing an OL. Their supposed specialty.

Now we have a C who can't snap.

but we can always hope our coaches will coach him up. oh wait

Pouncey will not start straight away and when he does it may well be at guard.

Let's give the guy a chance before the haters get their meathooks in.

What a joke this pick is. It's as bad as the Ginn pick. Pouncey is no center...what a joke we draft a O-Lineman and still have have no 2nd rd pick. Worst is, they could of drafted this guy in the 20's and got a 2nd rd pick. This is sad and how bad can it get folks??? This organzation is a joke.

Pouncey probably, IMO, would not have been there in the 20's. I had heard multiple reports that Pats were going to take him at 17. If Miami wanted him they had to get him at 15. Saying all that I am underwhelmed by the pick, not because I don't think Pouncey won't be good, but because we truly need some offensive skilled players.

What a joke this pick is. It's as bad as the Ginn pick. Pouncey is no center...what a joke we draft a O-Lineman and still have have no 2nd rd pick. Worst is, they could of drafted this guy in the 20's and got a 2nd rd pick. This is sad and how bad can it get folks??? This organzation is a joke.

You think Mallet with the stone feet would do any better than Henne without solidifying the line first? This was a solid pick and one that will make sense once we draft some playmakers in the next few rounds.
Very similar things were said when we drafted Long over Ryan. I heard Why draft Ryan if we dont have a LT to keep him up.

Yet we drafted a LT 1st and QB2 yet Atlanta drafted a QB st and LT2nd. How did that workout? Sound familiar?
Chubbs

Unless I'm mistaken nobody has drafted Mallett Kaep or Ponder yet so how does this compare to the Ryan situation?

No one called us to move down so this whole thread is bunk.

We drafted a guy who filled a HUGE need, so it's a good pick.You may not like the pick but that doesn't make it a bad pick.

What a joke this pick is. It's as bad as the Ginn pick. Pouncey is no center....
This is a ridicullous statement. We'll be loving this guy when he makes the pro bowl.

Listen man, i wanted an exciting pick too. But when the dust settles and we reflect on who was playing guard for us last season. Pat f*cking McQuistan???? Who the h*ll is he anyways? Had anyone here even heard of the guy before he was STARTING for us?

Anyone thinking the difference between Maurkice and Mike is anything more than a pecker hair is wrong. It stings a little right now but i think we'll fall in love with him just as we have Jake Long.

sad? really? who's sad? u are...sucks to be u

Were you even watching the draft last night?

Wrong.

Whoa. Sleep deprivation! The draft finished at 3.30am where I'm at and the head is clearly still fuzzy! Scratch Ponder of course!

As for Pouncey at center, I seem to remember a load of crap from the FO about Starks playing NT too.

Very similar things were said when we drafted Long over Ryan. I heard Why draft Ryan if we dont have a LT to keep him up.

Yet we drafted a LT 1st and QB2 yet Atlanta drafted a QB st and LT2nd. How did that workout? Sound familiar?
Chubbs

I like our LT better than their LT. LOL

Chubbs, I want a QB as bad as any Fin fan but I do think when the smoke clears from the draft and FA we'll have one that we can all get excited about.

Back
Top Bottom