We have the best QB in the AFC East | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have the best QB in the AFC East

i'm gonna go ahead and say no way new england or new york goes into jacksonville and beats them....or miami for that matter

New England hasn't beaten anybody yet, the Jets haven't beaten anybody yet. I think it wouldn't matter who the Bills beat you still wouldn't give them any credit.

I'm not surprised Bill fans such as you feel that way. However it doesn't matter to me if Bill fans are bother by this. I'm just one preson with an opinion.

I know who they've played, I know how the teams the Bills have played this year are playing. They stink, they all have less wins then loses. It's not rocket science. If the Bills had faced the Cowboys and Eagles this year and beat both of those teams easily, then that would be proof the Bills are winning games that tough to win. But the Raiders and Jags and Seahwaks are nowhere's near the top teams right now. Thier statistics and rankings prove that.

You realize your logic is flawed, right? If the Bills had beaten the Eagles instead of the Jags in week 2, the Eagles would be 1-2 and thus a team that "stinks" and "have less wins then losses". The reason the Jags are 1-2 is because they lost to two undefeated division-leading teams.

You could def make the case the Seahawks aren't great, and of course the Raiders are the Raiders. But the Jags were commonly viewed as a strong playoff contender, and won a playoff game last year. The Bills went into their house and won, in September, no less. The Phins (during their good years) are typically dominant in September, I'd imagine the same advantage applies to our neighbors in northern Florida.

The jury is still out on the Bills, and the rest of the AFC East for that matter (although I am pretty much ready to bury the Jets). But it makes no sense to give credit to the 1-2 Jets because they lost to 2-1 New England and 1-2 San Diego, and give no credit to a 3-0 team.

What's your view on the Titans? They beat the 1-2 Jags, 0-2 Texans, and 0-3 Bengals. How bout the Broncos - they've beaten the 1-2 Chargers, 1-2 Saints, and 1-2 Raiders. Looks like all the 3-0 teams have proved nothing based on the record of their opponents. If you want to use the argument that of course it's too early to tell how good teams are now...then fine...why bother to come on here to talk about it so early in the season? Teams acquire poor records by losing to teams that acquire good records. You know what - you're right, it's not rocket science.

You realize your logic is flawed, right? If the Bills had beaten the Eagles instead of the Jags in week 2, the Eagles would be 1-2 and thus a team that "stinks" and "have less wins then losses". The reason the Jags are 1-2 is because they lost to two undefeated division-leading teams.

Are you seriously going to make an argument out of "IF"? The fact is the Bills won three games and that gives their fans something to be excited about, good for them. However I look at who they beat and how good those teams are NOW not last year or three years ago. I also look at how well the Bills played in those three games and I'm less then impressed so far. The Jags and Seahawks and Raiders all have one win, they all have 2 loses and the Rams are next on the Bills schedule and they are easily the worst team in the league through 3 games.

That would mean the Bills will play 4 teams that are a combined 3-12. I wouldn't exactly call that a real tough schedule. Is the schedule the Bills fault? No, they just play the schedule they were given. Does this change the fact that none of the teams they've played are not playing good football right now? No, it is what it is. But that schedule has hardly provided any kind of test.

If I'm not pointing out facts please tell me cause the last time I checked everything I'm saying is fact. People can look at me Like I simply don't like the Bills and refuse to give them credit, but I'm not making excuses as to why the Bills got lucky and blew out the Cowboy's Eagles and Giants. I'm just not convinced the Bills have done anything worthy of praise considering how their competition has played in the first three weeks.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but good teams don't struglle against bad teams at home, good teams are good because they win easily against bad teams at home.

Again you're entitled to your opinion, but YES there is more to games then wins and loses. Like I said bad teams win games, good teams win games. What seperates these two two teams? It's not simply the words "good" and "bad" what is the difference? Obviously good teams are good for a reason and bad teams are bad for a reason, that's why there is more to games then simply wins and loses. Coaches, GM's , scoutt's and owners all contribute to the wins and losses.

If Matt Millen can stand their and watch his team win a game and Indy GM Bill Polian can watch his team win a game obviously winning happens with every team. The difference is, one GM has far more succes watching his team win then the other, obviously there's more to winning and losing then just the wins and losses.

They do mean something, but are you seriously putting Edwards on the same level as Marino? Lets be logical about what you're trying to suggest here. Marino, had how many 400 yard passing games in his career? He has/had how many NFL records? How many Pro bowls? Seriously, you are obviously ignoring what happend the first three qtrs of that Raiders game and focusing soley on the one positive thing Trent did in the Raiders game.

Trent did nothing in the last two games till both the Jags and Raiders went to a prevent defense. The DB's suddenly backed off the WR and the front 7 was brining far less pressure, no blitzing. So all Trent had to do was stand in the shotgun and find one guy 10 or 15 yards down the firld and throw him the ball. I'm not knocking Trent, he did what was supposed to do. The difference is why couldn't trent do the same thing when the pressure was on? You can see whatever you want to see, but Philip Rivers and Tony Romo and Donavan McNabb can move their team down the filed in any qtr against any defense, why isn't Trent doing this??

So because the Giants struggled with Bengals at home that means they're not good?

Because the '72 Dolphins barely beat a terrible Bills team twice means they weren't good?

I think the good teams "win" the games they should. They find a way to win.

Just like to mention I'm not comparing our team to the '72 Dolphins or the '07 Giants

So because the Giants struggled with Bengals at home that means they're not good?

Because the '72 Dolphins barely beat a terrible Bills team twice means they weren't good?

I think the good teams "win" the games they should. They find a way to win.

Just like to mention I'm not comparing our team to the '72 Dolphins or the '07 Giants

Where did I say the Bills are not good?

I'm not surprised Bill fans such as you feel that way. However it doesn't matter to me if Bill fans are bother by this. I'm just one preson with an opinion.

Must be tough on you Jets fans. You criticize my perspective on giving the Bills credit. Though in other posts you're slurping the Jets and they're 1-2 record. I'm just one person with an opinion on this.

I'm just not convinced the Bills have done anything worthy of praise considering how their competition has played in the first three weeks.
I guess the points we differ on is the Jags, and to an extent, the Seahawks. To me, winning at Jacksonville was impressive and worthy of praise. I didn't see that coming at all, and I think the Jags are a really good team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they won the South; knocking off the Colts in their house is big. The Seahawks have been poor this year, but they did beat them by something like 24 points.

I guess the points we differ on is the Jags, and to an extent, the Seahawks. To me, winning at Jacksonville was impressive and worthy of praise. I didn't see that coming at all, and I think the Jags are a really good team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they won the South; knocking off the Colts in their house is big. The Seahawks have been poor this year, but they did beat them by something like 24 points.

Well how the Jags played two weeks ago is differnt then how they'll play a month from now. Maybe they get their Oline back, maybe they don't who knows. All you can do is look at how they played the Bills and since the Jags were so banged up on the Oline they weren't the Jags team that went to the Playoffs a year ago. As for the Jags beating the Colts, that was no big deal either, the Colts have been simply awful since the first preseason game.

The Colts have been outscored 52 to 67 so far. Both the Jags and Colts have a grand total of 10 TD's between them through three games Denver alone has 14. Obviously the Colts, Jags, Seahawks and Raiders are all playing simply bad football. All are 1-2 and all have socred less points then they've given up. Those are fact, it's not like all those teams are at the top of the league and and the only team to beat them was the Bills.

The Bills have simply gotten a very winable first 4 games. Is that my fault? Am I the one who controls how injured teams are or how they play? No, I simply point out the fact that Buffalo hasn't played a good team this year, remember this isn't last year. What teams like Jacksonville are doing right now they weren't doing last year. The same with the Jags and Seahawks and especially the Colts.

You wanna know what will convince me the Bills have actually become a good team? Win a game against one of the best teams in the league, do it in their house. When the Bills have the ball move the ball down the field on 11 or 12 play drives with almost every possesion. On D, hold the other team to one TD and maybe 2 or 3 field goals. Beat the other team by 14 or more points.

If the Bills can do that, then I'll believe they've turned the corner, till then it's the same ol Bills IMO. Good, great the Bills can pull out a win against banged up teams who aren't winning games, I've seen that. What I haven't seen is the Bills take care of business for an entire game without 2 or 3 ST plays mixed in with one or two drives in a game. I want to see the Bills win games the way GOOD teams win games, not the way lucky teams win games.

Must be tough on you Jets fans. You criticize my perspective on giving the Bills credit. Though in other posts you're slurping the Jets and they're 1-2 record. I'm just one person with an opinion on this.

For your information, I don't support Jets, I don't support the Pats, but both those teams make it to the playoffs, they win against good teams. They spend money and make an effort to imporve yearly. The BIlls don't, they don't make the playoffs, they don't beat the good teams and they very seldom spend money. Infact they constantly spend the least in the division and they're also the team in the division with the longest streak without a winning season and playoff berth.

As for you the only time you post is in this Beast of the East and you only defned the Bills. It's clear you're a Bill fan pretending to be a Dolphin fan, why? Who knows. But there was a huge Dolphin win this weekend and I have not seen you post one word in any other thread about the game this past weekend, but here you are defending the Bills. I find it odd that all you do is defend the Bills and yet have nothing to say about the Dolphins, except maybe a word ort two while defending the Bills.

BTW I went through your history of posts and you have not had won single post discussing the big win the Dolphins had, Ronnie Browns 5 TD day or Joey Portes 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble. NOT ONE WORD. I can't imagine joing a Dolphin site, seeing the Dolphins have the biggest win they've had in the last 19 games and having not one word to say about it, but one single Dolphin fan not believeing in the Bills, (of all teams) and this makes you want to jump right into the conversation and tell me how you're simply trying to be fair! Yeah, right. I think it's clear you're not a Dolphin fan.

I think my favorite part might be when us Bills Fans complained about injuried hurting our season last year, but FTP said that those injuries don't matter and good teams make it through injuries.

But then we beat a few injured squads and all of a sudden those squads aren't good because of injuries.

The jags lost to two 3-0 teams and then went into indy and won. Yeah. real terrible.

For your information, I don't support Jets, I don't support the Pats, but both those teams make it to the playoffs, they win against good teams. They spend money and make an effort to imporve yearly. The BIlls don't, they don't make the playoffs, they don't beat the good teams and they very seldom spend money. Infact they constantly spend the least in the division and they're also the team in the division with the longest streak without a winning season and playoff berth.

As for you the only time you post is in this Beast of the East and you only defned the Bills. It's clear you're a Bill fan pretending to be a Dolphin fan, why? Who knows. But there was a huge Dolphin win this weekend and I have not seen you post one word in any other thread about the game this past weekend, but here you are defending the Bills. I find it odd that all you do is defend the Bills and yet have nothing to say about the Dolphins, except maybe a word ort two while defending the Bills.

BTW I went through your history of posts and you have not had won single post discussing the big win the Dolphins had, Ronnie Browns 5 TD day or Joey Portes 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble. NOT ONE WORD. I can't imagine joing a Dolphin site, seeing the Dolphins have the biggest win they've had in the last 19 games and having not one word to say about it, but one single Dolphin fan not believeing in the Bills, (of all teams) and this makes you want to jump right into the conversation and tell me how you're simply trying to be fair! Yeah, right. I think it's clear you're not a Dolphin fan.

I can see why he doesn't post anything about the phins.

I came here and posted " Great Win" http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f49/great-win-fish-229663.html and you actually tried to convince me that it was meaningless. I honestly enjoyed watching the Phins game. I was impressed by how they scored at will. As a Bills fan I question weather the 2 games against them will be a walk in the park like I had originally believed.

If I'm getting the wrong idea please tell me but I don't see why anyone would want to celebrate and post how great a win they thought it was just to have you harsh their buzz and tell them they don't know what they are talking about.

Fresh, it's your opinion. Post or don't post what you want. Enjoy yourself here on YOUR teams message board and again, great win.

I am wondering if Spurz still feels the same way.....Farve was pretty brutal last night while Edwards is looking pretty good with 2 comebacks in his last 3 games.

I said I'd take Favre, not the entire Jets team. Was it his fault the defense couldn't stop San Diego?

Nothing positive to say, I've never seen a team do less yet get so much credit. The Bills played three teams so far that are all 2 games below 500. AND IT'S ONLY WEEK 3!!!!! Yet the Bill fans talk as if the Bills beat the 07 PAT's, the 2000 Ravens and the 72 Dolphins back to back to back. Give me a break. The Bills are the only team in the diuvision yet to play a division rival while each of the Pats, Jet's and Dolphins have each played 2 division games.

The Bills couldn't have drawn an easier schedule to start the year if they tried. But to listen to Bill fans you'd think the Bills had done something woth talking about. I have yet to see one Bill fan come here and talk about how weak the teams are they've played so far, but Bill fans will pretend they played the best in the league. What's worse, the Bill fans expect everyone else to think the Bills have had a tough three games.

Look out the Bills have yet another tough tough game! The almighty 0-3 Rams, they've only given up 116 points in three games while scoring a whopping 29 points. They will be another moster test for the Bills. That would mean that the 4 teams the Bills have played in the first 4 games those teams are all of 3-12 what a rough stretch of games to have to battle through. :rolleyes2:

A team can't be 2 games under .500 after 3 games man. It isn't mathematically possible

Back
Top Bottom