We should try to go after Vick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We should try to go after Vick

Some of you guys make me laugh, you all talk this crap about not watching the Dolphins again if they sign Vick, but the minute he's throwing TD's for us, you all will be the first ones out there buying his jersey and hoping back on the bandwagon. Put O.J. Simpson, Charles Manson and Ted Bundy in this team and if they score TD's for us I could care less what their past was all about. This game is about wins, who gives a crap about a players mistakes in the past. I see all these people talking sh*t about Cam Newton but those are the same people who'll be all over his nuttz when he's throwing TD's for their team next year.

Ummmm.... No. Some folks actually have these things called "principles." No team is ever worth compromising my beliefs or principles.

Some of you guys make me laugh, you all talk this crap about not watching the Dolphins again if they sign Vick, but the minute he's throwing TD's for us, you all will be the first ones out there buying his jersey and hoping back on the bandwagon. Put O.J. Simpson, Charles Manson and Ted Bundy in this team and if they score TD's for us I could care less what their past was all about. This game is about wins, who gives a crap about a players mistakes in the past. I see all these people talking sh*t about Cam Newton but those are the same people who'll be all over his nuttz when he's throwing TD's for their team next year.

Believe what you want, but I have some standards. The simple fact that he was allowed back in the NFL is implicit acceptance of his actions. I don't want to, and will not be any part of a team lets this sub-human pile of **** onto their field.

I cannot even believe I am responding to this thread, do you understand why we are where we are?

Do you understand how the good teams are good, and stay good?

Good teams do NOT go after another teams great players, they draft or find them themselves.

Go after Michael Vick, are you a ploy by the management of this board to get people to join VIP?

A few more posts like this, and I will....

Bill Parcells, to Jeff ireland, hey Jeff, I have an idea, I can't believe I never thought of this, let's go after Tom Brady, because, you know, i think he may be good, and if we throw them this years draft, and next, who knows right?

Well Bill, I will go along with you as long as we also go after Chris Johnson too, gosh are we smart!!
Okay thats good, if peyton manning falls to our hands in the offseason lets not get him. Lets TRY and make our own product and HOPE for the best instead of going for a quality and PROVEN player like vick manning or brady. As much as we hate brady, I know we would love to have his experiance here if we had the chance. BTW vick wont be going anywhere, i doubt manning will either. We need huge bucks for those guys

you make me laugh with your projecting and rationalizing. everyone isn't that wishy-washy and lame.

Vick ain't going anywhere. No thanks to Kolb...we have already experimented once with Philly's sloppy seconds at QB cough *feely* cough. I say we draft Jake Locker if he falls to us..if not and Mark Ingram is there...take him.

there is no way i want a killer on my team just to win games, the only place i want vick is in the electric chair for the horrible crimes he did, mass murderers start out killing animals for fun and then move to people,

i'm assuming your vegan, right? In no way am i defending vick's actions; it was a despicable thing to do. but come on, people rarely get executed for killing people!

Kolb is nothing more than another physically challenged 2nd round money bargain. He played lights out for a couple of spot starts last season, but once teams have gotten enough film on him, he isnt nearly as successful.

The eagles have found their franchise QB. His name is Mike Vick and he is drastically better than the guy named Michael Vick who went to prison. He has truly reformed himself. He is no longer just a great athlete playing QB. He is a QB. And a damn good one. So far this season, he is playing at an MVP level. His play is tremendous. He has been dedicated to the work, the film study, the practice, the offseason workouts, and everything that goes into making an elite QB. He is a new man. If he keeps it up, he is going to be a wealthy man once again for being one of the elite QBs in this league.

No way they let Vick walk. Kolb is perfect to be their backup. I think they keep both. Even if they didnt, I dont want Kolb.

........ His name is Mike Vick and he is drastically better than the guy named Michael Vick who went to prison. He has truly reformed himself..... He is a new man.......
now how in the hell could you possibly know that? name one psychotic killer that ever reformed himself. he could be sneaking puppies into his house at night and drowning them in the tub for all you know.

now how in the hell could you possibly know that? name one psychotic killer that ever reformed himself. he could be sneaking puppies into his house at night and drowning them in the tub for all you know.

Well you have a fair point. I cant truly know that.

But, what I do know is that all the coaches seem to say this guy is dedicated to being the best QB he can possibly be. They say he has gone above and beyond when it comes to putting in the work. His play seems to suggest that as well. I also know when I see him in interviews, he seems like a different person. He also seems to take responsibility for his actions and admit his mistakes.

Im not saying I would trust the guy as far as the non-football aspects of life, but from what Ive seen, he seems like he at least has it together a little bit.

Just goes to show the football analysis of our arm chair Coaches & GMs.

Vick was available for free & cheap contract ... no one even took him for a long time.

The threads here were about 98% against signing Vick.

The smart football folks said he would do well again, & minimally could be traded for a top round pick ... NO ONE listened.

Now everyone wants Vick & ready to pay top dollar .... whaaaaat???? Ya gotta figure it out & get potential cheap ... before its good & expensive.

For the dog lovers who hate Vick ... yeah, I'm with you, but everyone must have a 2nd chance. Cripes something like 20+% of our population has been to jail. The NFL is loaded with murderers, gun slingers, deadbeat dads, rapists, thieves, etc. (Imagine what is NOT public.) Much worse in my book. I loves me some Ricky, but believe he's a good example. He's blown off most of his kids without a nickel when he had millions ... they make some slanted ding-dong documentary on Ricky ... most here had him up for Sainthood. Folks make mistakes, its a slice of life. Let them play football & ditch em if they're continually crappy citizens.

Believe what you want, but I have some standards. The simple fact that he was allowed back in the NFL is implicit acceptance of his actions. I don't want to, and will not be any part of a team lets this sub-human pile of **** onto their field.

No offense, but you sound like the serial killer...Two posts about Vick either dying or being less of a human.

F*ck! Learn to forgive!

We had our chance to get him along with 31 other teams, Philly wont let him go unless he has an epic downfall the rest of the season and throws 100 interceptions. Seriously though some of you are ridiculous about your comments on Vick when you probably dont even know the whole situation. There was never even any real proof or evidence that Vick actually killed a dog himself but he hosted and gave orders which is just as bad but I dont think most people realize that. At the time I was too one of the people who thought Vick was a horrible person that they could do that to dogs, but I will save some other people on my list that have done much worse for the title of the scum of the earth like the child molesters, rapists, and serial killers

Roethlisberger raped someone (to be fair it was statutory), Ray Lewis KILLED SOMEONE and got no jail time, Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth KILLED PEOPLE and got let off 100 times easier than Vick and yet Vick is the killer/monster who deserves to be mauled. Do some of you realize the dogs and horses that race they actually burn and kill them if they get injured and cannot perform anymore? In my opinion I feel every single one of these players who get DWI's are much worse than what Vick did, they feel they are above the law and can drink and drive because they get paid millions to play a football game...with no regard or care to anyone else they can hurt or kill. Which has cost innocent lives, and while normal people pay the price and go to jail for years these players get 30 days MAX. Again though I am not saying what Vick did wasnt bad, it was horrible but seriously some people need to lay off the man he paid for what he did he has been playing amazing football this year he deserved another chance and is making the best of it now...how much more players are we going to miss out on because of their past lives

Back
Top Bottom