We were wrong about the Sage Experience | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We were wrong about the Sage Experience

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Damn, now I feel bad for even joking about it, but we couldn't know and he did make it come off really cheesy.

A news release issued Friday stated Rosenfels was available to make paid personal appearances for such off-beat events as bar mitzvahs, birthdays and Monday Night Football parties. Since then, Rosenfels said what he had thought would be a novel way to capitalize on his NFL status for charity has been ridiculed by the media and teammates as being "a cheesy, flaky thing to try to make money on the side."

Rosenfels had hoped to keep the exact reasons for his involvement private.

But amid growing damage to his reputation both personally and professionally, Rosenfels decided Tuesday to reveal his intentions.

Rosenfels' 33-year-old sister, Jaia, remains wheelchair-bound after a 1992 car accident, which not even his closest teammates knew. Jaia recovered to earn a master's degree and serves on the board of the Iowa-based Everett Connor Center for Independent Living.

Rosenfels hopes to donate any money raised to the center and other charity endeavors in which his sister is involved. One such charity is trying to generate funding for a professional wheelchair basketball league in Fort Myers.

"I can always write a check myself, but I thought maybe I could use my tiny celebrity status in South Florida to do something positive," Rosenfels said. "It ended up being like a big joke. I was hoping not to have to include the whole story of why I was doing this, but I'm disappointed with how this has turned out. I feel I have to do damage control. I'm not a goofball."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...un16,0,1582512.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

My bad Sage.

That's big of you to step up and admit you were wrong....I bumped the Rent-a-Sage thread so that maybe some others could follow your lead...;)

Even so, he's doing it for extra cash for his sister, it's still rent-a-Sage. Additionally, why doesn't he just give her some money? He's not donating it all to her, so why does he need the extra cash? Is it for him or for her? He still has a job right? Makes more then most of us here I'm sure. He's still rent-a-Sage and it's still corny.

Yeah I mean no offense to those stepping up and apologizing but I don't really have any regrets. It said in the original release that an undisclosed percentage would go to charity. Its not that I said he was a bad person for doing it or anything but I definitely got a good laugh and even sent his publicist an email requesting Sage to come play some Madden with me and my roommate.

I don't care how noble the reason is now, it was still a stupid announcement and his publicist should be FIRED. She made him the laughing stock of the league for a few days. It was handled all wrong, everything from the language used to the title of the damn program. And it wasn't like the source of the ridicule was the press, because the article that served as the announcement was written in a whole lot more earnest than I would have been able to manage. As I read it I just kept laughing more and more and more, I mean what the heck was he thinking?

I admire him for wanting to do something for charity, but I'm still laughing at the stupidity of it all.

Wow I can't believe that he is doing something for a really good cause and people are still going to rip him for it! The difference of raising the money by making appearances he helps out the foundation and the people that want to see him! I think it's great that he is trying to do something for people with a disability no matter how he's doing it (as long as it is legal of course :D )!
It's a huge change of life for someone to lose limbs or be bound to a wheelchair! I have thought about what I would do if that happened to me and I couldn't play sports anymore or even walk to the bathroom and any organization that can help people like that out is a good thing!
You guys should cut him a little slack!

If Sage would have just said right from the start that he was doing it all for charity and talked about the CHARITY instead of himself, the ridicule would not have happened.

Instead, he auctioned himself off as if he were Michael damn Vick, and he paid for it. Big deal, bad decision, I got a good laugh, and I'm still laughing, and I don't feel bad about it.

ckparrothead said:
If Sage would have just said right from the start that he was doing it all for charity and talked about the CHARITY instead of himself, the ridicule would not have happened.

Instead, he auctioned himself off as if he were Michael damn Vick, and he paid for it. Big deal, bad decision, I got a good laugh, and I'm still laughing, and I don't feel bad about it.

That's a good point, if he was more up front it wouldn't have been as bad!
I'll give you that!

ckparrothead said:
Yeah I mean no offense to those stepping up and apologizing but I don't really have any regrets. It said in the original release that an undisclosed percentage would go to charity. Its not that I said he was a bad person for doing it or anything but I definitely got a good laugh and even sent his publicist an email requesting Sage to come play some Madden with me and my roommate.

I don't care how noble the reason is now, it was still a stupid announcement and his publicist should be FIRED. She made him the laughing stock of the league for a few days. It was handled all wrong, everything from the language used to the title of the damn program. And it wasn't like the source of the ridicule was the press, because the article that served as the announcement was written in a whole lot more earnest than I would have been able to manage. As I read it I just kept laughing more and more and more, I mean what the heck was he thinking?

I admire him for wanting to do something for charity, but I'm still laughing at the stupidity of it all.
I agree. It's a noble cause, but if you don't tell the story, how do you expect the public to react to "Rent-A-Sage"?

You really sent an e-mail asking Sage to play you and your roomate in Madden? NICE....Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

you people that still say that its a goofy stupid idea are dumbasses....he's doing it for his sister omg....he is just trying to help plus he doesnt have that much money look where he is on the depth chart

yeah people should do things that we want not what they want

No people do whatever they want just expect consequences. Auction yourself off like a hooker or a super-star and if you're not either one of those, expect to be ridiculed. Sage could have handled it any way he wanted to, but the way he did handle it, he should not act so suprised when people make fun of him for it or laugh.

Back
Top Bottom