We will NOT Pay Jennings and Hartline AND get a first round receiver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We will NOT Pay Jennings and Hartline AND get a first round receiver

MiamiNative0722

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This claim is made with the premise that we will go sign one of the big 3:Jennings Wallace or Bowe.

I just want to make this clear,if we pay one of the big 3, and if you want us to draft a first round receiver, we will not be paying Hartline.

We will not be spending a first round pick to split snaps with Hartline for 4+ years.

If you want to pay up Hartline then it will guaranteed be second rounder or lower in the draft for a wideout because you won't be paying Hartline 4-5 million in years 2-4 to be the third/fourth option receiver.

Which is why I want Hartline to walk. I want to get Jennings or Wallace, draft Cordarrelle Patterson, and then also sign a cheap FA wr that can be serviceable and split snaps with Patterson for the first couple years.

Go get Ramses Barden who is tall, fast and huge hands to split with Patterson on the far side.

I would be fine with signing Jennings & Hartline, and using our 1st rd pick on a DB.

i would be fine this year for hartline and jennings and 1st on db too. maybe a TE. rather DB though

I see your point but don't 100% agree. You need 4-5 WRs that can play in this league. Right now we have one, maybe two. I can see bringing in Jennings or Bowe and still signing Hartline and drafting a WR in top 3 rds. Personally I don't see a WR in this draft I would want to spend a top 12 pick on, but I would be ok with spending a 2nd or trading down and using a late 1st on one of the WRs. This front office has been known to spend several picks at one position to make sure they get what they want. So I don't think it is safe to say with 100% confidence that it CAN'T happen IMO.

If we signed one of the big 3 WR's in FA I'd also like bring Hartline back, but no way for his asking price, he and TH17 have chemistry already. I don't trust CB's in the 1st round, I'd much rather go DE, a solid pass rush makes an average secondary better. Then go offense heavy for the rest of the draft

I see your point but don't 100% agree. You need 4-5 WRs that can play in this league. Right now we have one, maybe two. I can see bringing in Jennings or Bowe and still signing Hartline and drafting a WR in top 3 rds. Personally I don't see a WR in this draft I would want to spend a top 12 pick on, but I would be ok with spending a 2nd or trading down and using a late 1st on one of the WRs. This front office has been known to spend several picks at one position to make sure they get what they want. So I don't think it is safe to say with 100% confidence that it CAN'T happen IMO.

You can't simply invest very single resource in WR. OP is right, FA+Hartline means no high pick WR.

I think we'll still try to get a first round tight end though. If Eifert is there you have to, I may even reach for Ertz or try to trade down to get him.

As far as receivers goes I always felt we would be going with Free Agent (Jennings), Matthews and Hartline as our 1, 2 and 3 receivers into training camp. Maybe draft Ryan Swope with a late third or fourth round pick.

Id like to sign Jennings and let Hartline walk. Then draft 2 WRs. I really hope we can get Wheaton and Swope. Ill be doing back flips in my living room if that happens.

Jennings seems like the right choice. He is a solid veteran that can still play, will be the cheapest of the 3, and we won't have to sign a long term deal. So I would resign Hartline and sign Jennings to a 2-3 year deal. Then draft a WR or two and they can eventually take Jennings place.

Not in the least bit worried about signing Mike Wallace to a "long term" deal. He's 26 and one of the best playmakers in the NFL. If Miami wants to get playmakers like they continuously say, then they will pull the trigger.

I still laugh at us not throwing a 2nd GB's way for jones. Mfer is a beast.

That should be a correct assumption first you go not want WR talent sitting on the bench because you have position overload especially with a lot of resourses spent on it and second we have enough holes and not enoght ammuntion to fill all the holes at once. I kind of suspect that we will get Wallace as our WR and spend a 2nd on the WR position and let Harline work. I keep predicting a pass rusher in the first round this year. Also we are in need of a CB and if we let Longwalk like I expect you have the OL to address again. Pay Wallace and a big OG name in FA and use the draft for the DE, scecondary, OL and WR holes left.

If this is the way that it goes, i would say trade down in the 1st round to pick up an additional 2nd. Draft Banks. Then in the late first when eifert or ertz is sitting there use 2 and 3 round pick or 2 2nds to move back up and nab one of them. Then you have your other 2nd grab another receiver like the kid from clemson who i think is an absolute beast.

This claim is made with the premise that we will go sign one of the big 3:Jennings Wallace or Bowe.

I just want to make this clear,if we pay one of the big 3, and if you want us to draft a first round receiver, we will not be paying Hartline.

We will not be spending a first round pick to split snaps with Hartline for 4+ years.

If you want to pay up Hartline then it will guaranteed be second rounder or lower in the draft for a wideout because you won't be paying Hartline 4-5 million in years 2-4 to be the third/fourth option receiver.

Which is why I want Hartline to walk. I want to get Jennings or Wallace, draft Cordarrelle Patterson, and then also sign a cheap FA wr that can be serviceable and split snaps with Patterson for the first couple years.

Go get Ramses Barden who is tall, fast and huge hands to split with Patterson on the far side.

I think we draft our WR in the 2nd or 3rd.....After watching the Senior Bowl practices I like the King kid out of Georgia

would rather like hartline walk and draft a WR in the first and 3rd and a DB in the 2nd and third with either a Pass rusher or TE thrown in there. Rest of the draft is oline and dline.

Back
Top Bottom