Welker Reminds Me Of Chrebet.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Reminds Me Of Chrebet..

Brown42000 said:
They are both slot guys who have good hands and are reliable to go out there and give it there all every game.

I brought this up in August after really only seeing Welker play once or twice. I think he has the same work ethic and attitude too like you guys said. the term I used to describe him is he's a winner. The kind of guy who works hard and steps up when you need him.

i think they become successful and good b/c they dealt iwth negativity there whole life about size height, athletic ability, or whatevre it may be and they become determined and harder workers such as a Z. Thomas.

Hmm, I would say Wes Welker reminds me of a hybrid of Wayne Chrebet (for his receiving abilities) and Tim Dwight (for his kick/punt returning). Definitely don't see a similarity to Brandon Stokley other than being under 6 foot speedy receivers.

Welker and Stokley also have very good hands and they bring their best game every Sunday.

Somewhat off subject...and I admit pure fantasy football...and I like Welker alot but think about our offense with Brian Westbrook playing Welkers' position.

Would that be fun to watch or what?

What would a defense do to prepare for us? Does anyone think Philly will let BW walk after this season?

na i like welker better than westbrook we already have a catching RB, 2 actually we dont need one that cant run.

I reallly hate to say this but Welker always reminds of Steve Tasker. There I said it. :D

SweepeR said:
wait for him to breakout like a crebet/Mcafry? (how was that name spelled, WR of denver) when we get a QB who can get him the ball.

Eddie McCaffrey was 6'5" (the tallest receiver in Broncos history) while Wes Welker is maybe 5' 9".....it is hard comparing those two.

Chrebet, yes...Ward, no way. Hines is one of the most physical WR's in the game...that dude will smack a DB in the mouth and is one tough SOB.

u got to be kidding me...chrebet??? the guy couldnt run a 40 under 4.5 if he was on top of a horse...u comparing them cause hes white??? jeez man...chrebet was a guy with no speed at all...he cut his teeth over the middle for years...last time i checked, welker was our guy to stretch the field and run patterns underneath the defense that are designed to get him as much running space as possible...and even stokely is a bad example...stokelys a possession guy...whos next on the comparison chart? ricky prohel??? i mean, id say hes way closer to versions of santana moss or sammie smith than anything else...he just hasnt developed his game to their stature yet, but with saban's help, he could become lesser versions of those guys...

chrebet??? geez man

Back
Top Bottom