Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

Making stuff up? You obviously visit Bills sites, you're gonna tell me as with every off season Bill fans aren't talking playoffs yet again? Please stop, I know better. All Bill fans ever do is tell everyone else how their team will contend in the up coming season.

I don't want Stroud, he's often injured and he's been suspended for steroid use. You act as if that is irrelevant. Well it's not, in fact it's quite serious. You also act as if Stroud made the pro bowl the last three years, he hasn't.
Why do Bill fans always think every player they sign is some huge achievement? He's ok, but it's been a while since he's been what you're hoping he will be. Your team didn't land the top DT in the NFL, just a player who's former team had seen enough and decided to move on.

And please show me where I said a word about Starks. I never said he was better or worse then Stroud. Satrks has the size BP looks for in a DL player and will probably be a third down option and add a nice rotation. Heck he may not even make the team. Talk about making stuff up, geesh.

The Bills hadf a look at the playoffs?....AT 7-9??? PLEASE!!! Your team has what? 2 wins in the last two years aginst teams with a winning record? What good is making the playoffs if you can't beat teams with a winning record? As for what the Dolphins were in 07, this isn't 07 anymore. No one has even made it to the draft yet rosters aren't set yet so how do you know what will be? You don't.

You expect a playoff or winning season? Ummm I'm sure you expected that in 06 and 07 and you're still waiting. Jauron? Good luck, he's had what, one winning season as a HC? With the Bears? Bill fans....funny stuff.

I said Miami had the most "KEY INJURIES" combined with a tough schedule. And they did, the Bills lose what a Rookie LB? Big deal, Miami also had better statistics on offense and defense then the Bills and Miami did it with some really lackluster talent.

This leads me to your final comment. The Bills are miles ahead of the Dolphins? Then why didn't the Bills finish somewhere in the middle of the pack on offensive and defensive statistics? This is why I have such little respect for anything Bill fans say. You claim your team is miles ahead of the Dolphins, but everything the Bills did last year points to their being one of the worst teams in the league. How do you ignore those facts and then try to convince others your team is better then they are? What a frikin joke, those comments are, as are the Bills.

As if everything you write isn't full of bias and blind faith you also have a problem remembering what you write in the same post.

Example:

First you write,

Then you write,

Wow, great stuff:up:

Excellent summary FTP.

We shouldn't be excited, we have no idea where we stand right now. It's neither good nor bad. I believe we still have a lot of talent on this team, but who knows how long it could take to come together. It could happen next year it could happen in three years. We just have to wait and see.

Ahh, see I kinda disagree there. I think all 3 teams have reason to be excited.

The Fins were in a lot of games last season, and with a competent coach some of those tight losses could turn into wins next season. The Fins are starting a new era with Parcels, you'll have a completely different team over the next few seasons. If the Parcels effect works for the Fins they'll be competing for postseason play in a couple years.

The Bills were the second best team in the division and they've made a few upgrades. I can understand why they'd be confident especially given the injury woes they had last season and what they were able to accomplish. It just seems like they can never get over the hump, and I don't expect the Jets or Fins to be the pushovers they were last season. That said, there's still no reason for them to feel like next year won't be the year they can finally push there way into the playoffs.

As for the Jets, they were a playoff team (albeit a weak one) 2 seasons ago, and like the Fins they lost a lot of close games last season. The Jets went out and did almost exactly what any Jets fan would have wanted them too so far this offseason. They addressed needs with talent thats either top tier or has the potential to be. Considering that the Jets have what appears to be a weak schedule (on paper at least) Jets fans have good reason to believe that they'll return to the postseason again next year.

You have to get excited about next season, the alternative sucks all the fun out of being a fan. As much as I look forward too the East returning to respectability, a couple teams are always going to be left out in the cold because this division is going to be very competitive in the near future. That beats the alternative of having a bunch of losers though, and the better we all get the better the chances that the Patriots reign at the top of the division comes to an end. :up:

Miam ws 1-15 and the Bills were 7-9 with one of the youngest team in football. They had a look at the playoffs. I already have conceded the division and 2 losses to the Pats, but given that we play the Fins and Jets twice and the AFC/ NFC West, I definitely expect a playoff and/or winning season. There's no question about it. And Jauron knows that his job is on the line.

And there is the flaw in your thinking. You're penciling in wins against the Jets and Fins. Both teams have already improved there rosters (on paper at least) and the draft is still to come. 3 of those 4 wins for the Bills were very close games, and those 4 wins contributed over 50% of your total.

The Bills won 7 games last season, all but one tightly contested, and all but one against what was the lower eschelon of the league. I don't fault your optimism, but counting on wins in the division like that sets you up for a big let down next season.

Ahh, see I kinda disagree there. I think all 3 teams have reason to be excited.

The Fins were in a lot of games last season, and with a competent coach some of those tight losses could turn into wins next season. The Fins are starting a new era with Parcels, you'll have a completely different team over the next few seasons. If the Parcels effect works for the Fins they'll be competing for postseason play in a couple years.

The Bills were the second best team in the division and they've made a few upgrades. I can understand why they'd be confident especially given the injury woes they had last season and what they were able to accomplish. It just seems like they can never get over the hump, and I don't expect the Jets or Fins to be the pushovers they were last season. That said, there's still no reason for them to feel like next year won't be the year they can finally push there way into the playoffs.

As for the Jets, they were a playoff team (albeit a weak one) 2 seasons ago, and like the Fins they lost a lot of close games last season. The Jets went out and did almost exactly what any Jets fan would have wanted them too so far this offseason. They addressed needs with talent thats either top tier or has the potential to be. Considering that the Jets have what appears to be a weak schedule (on paper at least) Jets fans have good reason to believe that they'll return to the postseason again next year.

You have to get excited about next season, the alternative sucks all the fun out of being a fan. As much as I look forward too the East returning to respectability, a couple teams are always going to be left out in the cold because this division is going to be very competitive in the near future. That beats the alternative of having a bunch of losers though, and the better we all get the better the chances that the Patriots reign at the top of the division comes to an end. :up:

I think Miami has more growing pains to go through, I think we could be last in the division next year. I'm Ok with that because we have so much youth and inexperience. Both with the players and coaches. I think the Jets are the only team that will give the Pats a challenge. I would really like to see Chad stay healthy for a season for the Jets because I think he has the talent to be a top QB.

I think Miami has more growing pains to go through, I think we could be last in the division next year. I'm Ok with that because we have so much youth and inexperience. Both with the players and coaches. I think the Jets are the only team that will give the Pats a challenge. I would really like to see Chad stay healthy for a season for the Jets because I think he has the talent to be a top QB.

Chads a smart guy that used to make good decisions. There's a direct correlation between his downward spiral and the state of the Jets OL in my opinion. He's not getting any younger though and while he can throw a ball 50 yards now and then, his arm strength makes him easier for opposing defenses to scheme for. I woulden't be shocked to see him trot out onto the field as the opening day starter next season, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he's not even on the opening day roster.

Umm, where are the supporting facts or are you saying Donte Whitner sucked last year?

Jason Allen on 6 games less starting than Whitner had 2 more interceptions, 2 more pass defended, 55 solo tackles [62 total] on 9 games starting compared to Whitner 68 solo tackles [89 total], 1 pass defended and 1 interception in 15 games starting.

That of course, considering where Donte Whitner [8th overall] was drafted compared to Jason Allen [16th overall]. :rolleyes2:

are you saying stats paint an entire picture. Your O was ranked higher than ours and so did your D . Yet we all know your team was scored upon easily. Of course your db's stats are gonna look padded.

Lets not forget that inspite of your better statistical ranking , you were 1-15 and we were 7-9.

Allen is not in Whitners and Huffs class.

Translation: I'm wise enough to know better then to bet on things I don't control. You on the other hand, not so much.

I don't have control over what happens either but at least I've always been willing to put my money where my mouth is. You always run away when I challenge your opinions. Simply put, you have no confidence in your own statements and I've always been right. You were wrong 100% of the time.

Feleey sucked, Saban sucked , and we were better than you last year. Just a few things that you were wrong. The only wise thing you did was not take the bets because you WERE WRONG!

Now I don't have control over what happens this upcoming season. You keep telling us that your team is ranked higher offensively ,defensively etc,etc.

Simply put, you think your team is gonna better than the bills. Back it up.

Yeah see when trying to talk football with Justabillfan, understand his team is always better....no matter what.

:lol:

I'm not the one who thinks that offensive/defensive rankings makes the fins better inspite of what the standings say. 7-9 vs. 1-15. You do.

I love how whatever the Bills do is the best thing they could do...according to you obviously.

You said this, I didn't. Why are you telling me what I think? You keep saying "Bills fans think this, Bills fans think that..."? You can keep saying it over and over and it still wont make it true.

It was the same last year. Bill fans were telling everyone right after their FA signings that they would now compete for the division and were a playoff team, sure.

Again, why are you telling me what I said? I never said that in fact last year I said something like The Pats would go 13-3, Jets 10-6, Bills 8-8, Phins 3-13 and I think I said I may have given the phins a game or two.

I have always been realistic when it comes to talking football in here, always. So when you go telling me what I think or what I said please quote me, don't just make stuff up.

Here's my predictions for last season. www.dolphinsnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190638&page=2

Pats 13-3 (tough game against SD even at home and I dont want to believe they will sweep more than 1 AFC East team this year)

Jets 11-5 (wins @ Home over Miami, Cleveland, Pitt, KC, Buf, Wash, New England. Road wins Miami, Tenn, Dallas, NY Giants)

Bills 8-8 (Wins @ Home over Miami, NY Jets, New England, Balt. Road wins over Miami, Cleveland, Pitt, Philly)

Phins 3-13 (Losses @ home to Buf, NE, NYJ, Balt, Cin, Dal, NYG Losses on the road to Buffalo, NE, NYJ, Pitt, Philly, Wash. Miami's only wins come against Oakland, Cleveland, Houston.

Here are Phin fans predictions about their team-
Dolphins...9-7.....wildcard defense&RBs are tough

Dolphins: 7-9

Dolphins 10-6

Dolphins 9-7 or 10-6, depending on our qb

Dolphins 11-5 (Wild Card Winner)

Dolphins: 10-6 (I expect to split with the pats, and sweep Jets & Bills)

dolphins 4-12

Dolphins=7-9

Aqua4Ever04's 1st preidiction-Dolphins 11-5, 2nd prediction Dolphins 9-7

Fins 7-9

Dolphins 10-6(split with the pats)wildcard

Same thread Bills fans predictions-

Bills 8-8

Crisis only gave standings
Pats
Jets
Bills
Phins
I went as far as page 8 and that's all the Bills fans pridictions I saw.

So if anyone has been unrealistic about their team it's been the Phin fans.

Every year it's most, not all, phin fans shouting "Saban will win the SB for Miami" or "Pep the Probowler will take us deep into the playoffs", or "The R&R Express will dominate the league".

You said this, I didn't. Why are you telling me what I think? You keep saying "Bills fans think this, Bills fans think that..."? You can keep saying it over and over and it still wont make it true.

Ummm, Bill fans do think there team is better then it is and no matter how much you deny it, it's still true. Maybe you should have a talk with Bill fans and tell them to stop telling everyone how good their team is.
Again, why are you telling me what I said? I never said that in fact last year I said something like The Pats would go 13-3, Jets 10-6, Bills 8-8, Phins 3-13 and I think I said I may have given the phins a game or two.

I have always been realistic when it comes to talking football in here, always. So when you go telling me what I think or what I said please quote me, don't just make stuff up.

I said Bill fans...not you! And they were!

Here are Phin fans predictions about their team-
Quote:
Dolphins...9-7.....wildcard defense&RBs are tough

Dolphins: 7-9

Dolphins 10-6

Dolphins 9-7 or 10-6, depending on our qb

Dolphins 11-5 (Wild Card Winner)

Dolphins: 10-6 (I expect to split with the pats, and sweep Jets & Bills)

dolphins 4-12

Dolphins=7-9

Aqua4Ever04's 1st preidiction-Dolphins 11-5, 2nd prediction Dolphins 9-7

Fins 7-9

Dolphins 10-6(split with the pats)wildcard
Same thread Bills fans predictions-

Quote:
Bills 8-8

Crisis only gave standings
Pats
Jets
Bills
Phins

You know what I find interesting and quite humorous about that quote, is how selective it is. You went looking for a specific thing and then post it as if of all 10,000 posts on this subject last year based on this one. I think I could do a little research and find a handful of Dolphin posters who predicted an below avg. season for the fins and a handful of Bill fans that posted a playoff run and a division tittle for their team. So spear me your selective facts.

Every year it's most, not all, phin fans shouting "Saban will win the SB for Miami" or "Pep the Probowler will take us deep into the playoffs", or "The R&R Express will dominate the league".

So now you tell me what I said and what I think. I see, as with your selective posts you put yourself on this untouchable pedestal giving out orders and ruling the site. Is there any other rules you'd like to invent for everyone but Bill fans??

You really had to type that out?

Bill fans do think there team is better then it is and no matter how much you deny it, it's still true.

Better than the Phins? Without a doubt.

Upgraded and solidified some positions with depth? Absolutely.

It would be pretty hard to argue either.

I said Bill fans...not you!

I am a Bills fan, born in Buffalo, lived in Buffalo, Kenmore, and NT.

You know what I find interesting and quite humorous about that quote, is how selective it is. You went looking for a specific thing and then post it as if of all 10,000 posts on this subject last year based on this one.

It was selective, I selected a post about the subject. Click the link, the title of the post was "Guess the AFCE standings".

as with your selective posts you put yourself on this untouchable pedestal giving out orders and ruling the site.

If the pedestal is reality then no, you cannot touch me.

I'm flattered that you see me as an authority figure ruling this site and giving out orders, now do my dishes.

I think Miami has more growing pains to go through, I think we could be last in the division next year. I'm Ok with that because we have so much youth and inexperience. Both with the players and coaches.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom