Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

Really, what moves would they be, cause I'm not impressed given the amount of money the Bills are sitting on.

The only impressive thing the phins have done this offseason is convincing BP to join the organization.

Nothing else that the team has done has been spectacular. Yes people are saying that the phins have improved but they are the worst team in the entire NFL. They won a single game, just 1 game. 2 wins this season is doubling Miami's win total from last seaon, 2 wins would be an improvement. The phins could sign Ryan Leaf and it would be an improvement.

In keeping with the topic:
The Bills went 7-9 last season, not even .500. The Bills did add some need TALENT to the roster and with those additions and being a realist I can see the Bills topping out at 9-7.

Umm, where are the supporting facts or are you saying Donte Whitner sucked last year?

Jason Allen on 6 games less starting than Whitner had 2 more interceptions, 2 more pass defended, 55 solo tackles [62 total] on 9 games starting compared to Whitner 68 solo tackles [89 total], 1 pass defended and 1 interception in 15 games starting.

That of course, considering where Donte Whitner [8th overall] was drafted compared to Jason Allen [16th overall]. :rolleyes2:

Honestly, I don't know much about Allen's play since he's been in the league but I do believe he was part of a secondary that got beat for 4 tds against us. He did play that game right?

And stats is a bad way to judge a db. Whitner plays in the box alot. And our secondary had an undrafted free agent starting at free safety and cornerback. Whitner helped out both of those guys immensely. Plus the reason you don't get picks sometimes is because teams don't throw at you.

And if you really wanna do stats, Whitner has almost identical stats as Bob Sanders through their first 2 seasons.

Really, what moves would they be, cause I'm not impressed given the amount of money the Bills are sitting on.

Right because we all know spending the most money means how well you will do. :rolleyes:

Honestly, it's impossible to argue with you. You say the same thing about how terrible the Bills are every season and they end up having a better season than Miami. I get that you're a homer but you just can't argue without your biases taking over.

There's no one in the NFL who would compare Edwards to Beck. Edwards was miles ahead of Beck. Edwards beat a playoff team on the road. Edwards threw 4 tds in a game. Edwards had the Bills leading the Super Bowl champs in the 4ht quarter. Edwards has a winning record as a starter. So don't tell me they are comparable.

That doesn't mean Beck can't be a good QB. But he didn't have close to the impact Edwards has. Man up and take a bet for the upcoming season. Put up or shut. You game? :up:

Honestly, I don't know much about Allen's play since he's been in the league but I do believe he was part of a secondary that got beat for 4 tds against us. He did play that game right?

Isn't that the same game when Beck completed 1 pass for 6 yards, was sacked 3 times and then got pulled after he fumbled and the Bills picked it up and ran it into the endzone for a Touchdown?

Isn't that the same game when Beck completed 1 pass for 6 yards, was sacked 3 times and then got pulled after he fumbled and the Bills picked it up and ran it into the endzone for a Touchdown?

Are you trying to lead into something with this or are you just pointing out a bad game? My gut tells me it's the former.

Amazing how Bill fans try so hard to lift their players above everyone else's. Even though both QB's basically put up the same kinda numbers, Trent is of course better, cause Bill fans say so. Gotta love it. I guess you'll be a playoff team now, now that you have yet another superstar QB in the making, right?

FTP I believe you missed the whole 7 fumbles stat for Beck in 5 games not very good. Trent Edwards fumbled 4 times in 10 games losing none of them. You can't just put up passing yards and rating and expect that to the only basis of your argument, turnovers are arguably the most important part of any game. Beck turned the ball over more than in less games, telling me that Trent is a better quarterback.

And stats is a bad way to judge a db. Whitner plays in the box alot. And our secondary had an undrafted free agent starting at free safety and cornerback. Whitner helped out both of those guys immensely. Plus the reason you don't get picks sometimes is because teams don't throw at you.

And if you really wanna do stats, Whitner has almost identical stats as Bob Sanders through their first 2 seasons.
Right, and Jason Allen plays in a much more difficult defense than the Cover 2 that the Bills use.

So why do they have them?

And please, it's not like whitner is Asomugha or something, you're reaching right there

BTW where's the other bills fan who claimed that whitner "statistically outperforms" Huff?:rolleyes2:

The only impressive thing the phins have done this offseason is convincing BP to join the organization.

Nothing else that the team has done has been spectacular. Yes people are saying that the phins have improved but they are the worst team in the entire NFL. They won a single game, just 1 game. 2 wins this season is doubling Miami's win total from last seaon, 2 wins would be an improvement. The phins could sign Ryan Leaf and it would be an improvement.

In keeping with the topic:
The Bills went 7-9 last season, not even .500. The Bills did add some need TALENT to the roster and with those additions and being a realist I can see the Bills topping out at 9-7.

Right and spending the money and brining in players doesn't help your team either. I love how whatever the Bills do is the best thing they could do...according to you obviously. I don't think the Bills moves are that impressive because they could have done better but as usual don't. Then Bill fans as usual, spew nonsense before one game has been played.

It was the same last year. Bill fans were telling everyone right after their FA signings that they would now compete for the division and were a playoff team, sure.

Your biggest addition so far this year has done basically nothing the last two years, but of course since he's a Bill suddenly becomes this tremendous addition and the Bills are once again a playoff team who'll battle the Pats for the division. Where is all this blind faith coming from? You do realize your top FA addition has been injured and suspended for drug use the last two years, right?

As for the Dolphins, they are getting rid of lazy people who didn't have the desire to win. Nothing spectacular, but solid addition and BTW, Miami fans aren't telling everyone what a huge upgrade our FA's have made the Dolphins and how we will suddenly be a division contender, like Bill fans.

Miami in 2006 was a top 3 defense, last year the injuries took their toll. I dare you to find a team in the league that had more injuries to their starting unit then Miami who also had the schedule that we had. The difference in Buffalo in 07 and Miami, our biggest contributor to the loses was key injuries.

Right and spending the money and brining in players doesn't help your team either. I love how whatever the Bills do is the best thing they could do...according to you obviously. I don't think the Bills moves are that impressive because they could have done better but as usual don't. Then Bill fans as usual, spew nonsense before one game has been played.

It was the same last year. Bill fans were telling everyone right after their FA signings that they would now compete for the division and were a playoff team, sure.

Your biggest addition so far this year has done basically nothing the last two years, but of course since he's a Bill suddenly becomes this tremendous addition and the Bills are once again a playoff team who'll battle the Pats for the division. Where is all this blind faith coming from? You do realize your top FA addition has been injured and suspended for drug use the last two years, right?

As for the Dolphins, they are getting rid of lazy people who didn't have the desire to win. Nothing spectacular, but solid addition and BTW, Miami fans aren't telling everyone what a huge upgrade our FA's have made the Dolphins and how we will suddenly be a division contender, like Bill fans.

Miami in 2006 was a top 3 defense, last year the injuries took their toll. I dare you to find a team in the league that had more injuries to their starting unit then Miami who also had the schedule that we had. The difference in Buffalo in 07 and Miami, our biggest contributor to the loses was key injuries.

Miami fans can't tell anyone about huge upgrades in FA because the biggest upgrade in players you grabbed in FA are a fat drunken frat boy (only played in 9 games last year, an FTP reason why you must suck) who tends to run on at the mouth when he's drinking crown and a QB who would be a back up anywhere other than Miami.

Moving on.
Dare taken, Miami didn't have the most.

Start here:
http://www.nfl.com/injuries?week=1
Work your way through each week.

Moving on... again.
You are wrong. The biggest contributors to Miami's losses were a crappy O-line, a crappy coach, and a rookie QB who played like crap.

Other contributions include WH's going crazy with the checkbook and throwing money away on an AVERAGE LB in Porter instead of grabbing an O-Lineman*, trading Welker, Ted Ginn jr as your 1st overall pick/passing on Quinn...

*2007 FA O-Linemen

Max Starks RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals
Eric Steinbach UFA Cincinnati Bengals
Luke Petitgout, UFA, New York Giants
Jeremy Newberry, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Jordan Black, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Dwayne Carswell, UFA, Denver Broncos
Kris Dielman, UFA, San Diego
Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
Nat Dorsey, RFA, Cleveland Browns
Chris Gray, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Norm Katnik, RFA, New York Jets
Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Damion McIntosh, UFA, Miami Dolphins
Roman Oben, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Tony Pashos, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Brian Rimpf, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Todd Steussie, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Miami fans can't tell anyone about huge upgrades in FA because the biggest upgrade in players you grabbed in FA are a fat drunken frat boy (only played in 9 games last year, an FTP reason why you must suck) who tends to run on at the mouth when he's drinking crown and a QB who would be a back up anywhere other than Miami.

Don't get all bent out of shape, it's not me that signed a DT that hasn't done much of anything the last two years. It was your teams FO! Is it my fault he was injured much of 06 and suspended much of 07? No, is either of those facts wrong? No, was he your teams top FA addition so far? According to Bill fans YES!!! So don't go gettin' all whiny because I point out the facts and you don't like it. Just deal with it.

Miami has gone out and released players that were no longer in their future plans or didn't contribute in a positive way to the teams 07 season. They then add players that are versatile and bring a strong work ethic and winning attitude. Are any of their 11 signings superstars? No, but Miami is making changes because the changes are needed. The Bills release one or two players and add one or two or three players. Is that what the Bills need to get to the next level? No, they need to rebuild as well, just because the Bills are young doesn't make them good. They haven't been a good team in nearly a decade. Does the fact that Miami had a bad year in 07 change the fact that the Bills still suck?? No! So try focusing on what the Bills need and stop looking at what Miami is doing.

Moving on.
Dare taken, Miami didn't have the most.

Start here:
http://www.nfl.com/injuries?week=1
Work your way through each week.
Wow outstandingly worthless, you're on the ball.

Moving on... again.
You are wrong. The biggest contributors to Miami's losses were a crappy O-line, a crappy coach, and a rookie QB who played like crap.
And yet the Dolphins with all their injuries finished higher in nearly every statistical category then your beloved Bills. But the Bills are better! Sure!!

Other contributions include WH's going crazy with the checkbook and throwing money away on an AVERAGE LB in Porter instead of grabbing an O-Lineman*, trading Welker, Ted Ginn jr as your 1st overall pick/passing on Quinn...
Oh I see you'd rather have an owner who doesn't even try to make the team better because he loves his money more then winning. I love how you point to WH as if he's the reason Miami has had little success. May I remind you he has WS tittle with the Marlins and his Panthers were in the Stanley cup Finals in recent years?? I think he's had more then his share of success and his philosophy works just fine. On the other hand what's RW got? Oh I know, fans who still have nothing to talk about!

*2007 FA O-Linemen

Max Starks RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals
Eric Steinbach UFA Cincinnati Bengals
Jeremy Newberry, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Jordan Black, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Dwayne Carswell, UFA, Denver Broncos
Kris Dielman, UFA, San Diego
Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
Nat Dorsey, RFA, Cleveland Browns
Chris Gray, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Norm Katnik, RFA, New York Jets
Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Damion McIntosh, UFA, Miami Dolphins
Roman Oben, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Tony Pashos, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Brian Rimpf, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Todd Steussie, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
And again Miami still had a better rushing attack and passing game then the Bills! In 06 and 07. Your point is pointless.

Dude, you're just making up stuff. I, like most Bills fans, never said the Bills would make the playoffs. So stop making up stuff. I thought they would be improved. And if you consider they were 7-6 and with a big game at Cleveland, I guess the playoff predictions weren't really that far off.

Funny that you'll tout Randy Starks and an injuried Stroud had a better season than him. I'm sure no Fins fan would be excited to get a 3 time pro bowl defensive tackle. :rolleyes: And considering the Bills gave up jsut a 3rd and 5th, when they have an additional pick in each round, that's not that big of a price to pay. It's a risk but it's well worth it. But I'm sure you'd much rather have Starks. :up:

Miam ws 1-15 and the Bills were 7-9 with one of the youngest team in football. They had a look at the playoffs. I already have conceded the division and 2 losses to the Pats, but given that we play the Fins and Jets twice and the AFC/ NFC West, I definitely expect a playoff and/or winning season. There's no question about it. And Jauron knows that his job is on the line.

Right because the Bills didn't lose their starting MLB; their starting corner; their starting free safety; their starting WLB; and their top backup free safety (George Wilson who Beck hit for a touchdown); and their top 2 backup DEs. Yeah, you're right Miami was the only team with injuries. :rolleyes:

And you're nuts if you don't think that the Bills are miles ahead of the Fins. You haven't beat us in 3 years and lose a game 38-14 in which our rookie 3rd round QB threw 4tds and your rookie 2nd round QB (who you passed Quinn over for) got benched in the first half. Miles apart. :up:

This is true, most of the Fin fans on here have been low key when talking about there FA acquisitions so far this offseason. More then a few have even complemented the Jets on there moves so far.

Also true is how every season is going the be the Bills break out season. I remember these same Bills fans talking about how they were going to have one of the best offenses in the league this past season and how Lossman would ascend to an elite level. They know who they are so I won't name names.

In the interest of full disclosure, I myself thought the Jets would win 8-9 games last season and was obviously way off. It all just goes to show that fans can run there mouths all they want, and while it can make for fun discussion it doesn't amount to crap once the teams take the field.

Dude, you're just making up stuff. I, like most Bills fans, never said the Bills would make the playoffs. So stop making up stuff. I thought they would be improved. And if you consider they were 7-6 and with a big game at Cleveland, I guess the playoff predictions weren't really that far off.

Making stuff up? You obviously visit Bills sites, you're gonna tell me as with every off season Bill fans aren't talking playoffs yet again? Please stop, I know better. All Bill fans ever do is tell everyone else how their team will contend in the up coming season.

Funny that you'll tout Randy Starks and an injuried Stroud had a better season than him. I'm sure no Fins fan would be excited to get a 3 time pro bowl defensive tackle. :rolleyes: And considering the Bills gave up jsut a 3rd and 5th, when they have an additional pick in each round, that's not that big of a price to pay. It's a risk but it's well worth it. But I'm sure you'd much rather have Starks. :up:
I don't want Stroud, he's often injured and he's been suspended for steroid use. You act as if that is irrelevant. Well it's not, in fact it's quite serious. You also act as if Stroud made the pro bowl the last three years, he hasn't.
Why do Bill fans always think every player they sign is some huge achievement? He's ok, but it's been a while since he's been what you're hoping he will be. Your team didn't land the top DT in the NFL, just a player who's former team had seen enough and decided to move on.

And please show me where I said a word about Starks. I never said he was better or worse then Stroud. Satrks has the size BP looks for in a DL player and will probably be a third down option and add a nice rotation. Heck he may not even make the team. Talk about making stuff up, geesh.

Miam ws 1-15 and the Bills were 7-9 with one of the youngest team in football. They had a look at the playoffs. I already have conceded the division and 2 losses to the Pats, but given that we play the Fins and Jets twice and the AFC/ NFC West, I definitely expect a playoff and/or winning season. There's no question about it. And Jauron knows that his job is on the line.
The Bills hadf a look at the playoffs?....AT 7-9??? PLEASE!!! Your team has what? 2 wins in the last two years aginst teams with a winning record? What good is making the playoffs if you can't beat teams with a winning record? As for what the Dolphins were in 07, this isn't 07 anymore. No one has even made it to the draft yet rosters aren't set yet so how do you know what will be? You don't.

You expect a playoff or winning season? Ummm I'm sure you expected that in 06 and 07 and you're still waiting. Jauron? Good luck, he's had what, one winning season as a HC? With the Bears? Bill fans....funny stuff.

Right because the Bills didn't lose their starting MLB; their starting corner; their starting free safety; their starting WLB; and their top backup free safety (George Wilson who Beck hit for a touchdown); and their top 2 backup DEs. Yeah, you're right Miami was the only team with injuries. :rolleyes:

And you're nuts if you don't think that the Bills are miles ahead of the Fins. You haven't beat us in 3 years and lose a game 38-14 in which our rookie 3rd round QB threw 4tds and your rookie 2nd round QB (who you passed Quinn over for) got benched in the first half. Miles apart. :up:
I said Miami had the most "KEY INJURIES" combined with a tough schedule. And they did, the Bills lose what a Rookie LB? Big deal, Miami also had better statistics on offense and defense then the Bills and Miami did it with some really lackluster talent.

This leads me to your final comment. The Bills are miles ahead of the Dolphins? Then why didn't the Bills finish somewhere in the middle of the pack on offensive and defensive statistics? This is why I have such little respect for anything Bill fans say. You claim your team is miles ahead of the Dolphins, but everything the Bills did last year points to their being one of the worst teams in the league. How do you ignore those facts and then try to convince others your team is better then they are? What a frikin joke, those comments are, as are the Bills.

As if everything you write isn't full of bias and blind faith you also have a problem remembering what you write in the same post.

Example:

First you write,

"I, like most Bills fans, never said the Bills would make the playoffs."
Then you write,

"I definitely expect a playoff and/or winning season. There's no question about it."
Wow, great stuff:up:

This is true, most of the Fin fans on here have been low key when talking about there FA acquisitions so far this offseason. More then a few have even complemented the Jets on there moves so far.

Also true is how every season is going the be the Bills break out season. I remember these same Bills fans talking about how they were going to have one of the best offenses in the league this past season and how Lossman would ascend to an elite level. They know who they are so I won't name names.

In the interest of full disclosure, I myself thought the Jets would win 8-9 games last season and was obviously way off. It all just goes to show that fans can run there mouths all they want, and while it can make for fun discussion it doesn't amount to crap once the teams take the field.

We shouldn't be excited, we have no idea where we stand right now. It's neither good nor bad. I believe we still have a lot of talent on this team, but who knows how long it could take to come together. It could happen next year it could happen in three years. We just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom