Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

The truth is we, as Dolphins fans, have no room to talk in terms of our team. But that doesn't nullify our rights to ***** and analyize other teams and their problems. Just because our team isn't very good right now doesn't mean our points about your team are false. So enough with that "You guys were 1-15, NUFF SAID" crap because it holds no validity.

Now, I happen to think the Bills are on the upcome. You guys are going to be very pleased with Marcus Stroud and Kawika Mitchell. They will help your lack luster run defense this coming season and are definitely upgrades. I'm currently watching the Bills vs. Broncos game from last season and I am terrified of Marshawn Lynch. He's not as good as Ronnie Brown, but he's a damn good running back. Your offensive line is mamoth, that's the only way to describe it, that unit is solid.

The red flags I see with the Bills is their victories last year. Every year in the AFC East a team not named the Patriots pops up with an over rated winning streak. In 2005, it was the Dolphins who won 6 straight against less then worth opponents. In 2006, the Jets had no business being in the playoffs but got in with one of the worst offenses in football. Last year, the Bills eeked out a victory over the winless Dolphins in week 11 (I believe it was) and compiled 3 other wins against terrible Jets and Dolphins teams.

Trent Edwards isn't a game chaning quarterback at this level. He could be your Trent Dilfer care taker and I'm not saying he can't win you a Super Bowl, but he'll need a terrific team around him to do so.

With all that said, I think the Bills will be around .500 next year.

I feel really good about what the bills have done so far in the offseason. I will be really excited if they can draft a big receiver, my preference Limas Sweed.

If Malcolm Kelly is on the board and the Bills take a differernt receiver, I will laugh, a lot. Kelly is the far superior receiver in this draft and I'm none too happy about the prospect of him going to the Bills.

The truth is we, as Dolphins fans, have no room to talk in terms of our team. But that doesn't nullify our rights to ***** and analyize other teams and their problems. Just because our team isn't very good right now doesn't mean our points about your team are false. So enough with that "You guys were 1-15, NUFF SAID" crap because it holds no validity.

Now, I happen to think the Bills are on the upcome. You guys are going to be very pleased with Marcus Stroud and Kawika Mitchell. They will help your lack luster run defense this coming season and are definitely upgrades. I'm currently watching the Bills vs. Broncos game from last season and I am terrified of Marshawn Lynch. He's not as good as Ronnie Brown, but he's a damn good running back. Your offensive line is mamoth, that's the only way to describe it, that unit is solid.

The red flags I see with the Bills is their victories last year. Every year in the AFC East a team not named the Patriots pops up with an over rated winning streak. In 2005, it was the Dolphins who won 6 straight against less then worth opponents. In 2006, the Jets had no business being in the playoffs but got in with one of the worst offenses in football. Last year, the Bills eeked out a victory over the winless Dolphins in week 11 (I believe it was) and compiled 3 other wins against terrible Jets and Dolphins teams.

Trent Edwards isn't a game chaning quarterback at this level. He could be your Trent Dilfer care taker and I'm not saying he can't win you a Super Bowl, but he'll need a terrific team around him to do so.

With all that said, I think the Bills will be around .500 next year.

Vwery fair response. however, the part in bold makes no sense. Aren't you Fins fans pining your hopes on Beck? Well, Edwards was a 3rd round rookie and proven a hell of a lot more than Beck. But you guys aren't gonna give up on Beck are you? Point is, it's really silly to make any type of assumptions based on a player's rookie season.

Additionally (and I don't feel like digging through the stats again) but Edwards completed more 20 yard passes per pass attempt than Brady and Manning in their first years as starters. Of course it doesn't mean anything but it shows that Edwards may be more than a Dilfer type. Time will tell.

If Malcolm Kelly is on the board and the Bills take a differernt receiver, I will laugh, a lot. Kelly is the far superior receiver in this draft and I'm none too happy about the prospect of him going to the Bills.

I really hated the idea of taking a receiver in the first because I don't think that's how good teams are built, but with the moves the Bills made, I could live with Kelly. He's a beast and the best freestyler in the draft. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9RiitZEHxA

Vwery fair response. however, the part in bold makes no sense. Aren't you Fins fans pining your hopes on Beck? Well, Edwards was a 3rd round rookie and proven a hell of a lot more than Beck. But you guys aren't gonna give up on Beck are you? Point is, it's really silly to make any type of assumptions based on a player's rookie season.

Additionally (and I don't feel like digging through the stats again) but Edwards completed more 20 yard passes per pass attempt than Brady and Manning in their first years as starters. Of course it doesn't mean anything but it shows that Edwards may be more than a Dilfer type. Time will tell.

John Beck has nothing to do with that. But to answer, I think Beck will have a better career then Edwards. No quarterback would've succeeded in Miami last year, much less a rookie. Edwards was pampered a little last year and was put in position to methodically move the ball downfield with very little chance of making a mistake. That's why he had just 1 touchdown prior to playing our joke of a defense.

I do agree that it's senseless to base a player's future solely on a rookie season, fair point there.

I think Edwards will be a "good" starting quarterback for you guys for several years. But again, I don't ever see him being a great, nor do I think Beck will be etching his name in Canton.

John Beck has nothing to do with that. But to answer, I think Beck will have a better career then Edwards. No quarterback would've succeeded in Miami last year, much less a rookie. Edwards was pampered a little last year and was put in position to methodically move the ball downfield with very little chance of making a mistake. That's why he had just 1 touchdown prior to playing our joke of a defense.

I do agree that it's senseless to base a player's future solely on a rookie season, fair point there.

I think Edwards will be a "good" starting quarterback for you guys for several years. But again, I don't ever see him being a great, nor do I think Beck will be etching his name in Canton.

Again, fair response though I have no idea how you could say Beck will have a better career than Edwards. Our offense was worst than yours. Basically, if you double Lee Evans, we are screw. Josh Reed may be the worst #2 receiver in the league (though he is a solid #3) and our TEs suck. I really believe if we get an upgrade at this two positions, TE will really have a breakout year. Don't forget Brady (and trust me, I'm not at all saying Edwards will come close to him) was known as a checkdown QB during the early part of his career. I'd rather have a smart QB who gets the ball into his playmakers' hands than a guy with a rocket arm who jsut chucks it (Losman and Culpepper).

And you're right about him limiting his mistakes and litting up your d to pad his stats. But I will also point out that he had 2 first half tds against the Super Bowl champs and badly outplayed Manning before Jason Petters got injuried and a monsoon hit.

Again, fair response though I have no idea how you could say Beck will have a better career than Edwards. Our offense was worst than yours. Basically, if you double Lee Evans, we are screw. Josh Reed may be the worst #2 receiver in the league (though he is a solid #3) and our TEs suck. I really believe if we get an upgrade at this two positions, TE will really have a breakout year. Don't forget Brady (and trust me, I'm not at all saying Edwards will come close to him) was known as a checkdown QB during the early part of his career. I'd rather have a smart QB who gets the ball into his playmakers' hands than a guy with a rocket arm who jsut chucks it (Losman and Culpepper).

And you're right about him limiting his mistakes and litting up your d to pad his stats. But I will also point out that he had 2 first half tds against the Super Bowl champs and badly outplayed Manning before Jason Petters got injuried and a monsoon hit.

What receiver on our offense commanded that respect? When Beck came in, Chambers was gone, Ronnie and Chatman were banged up, Booker missed some time, Hagan dropped everything (as did Martin), and or offensive line was busy starting fights on the team plane with Keith Traylor.

I agree about the intelligent quarterback remark. I think Beck and Edwards both fit those bills. I'm one that thinks David Garrard is one of the NFL's best quarterbacks while Vince Young is hands down the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Hopefully it turns into a nice Kelly/Marino rivalry again.:up: Just as long as we're the ones winning the championships.

Edwards looked really good vs. Miami. He kept improving down the stretch of the season (minus that Cleveland game where no QB would look good) but I'm not ready to anoint his greatness yet. Like you said earlier, rookie years are hardly indicitive of what you'll see in a player's career. (See Drew Brees and Peyton Manning.)

Just because our team isn't very good right now doesn't mean our points about your team are false. So enough with that "You guys were 1-15, NUFF SAID" crap because it holds no validity.

True dat in bold. But not many of those points are realistic and some are just plain funny.

I do hope that Miami and Buffalo can find some young QB's that can renew the rivalry as well. Some of my fondest football memories are of hating your boy Dan. I used to love to hate him, I swear my wife had to break me from spitting at the TV when the isotoner comercials came on.

As far as the "You guys are 1-15" stuff you're just going to have to live with it because that is your current record. You can live with it for 1 offseason.

True dat in bold. But not many of those points are realistic and some are just plain funny.

I do hope that Miami and Buffalo can find some young QB's that can renew the rivalry as well. Some of my fondest football memories are of hating your boy Dan. I used to love to hate him, I swear my wife had to break me from spitting at the TV when the isotoner comercials came on.

As far as the "You guys are 1-15" stuff you're just going to have to live with it because that is your current record. You can live with it for 1 offseason.

The past 6 or 7 years has made the AFC East very boring. I too love the days of when there would be three teams battling for the division while the last place team remained competitive. Recently, it's just been a battle for 2nd while the Pats crush all opponents. I hate the Pats, Jets and Bills, but I'd rather see a competitive division. Hopefully Beck, Edwards and Clemens can be quality starting quarterbacks for a few years. But at this point, I'd love to see the Pats go 0-16 for the next 5 or 6 years.

It doesn't really bother me. It just irks me when I say something negative about the Bills, Jets or Pats, and one of those fans comes back with, "Like you have room to talk!" That's just dumb and is a sign of conceeding the argument. So when I read that, that's my interpertation.

It doesn't really bother me. It just irks me when I say something negative about the Bills, Jets or Pats, and one of those fans comes back with, "Like you have room to talk!" That's just dumb and is a sign of conceeding the argument. So when I read that, that's my interpertation.

LOL, Welcome to my world.

The conversations start out something like this:

Fan #1-
"Beck is going to have a hard time again this season unless you pick up a couple of big blocking TE's and maybe some more depth for the O-Line."

Fan #2-
"what do you know, 36 years ago we put together the only perfect season! Yea we rule!"

Fan #1-
"Yeah that was a great season the Phins had 36 years ago, the year I was born. Now let's see if we can talk about this season. The Bills made a few good FA moves and made a pretty good trade, all for need positions. On the other hand I'm pretty disappointed that we didn't get Troupe or McIntyre signed and it really worries me that Johnson hasn't inked a deal with Buffalo yet."

Fan #3-
"Troupe, Mc, ans Johnson must have heard about the 4 Superbowl losses Buffalo suffered back in the '90s. You will never sign any good players because of what happened 2 decades ago."

Fan #1-
"Yeah Miami has been making some great moves. Wanny, JJ, Saban, Cam, MM, Ricky, Fiedler, Feely, Porter, your entire O-Line last year, cutting Zach..."

Fan #2-
"Last year is in the past and has no bearing on this year. Zach is old and his time is past... Blah Blah Blah."

Fan #1-
"But you just brought up stuff from 36 years ago?"

Fan #3-
"Oh man, 36 years ago. That when the Phins had their perfect season... yadda yadda, blah blah..."

LOL I just had a 3 person arguement all by myself and I didn't win any of them. But you get what I mean right?

LOL, Welcome to my world.

The conversations start out something like this:

Fan #1-
"Beck is going to have a hard time again this season unless you pick up a couple of big blocking TE's and maybe some more depth for the O-Line."

Fan #2-
"what do you know, 36 years ago we put together the only perfect season! Yea we rule!"

Fan #1-
"Yeah that was a great season the Phins had 36 years ago, the year I was born. Now let's see if we can talk about this season. The Bills made a few good FA moves and made a pretty good trade, all for need positions. On the other hand I'm pretty disappointed that we didn't get Troupe or McIntyre signed and it really worries me that Johnson hasn't inked a deal with Buffalo yet."

Fan #3-
"Troupe, Mc, ans Johnson must have heard about the 4 Superbowl losses Buffalo suffered back in the '90s. You will never sign any good players because of what happened 2 decades ago."

Fan #1-
"Yeah Miami has been making some great moves. Wanny, JJ, Saban, Cam, MM, Ricky, Fiedler, Feely, Porter, your entire O-Line last year, cutting Zach..."

Fan #2-
"Last year is in the past and has no bearing on this year. Zach is old and his time is past... Blah Blah Blah."

Fan #1-
"But you just brought up stuff from 36 years ago?"

Fan #3-
"Oh man, 36 years ago. That when the Phins had their perfect season... yadda yadda, blah blah..."

LOL I just had a 3 person arguement all by myself and I didn't win any of them. But you get what I mean right?
So true Monkey

Back
Top Bottom