Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

Vwery fair response. however, the part in bold makes no sense. Aren't you Fins fans pining your hopes on Beck? Well, Edwards was a 3rd round rookie and proven a hell of a lot more than Beck. But you guys aren't gonna give up on Beck are you? Point is, it's really silly to make any type of assumptions based on a player's rookie season.

Additionally (and I don't feel like digging through the stats again) but Edwards completed more 20 yard passes per pass attempt than Brady and Manning in their first years as starters. Of course it doesn't mean anything but it shows that Edwards may be more than a Dilfer type. Time will tell.

Typical Bill fan opinion. Everything the Bills do is always better when their telling the story. What has Edwards proven? That he can be pulled from a game and be replaced by JP Losman? That he can have avg. stats? That he can't play well in cold weather, not a good sign for a QB in Buffalo? Funny how others see the whole picture.

Lets see:

John Beck:

G/GS- 5/4

TD's- 1

INT's- 3

passing yards- 559

completion pct.- 56.1

QB rating- 62.0

Trent Edwards:

G/GS- 10/9

TD's- 7

INT's- 8

passing yards- 1630

completion pct.- 56.1

QB rating- 70.4

This exactly what I mean by "typical Bill fan opinion", there is so little to go off of on either players stats, but as usual Bill fans consider that a "hell of a lot more proven"! As usual it's a laughable opinion. Trent only had one game where he threw more TD's then INT's. Different situations, different circumstances, different teams, different philosophies. But of course Trent's numbers are superior!!

BTW, Ronnie Brown was out for 10 games last year, just curious...do you think his presence would have helped Beck at all? Can't wait for this response. Oh and before you respond, Ronnie was leading the league in total yards from the LOS when he was injured, I'd say he was playing rather well when he went down!!

I'd say he was playing rather well when he went down!!
He plays well every year until he goes down.

Edwards in the pocket is cool customer, he never looks rattled, he goes through his checkdowns and looked confident.

Beck was a mess most of the time. 7 fumbles in 5 incomplete games. Most of the time he looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown.

He plays well every year until he goes down.

Edwards in the pocket is cool customer, he never looks rattled, he goes through his checkdowns and looked confident.

Beck was a mess most of the time. 7 fumbles in 5 incomplete games. Most of the time he looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown.

Amazing how Bill fans try so hard to lift their players above everyone else's. Even though both QB's basically put up the same kinda numbers, Trent is of course better, cause Bill fans say so. Gotta love it. I guess you'll be a playoff team now, now that you have yet another superstar QB in the making, right?

Amazing how Bill fans try so hard to lift their players above everyone else's. Even though both QB's basically put up the same kinda numbers, Trent is of course better, cause Bill fans say so. Gotta love it. I guess you'll be a playoff team now, now that you have yet another superstar QB in the making, right?

Not because Bills fans say so but because anybody that watched the 2 QB's play this season says so.

Are you saying that Beck looked confident behind center? Trent did.

Looked calm and collected in the pocket? Trent did.

Went through his checkdowns? Trent did.

Threw with a purpose and not just trying to get rid of the ball? Trent did.

Beck was also yanked from games he started because of poor play.

I'm not saying that Edwards is the next Brady or Manning. What I am saying is that he was the better QB last season when it came down to Trent and Beck.

you have yet another superstar QB in the making

You said it, not me.

You're missing the point, us Dolphins fans don't consider Jason a stud based on those numbers. Bill fans do with Ko! It's the point of the overall thread, Bill fans see a glimmer and run with it based on little to nothing. They do this with every coach, player and team. Ko isn't a pro bowler but to listen to Bill fans he is. Enough already, let them become what you want them to be, before you blow air up their skirts.

I really don't think you should be generalizing. Especially since it's a known fact that hardly any finfan agree with your posts. So i don't think you should be saying bills fans or "us Dolphin fans"

I really don't think you should be generalizing. Especially since it's a known fact that hardly any finfan agree with your posts. So i don't think you should be saying bills fans or "us Dolphin fans"

Oh yeah you must have proof somewhere. Cause I sure can prove not many Bill fans give you an ounce of credit, and for good reason.

I'll say it. He sucks especially if you take into consideration where he was drafted.
Umm, where are the supporting facts or are you saying Donte Whitner sucked last year?

Jason Allen on 6 games less starting than Whitner had 2 more interceptions, 2 more pass defended, 55 solo tackles [62 total] on 9 games starting compared to Whitner 68 solo tackles [89 total], 1 pass defended and 1 interception in 15 games starting.

That of course, considering where Donte Whitner [8th overall] was drafted compared to Jason Allen [16th overall]. :rolleyes2:

Umm, where are the supporting facts or are you saying Donte Whitner sucked last year?

Jason Allen on almost half as many games starting than Whitner had 2 more interceptions, 2 more pass defended, 55 solo tackles [62 total] on 9 games starting compared to Whitner 68 solo tackles [89 total], 1 pass defended and 1 interception in 15 games starting.

That of course, considering where Donte Whitner [8th overall] was drafted compared to Jason Allen [16th overall]. :rolleyes2:

Yeah see when trying to talk football with Justabillfan, understand his team is always better....no matter what.

Well the bills made some moves and are looking good before the draft. When the draft is over the team will look even better. I'm confident they will draft well.

Really, what moves would they be, cause I'm not impressed given the amount of money the Bills are sitting on.

Yeah see when trying to talk football with Justabillfan, understand his team is always better....no matter what.

No that is you.

The phins went 1-15 last season so to be honest everybody's team is better than yours.

Back
Top Bottom