Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

Really? Many here consider Jason Allen a bust, here are his numbers: 2007 for Allen 2006 for Simpson since Simpson did nothing in 07!

Jason Allen, 07'

G: 16

GS: 9

TKLS: 62

Sacks: 0

INT's: 3

Ko Simpson, 06'

G: 16

GS: 15

TKLS: 76

Sacks: 1

INT's: 2

You say " Whitner is and will be a force in this league... a top notch safety." Since Allens numbers are basically the same shall we believe that same of him? Cause many Dolphin fans seem un-impressed with Allens numbers to this point, but you label Ko a future stud? A little homer love fest? Absolutely!!!!
Ko was a 4th round draft pic and Allen was a 1st rounder. Thats why people are on Allen. More is expected sooner out of a 1st rounder.

Look, we know you guys are riding high after your "good" (by Bills fan standards) season last year. Even though it didn't end up with a playoff birth, and 4 of your 7 wins came against the Jets and Fins who both scored more points last season while undergoing big changes on the offensive side of the ball, and you got woefully embarrassed by the Pats, and blew that game on MNF, etc..

The Bills aren't a lock for anything next season.
And we didn't undergo any changes on the offensive side of the ball? We started a rookie Qb and RB!

I think most fans are unimpressed with his ability to tackle and that he constantly gets beat deep. Whitner on the other hand almost always tackles the guy he hits and rarely gets caught out of position.

Yet their numbers are identical, I guess the difference is KO is a Bill and Jason is a Dolphin or maybe it's because Dolphin fans don't think every young player on their teams roster roster is a stud in the making. It seems to me no matter what anyone says about a Bill player team or coach, Bill fans have "one" stat that they use to separate the avg. from the outstanding.

You do notice you consider Ko an outstanding young prospect simply because you theorize he has slightly more ability to tackle then Jason? And I find it odd that the Bills players, coaches or teams always seem to be on the upside of every comparison when a Bill fan is speaking. If not, just read your last two post where you clearly think Ko is the better player even though his stats hardly support that opinion.

You mean the same Donte Whitner who statistically outperforms Michael Huff every year since being drafted?

p.s. Michael Huff went before him in the draft.

Statistically Whitner isn't far off from Bob Sanders... a few less tackles... sacks is where Sanders looks much better than Whitner.... but the Bills don't blitz the safeties. He has the same amount of turnovers as Sanders.

Whitner is and will be a force in this league... a top notch safety.

He had a decent year last year and he had to pick up the slack from Jimmy Leonhard.

You mean the same Michael Huff who is on the TRADING BLOCK? That Michael Huff?

And LMAO @ "whitner is and will be a force in this league", Jason Allen who has much less playing time has already more int's than him

And we didn't undergo any changes on the offensive side of the ball? We started a rookie Qb and RB!

And the teams overall statistics support the fact, but according to Bill fans their nearly last place offense should be feared in the 2008 season. Because their young rookies will not be rookies anymore. Only in Buffalo.

You mean the same Michael Huff who is on the TRADING BLOCK? That Michael Huff?

And LMAO @ "whitner is and will be a force in this league", Jason Allen who has much less playing time has already more int's than him
Right... your point was that the Bills took Donte too high... I'm arguing that he outplays another safety taken higher in the exact same draft! Thank you for helping my point... you rock!

How so? More is expected out of a 1st round pick. There is less patience for a guy like Allen.

How so? Because it doesn't matter where you're drafted it matters where you play. Just because you have first round talent doesn't mean the system you play in, fits you best. Plus the fact that there are many players through the history of the NFL that are are sleepers and busts. Remember the draft is a projection, not a fact. There is also less expectation and pressure on a 4th round player then there is on a 1st. I think your view of this situation is typical for Bill fans. You only see what you want, to prove your point. There is far more that goes into a players success then where he's drafted.

and you guys are the ones making the comparison. I never mentioned Jason Allen... I never said he was a bad player! What I said was that Donte is a good player, he is a solid tackler and rarely gets caught out of position. If Allen has comparable stats, the he is probably going to be a great safety too.

not to mention they are comparing Allen's second season against Ko's first season!

Hmmmm, do you have proof Ko's second season would have been better? No! But it's yet another example of Bill fans putting the cart before the horse.

How so? Because it doesn't matter where you're drafted it matters where you play. Just because you have first round talent doesn't mean the system you play in, fits you best. Plus the fact that there are many players through the history of the NFL that are are sleepers and busts. Remember the draft is a projection, not a fact. There is also less expectation and pressure on a 4th round player then there is on a 1st. I think your view of this situation is typical for Bill fans. You only see what you want, to prove your point. There is far more that goes into a players success then where he's drafted.
Your clearly not listening to him and your arguments are weak. What he is saying is that FANS expect more out of a guy that is drafted in the first round. That is why your fans aren't to fond of Will Allen, while our fans can be fond of Ko Simpson because he was drafted in the 4th round and not expected to start, but when he did he had a decent season... less was expected but when he produced it was a pleasant surprise... more is expected of Will Allen and if he doesn't produce... like you know, not even starting one game his rookie year, fans will get upset.

Hmmmm, do you have proof Ko's second season would have been better? No! But it's yet another example of Bill fans putting the cart before the horse.
Did I say it would have been better? Most of the time it is because players get acclimated to the speed of the game, get comfortable with the system they are in and gel with players around them... you know this.

Right... your point was that the Bills took Donte too high... I'm arguing that he outplays another safety taken higher in the exact same draft! Thank you for helping my point... you rock!

1 spot higher, and that player is on the trading block right now. And I'm not too sure about outplaying him

Huff:

Tackles: 138
SFTY: 1
PDef: 12
Int: 1

Whitner:

Tackles: 135
SFTY: 0
Pdef: 5
Int: 2

Please explain how is that outplaying him?

You're welcome

Back
Top Bottom