West Virginia @ UConn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

West Virginia @ UConn

nyjunc said:
I don't think that's going to happen, I think even if one of them goes unbeaten that a 1 loss team from one of the bigger conf's will get the #2 slot in the BCS.

great. even better for the Big East team. Then the Big East team can get a lesser opponent in a bowl game. Win that one. Then be alive for the 5th and final BCS game a week later!!

MikeO said:
great. even better for the Big East team. Then the Big East team can get a lesser opponent in a bowl game. Win that one. Then be alive for the 5th and final BCS game a week later!!

It's changed this year? either way a BE team will not be competing for the title, Louisville or WVu would get hammered by the top teams.

AirFishOne said:
:fire: this makes me sick!!! Slaton above AD in the Heisman race...idc if he is hurt its the principle :fire:
i had slaton over peterson before the injury. :)

a healthy L'ville team could compete. They have a pro style offense. Even without Bush, if their QB is healthy they have the right coaches to prepare them and enough talent to compete. They might not win, but they woudn't get destroyed as some would think.

Either would WV probably. Everyone said Georgia IN Georgia would kill them last year and WV jumped otu to like a 4 TD lead and beat them in their home esentially.

Neither team might beat an OSU or Mich.......but the games wouldn't be blow outs

MikeO said:

I think you're misunderstanding how the 5th game works. The winners of others bowls arent playing in that game to my knowledge. I thought they just added another game so more teams can play in the BCS. So it isnt like 1 vs 2 play 3 vs 4 play and the winners of those game play in the 5th bcs bowl. I could be wrong, or misunderstandin what you're saying.

I think slaton is a better player before injury also, he just gets so much speed and no wasted motion, he's able to bounce it outside for a huge gain

This boy is the real deal, i say heisman next year if not this year

DonShula84 said:
I think you're misunderstanding how the 5th game works. The winners of others bowls arent playing in that game to my knowledge. I thought they just added another game so more teams can play in the BCS. So it isnt like 1 vs 2 play 3 vs 4 play and the winners of those game play in the 5th bcs bowl. I could be wrong, or misunderstandin what you're saying.

you may be right. The way I understood it was that its a game the week after the other bowls.

You are right. http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/

It's gonna be weird though to have 4 BCS bowl games. Then wait 5 days and have the final game.....

(not to mention 2 garbage bowls inbetween the last of the 4 BCS bowls and that final game)

MikeO said:
You are right. http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/

It's gonna be weird though to have 4 BCS bowl games. Then wait 5 days and have the final game.....

(not to mention 2 garbage bowls inbetween the last of the 4 BCS bowls and that final game)

Yeah, the way you were saying is how it should be imo but I think they just wanted to give more teams and conferences a chance at a bcs game

WestVirginiaFan said:
I think slaton is a better player before injury also, he just gets so much speed and no wasted motion, he's able to bounce it outside for a huge gain

This boy is the real deal, i say heisman next year if not this year

If AD played in the Big Least for West Virginia he would have almost 1500 yards alrdy and ppl wouldnt even know who Steve Slaton is

If AD played in the Big Least for West Virginia he would have almost 1500 yards alrdy and ppl wouldnt even know who Steve Slaton is

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

AirFishOne said:

Why bash on a team you have no idea about. You are a Oklahoma fan as I have seen your posts here alot. I have nothing against Oklahoma or the Big12 for that matter but please..... Like the Big12 is a monster powerhouse over the BigEast. Look what Slaton did against Georgia when most folks said that the speed on UGA was too much for WVU. It seems Slaton proved those folks wrong.

AP is a top RB in the NCAA and will probably be a 1st round pick next year in the NFL. If hating on Slaton makes you feel better then I guess you are free to do so. Everyone else in the country though knows what a good back Slaton is and especially in the college game. His speed and great footwork put up big numbers for WVU. He also is very good at holding on to the football, 0 fumbles in his NCAA career in 356 carries. He has put up 26 TDs as well in rushing and chips in 2 receiving. This is in 16 games from last year to this year.

Slaton is a Stud stop hating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirFishOne

Why bash on a team you have no idea about. You are a Oklahoma fan as I have seen your posts here alot. I have nothing against Oklahoma or the Big12 for that matter but please..... Like the Big12 is a monster powerhouse over the BigEast. Look what Slaton did against Georgia when most folks said that the speed on UGA was too much for WVU. It seems Slaton proved those folks wrong.

AP is a top RB in the NCAA and will probably be a 1st round pick next year in the NFL. If hating on Slaton makes you feel better then I guess you are free to do so. Everyone else in the country though knows what a good back Slaton is and especially in the college game. His speed and great footwork put up big numbers for WVU. He also is very good at holding on to the football, 0 fumbles in his NCAA career in 356 carries. He has put up 26 TDs as well in rushing and chips in 2 receiving. This is in 16 games from last year to this year.

Slaton is a Stud stop hating.

SOMEBODY JUST GOT

clear.gif

It's hard to argue against Peterson. Slaton is a stud, and his speed is sick, but I'd take Peterson on my team if given the option. That isnt really a knock on Slaton, it's more of an acknowledgment of how good Peterson is.

And I think Slaton being a sophmore will hurt him in the Heisman voting, I could be wrong, but he'll be a pre season favorite for it next season.

Back
Top Bottom