We've Got To Stop Bringing In Flakes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We've Got To Stop Bringing In Flakes

iceblizzard69 said:
What does Boston's "baggage" have to do with anything? He came in and worked his *** off. He got hurt. It's not his fault. Bringing him in was an excellent decision, but sadly, he blew out his knee and won't be able to play.
It was his fault for using roids.

BSQX4 said:
Patriot God, thank you for a well thought out response. My own fellow fin fans wanted to attack me but they know I'm right. There is a very sour mood about the team and I understand that very well because so am I. I agree with every word you said. It's a bright, inventive front office, top Coaching and the team concept that will work in todays era of spoiled selfish athletes who put themselves over their team. Bring in character guys. How many times must we get burned? Not too many more, I hope.
It is an uphill battle....as some of your less enlightened fellow fans clearly demonstrate, but it is worth it. When you have a team of leaders things just take care of themselves. Business is business and the focus is on football. No distractions. I'm not saying that you will win a championship every year, but you don't take yourself out of the game.

PatriotGOD said:
You missed the point. There is probably an opening for you in the Miami front office. Not choir boys or players that have never done anything wrong, but UNSELFISH players who set their egos aside, show up when they are expected, don't let their teammates down, and above all else, are receptive to coaching. They pick players who are brighter than average and demonstrate leadership and maturity, players with a coaches mentality. To be a Patriot you have to follow the game plan explicitly. That means sometimes accepting a diminished role and always accepting a changing one. It means they want players who buy into the system. Those that don't get shipped out (see Tebuckey Jones). It isn't perfect (see Ty Law), and they aren't expected to be perfect on and off the field, but they are expected to accept responsibility like mature adults and not whining children.

Contrary to what you say, they have zero tolerance for legal problems off the field and will cut a player for so much as a DUI. One starting lineman, Kenyatta Jones, was cut last year after he was charged with assaulting his housemate with scalding water. To prove my point -- that the league is infinitely more tolerant of this behavior than the Pats -- he was picked up by the Redskins almost immediately, and several other teams tried to sign him. (If I remember correctly, Miami was one of them....?) Fortunately for New England and their fans, there are legions of people like you who continue not to get it. Success is ensured. :shakeno: :up:

Wow talk about a guy that drank the Pats punch! Are you brain washed or what! You said they don't tolerate off field touble? What happen to TY in South Beach? He didn't get cut for that! Not to mention all the whinning he did in the papers and on ESPN about how coach bill lied to him and saying how he was out for himself! The only reason Ty is in camp this year is because Bill wasn't going to just let him get what he wanted by cutting/trading him and that Ty loves MONEY more than anything else and wasn't going to sit out and lose all that money! Some one asked him if he would show up to training camp, after saying in another interview that he would NEVER play for the Pat's again, he said of course he would because he gets a million just for showing up! Now if that's not a selfish player I don't know what is! Don't sit there all high and mighty because your team has won 2 SB's! They have a great team and coaching staff, but they have some of the same type of players on that team that every other team in this league does! If you want to talk about selfish whinny players look no further than you starting RB! That guy is one of the biggest premadonas in the league! For such a model citizen I seem to recall some issues he had last year about getting into a "car accident" like 20 minutes before a game! That guy has a lot of baggage and the Pat's jumped all over him! Now he may work out and turn himself around, but seems to me even the All Mighty Pat's take chances on guys just like every other team looking to get any advantage or upgrade!

PatriotGod, you are just protecting your team, which is fine. As for Harrison, look up what current NFL player leads the league in fines for dirty hits and let me know the answer. Yes, it is Harrison. He is dirty, just face it. He may be effective, but he is dirty. Like many Pats fans you think that you have a secret formula because you won 2 Superbowls. Did Denver have a secret formula a few years back? It's just a matter of having a good team and getting breaks along the way. The real annoying thing about Pats fans is that they think their team is above everyone else on and off the field. Give me a break. Things can change real quick in the NFL. You had better be ready.

Both sides make valid points and there is much room for debate but my point is that Boston was likely to implode in some way and now he did. My favorite team is in trouble for offensive talent and I couldn't be more upset about it.Feeley is slow developing and Rickys bolted were thin at O-Line. We even lost Chris Atkins who was going to play some Safety and be a Special Team Star. He made 22 ST tackles for the Pats last year and he's lost for the season. But, I still believe in my team I just wish some good things would happen for us.

David Boston getting hurt in training camp is not because he's a "flake", guys get hurt all the time, RW quiting to smoke weed is not on management either, Noone knew Ricky was going to retire before the season, and it's interesting that Cedric Benson has been talked about, but he's a "headcase" also who i believe is spending 9 days in jail, the rb to take in the draft is carnell williams from auburn. I've read alot of articles on D-Boston including the one in last years ESPN which several people said they'd be surprised if he lasted until he was 30, but he's still only 25, so he misses the season which will hurt the offense but other teams are going to lose players, while none may lose 2 the caliber of ricky and boston, they will have to adapt and overcome, i personally don't like to see anybody get hurt, but atleast it gives the offense some time to work without boston. Anyways, trading O-Gun for a WR or RB would be stupid, let's resign him and let our defense win us as many games as possible, I don't remember our O winning us many games last season anyways, and a last point, It took Hasselback sometime in Seattle to get things going, so let's give AJ sometime and not expect too much from this kid right away, he's without his number 2 wr and the best rb in the league.

PatriotGOD said:
You missed the point. There is probably an opening for you in the Miami front office. Not choir boys or players that have never done anything wrong, but UNSELFISH players who set their egos aside, show up when they are expected, don't let their teammates down, and above all else, are receptive to coaching. They pick players who are brighter than average and demonstrate leadership and maturity, players with a coaches mentality. To be a Patriot you have to follow the game plan explicitly. That means sometimes accepting a diminished role and always accepting a changing one. It means they want players who buy into the system. Those that don't get shipped out (see Tebuckey Jones). It isn't perfect (see Ty Law), and they aren't expected to be perfect on and off the field, but they are expected to accept responsibility like mature adults and not whining children.

Contrary to what you say, they have zero tolerance for legal problems off the field and will cut a player for so much as a DUI. One starting lineman, Kenyatta Jones, was cut last year after he was charged with assaulting his housemate with scalding water. To prove my point -- that the league is infinitely more tolerant of this behavior than the Pats -- he was picked up by the Redskins almost immediately, and several other teams tried to sign him. (If I remember correctly, Miami was one of them....?) Fortunately for New England and their fans, there are legions of people like you who continue not to get it. Success is ensured. :shakeno: :up:
Two words. Darryl Gardener. Miami cut him because of character issues and he was immediately picked up by denver. That doesnt mean Miami is a step above all other teams in signing and drafting good character guys. And Kenyatta Jones wasnt a good player. Ty Law has been arrested twice and complained about his contract and callled out his coach. Doesnt sound like a guy with great character who puts his team first. So why do the pats keep him? Hmmm let me think. Oh yea because he can play.

shalafi3455 said:
Wow talk about a guy that drank the Pats punch! Are you brain washed or what! You said they don't tolerate off field touble? What happen to TY in South Beach? He didn't get cut for that! Not to mention all the whinning he did in the papers and on ESPN about how coach bill lied to him and saying how he was out for himself! The only reason Ty is in camp this year is because Bill wasn't going to just let him get what he wanted by cutting/trading him and that Ty loves MONEY more than anything else and wasn't going to sit out and lose all that money! Some one asked him if he would show up to training camp, after saying in another interview that he would NEVER play for the Pat's again, he said of course he would because he gets a million just for showing up! Now if that's not a selfish player I don't know what is! Don't sit there all high and mighty because your team has won 2 SB's! They have a great team and coaching staff, but they have some of the same type of players on that team that every other team in this league does! If you want to talk about selfish whinny players look no further than you starting RB! That guy is one of the biggest premadonas in the league! For such a model citizen I seem to recall some issues he had last year about getting into a "car accident" like 20 minutes before a game! That guy has a lot of baggage and the Pat's jumped all over him! Now he may work out and turn himself around, but seems to me even the All Mighty Pat's take chances on guys just like every other team looking to get any advantage or upgrade!
The team is built on high-character players. The decided to take a chance on Corey Dillon, and until you know differently, you just make yourself look like an ignorant pessimist by assuming that he won't work out. Try understanding his past behavior from some perspective other than the one spun by ESPN and Fox Sports. They get paid to beat a dead horse. Would you have wanted to finish 4-12 in a year where you put up career rushing yardage? Would you have been happy with a team that was happy with a 4-12 record? I wouldn't. Has he caused a problem in New England YET? Where is the problem?

Didn't I mention "Ty Law" as an exception to the "no distractions, all business" approach to football? Ty's problems were ALL about the money and NOTHING more. He has put it behind him and so has the team. Ty is a professional with too much pride to put a bad product bearing his name out on the field. Ty will play and play well, Belichick knows it and obviously you don't. Where's the problem?

I don't BUY their program, they buy mine. I wouldn't stand for the behavior of some of these spoiled prima donnas, and I happen to be glad they agree. Your examples of disruption in the Patriot ranks are, at this point in time, entirely irrelevant and non-existent as problems go.

Sounds to me like you could use a glass or two of punch. Maybe you should follow golf instead.

BSQX4 said:
Both sides make valid points and there is much room for debate but my point is that Boston was likely to implode in some way and now he did. My favorite team is in trouble for offensive talent and I couldn't be more upset about it.Feeley is slow developing and Rickys bolted were thin at O-Line. We even lost Chris Atkins who was going to play some Safety and be a Special Team Star. He made 22 ST tackles for the Pats last year and he's lost for the season. But, I still believe in my team I just wish some good things would happen for us.
Boston didnt implode he got hurt. There is a difference, Ricky imploded. Boston has never tested positive for steroids so we vant blame that for him getting hurt. Sorry but there is no way management could have seen this coming.

PatriotGOD said:
The team is built on high-character players. The decided to take a chance on Corey Dillon, and until you know differently, you just make yourself look like an ignorant pessimist by assuming that he won't work out. Try understanding his past behavior from some perspective other than the one spun by ESPN and Fox Sports. They get paid to beat a dead horse. Would you have wanted to finish 4-12 in a year where you put up career rushing yardage? Would you have been happy with a team that was happy with a 4-12 record? I wouldn't. Has he caused a problem in New England YET? Where is the problem?

Didn't I mention "Ty Law" as an exception to the "no distractions, all business" approach to football? Ty's problems were ALL about the money and NOTHING more. He has put it behind him and so has the team. Ty is a professional with too much pride to put a bad product bearing his name out on the field. Ty will play and play well, Belichick knows it and obviously you don't. Where's the problem?

I don't BUY their program, they buy mine. I wouldn't stand for the behavior of some of these spoiled prima donnas, and I happen to be glad they agree. Your examples of disruption in the Patriot ranks are, at this point in time, entirely irrelevant and non-existent as problems go.

Sounds to me like you could use a glass or two of punch. Maybe you should follow golf instead.
Corey Dillon was complaining last year about not getting carries on a WINNING team. The Bengals were not 4-12 last year so I guess you look ignorant. And it was Dillon himself who chose to sign with the Bengals as a free agent. He could have bolted Cincy like Takeo Spikes. I remember he could have even come here. You say the Pats took a chance on Dillon. Well the dolphins took a chance on David Boston. Lets see Miami gave a 6th round pick and a player they were going to cut for a reciever with more upside than Dillon and the Pats gave up a 2nd round pick for him.
Ty's problems were all about money really so I guess he was selling the ecstasy that he had on him when he got arrested a couple of years ago. And I guess his summer track meet in Miami Beach was to raise a couple of bucks. You seem to gloss over the problems of the Pats players. Maybe he could use a glass punch but it seems like you drank the whole bowl.

BSQX4 said:
Patriot God, thank you for a well thought out response. My own fellow fin fans wanted to attack me but they know I'm right. There is a very sour mood about the team and I understand that very well because so am I. I agree with every word you said. It's a bright, inventive front office, top Coaching and the team concept that will work in todays era of spoiled selfish athletes who put themselves over their team. Bring in character guys. How many times must we get burned? Not too many more, I hope.
I like how you paint any fin fan who disagrees with you as simply mad because Boston got hurt and our season is looking bleaker by the day. You say we shouldnt have taken a chance on Boston because he was "wierd" so I guess we should not take a chance on any players who are different from others. Dan Marino, Ray Lewis, and Warren Sapp were all said to have character issues at some point in their careers.

The Patriots are built on character. I think they are the only team in the east built on character also, they took a chance on Dillon and if he is a complete failure, so what, you're still basically the same team that won the SB, now if Ty Law is detrimental to the the pats, do i think they'll get rid of him? No, he's not Lawyer Milloy who is washed up. To build with character players is a good thing, but lets not forget the Patriots have the best coaching staff in the league by far, i will go as far as saying Weis and Crommel would probably be a better coach than atleast crapstedt and mularky, but who knows, what NE did is really unthinkable in the league, but they do sign big name FA's which alot of people underestimate, I know the thinking is New England gets players who fit there scheme, and that is correct, but even though he missed most of last year R. Colvin would fit 99% of the schemes of teams, and Corey Dillon might be the best Rb in the AFC East now.

Well i am not saying it is gonna happen but if the Pats have a bad year it will be fun for us to watch. I think they have it comming sooner or later they will get served and i for one will celebrate.

PatriotGOD said:

Dude you obvousely missed the whole point! You say Dillion hasn't had any problems yet, well genious the season hasn't even started yet! If you read I never said he was having problems now! I said he may work out who knows but the whole point was that you made it sound like the Pat's just don't take guys with past problems or that they don't stand for guys causing riffs on the team now! They just cut them if they do! The examples that I gave was just showing the they take guys just like every other team in the league! Just because a guy had a problem and didn't work out on an other team oesn't mean he can't go somewhere else and fit in with that team and be very happy and not have any more problems! Change of teams can be good for any play or bad at the same time! Just don't sit there and make it sound like the Pat's don't take those guys because they do!

As for Ty the only reason he has "put the Problem behind him" is because he loves money more than trying to prove a point so that's why he is playing! If you think this thing won't come up again next off season then you don't know much about football! I believe the Pats have the best chance of any team to win back to back SB since the Broncos! But every team has issues/players they have problems with of some kind and that inclused the Pat's! That's all I was trying to say! Good luck to your team!

Back
Top Bottom