Whaddya think? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whaddya think?

In my humble opinion, this is the year that the dolphins have to select Tannehill's replacement. It will be 6 years since Tannehill was drafted, and that is more then sufficient time to form an opinion of him. He is not the one to lead Miami to the promised land. This draft is rich in quarterbacks, so draft one.
Except in his 5th year, he was playing lights out at the end of the year, and last year he was out all year.

Im my opinion, FA has been a resounding success. Low key, necessary moves for not a ton of money.

Very non-Miami like.

So. We’ve addressed the O line (successfully, in my opinion). Filled the Landry hole as well (please don’t bitch, it is what it is).

I’m thinking.....

LB, TE, QB, DT, OL, and K. Maybe FS, but we have two high speed guys, one of which better learn to play FS quick.

Is it just me, or are our beloved Dolphins FINALLY getting their collective **** together?

This is what they said on MSN Sports

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins round out the losers which means that all four AFC teams made the losers list. The Patriots have an unfair advantage playing in the AFC East. The Dolphins overpaid for Danny Amendola. They overpaid for Albert Wilson. They had to cut Ndamukong Suh because of their cap situation. They lost Jarvis Landry for only a fourth and seventh round pick. Robert Quinn hasn't been dominant in years. It's the same old Dolphins.

For the first time in years we should have a good offensive line. No more *fingers crossed* hope it all works out, we should have actual, strong guard play.

How many times have we heard this before, then reality sets in. But not to be Debbie downer, I hope it is not the case and everything turns out for the best.

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins round out the losers which means that all four AFC teams made the losers list. The Patriots have an unfair advantage playing in the AFC East. The Dolphins overpaid for Danny Amendola. They overpaid for Albert Wilson. They had to cut Ndamukong Suh because of their cap situation. They lost Jarvis Landry for only a fourth and seventh round pick. Robert Quinn hasn't been dominant in years. It's the same old Dolphins.

Looks like everyone overpaid for every player signed. It isn’t like free agency is cheap for teams.

Quarterback: currently all-in on Tannehill's health who at best I think is above average (which isn't really a bad thing)

Offensive Line: Improved, deeper and healthier. If it comes together, maybe finally we can stop worrying about it EVERY season since forever

Tight Ends: what tight ends (non-scrubs)? Need at least two: a seam threat and a run blocker

Wide Receivers: A little more depth, less reliance on a single receiver is probably a good thing

Running Backs: Needs a short yardage guy to split reps with Drake

Defensive Tackles: Takes a massive hit without Suh there. Not much faith in the current crop

Defensive Ends: So long as Wake can still produce, this could be a strong point

Linebackers: A good player away from maybe being halfway decent if McMillan is fully recovered

Safeties: Would be nice to have a true Free Safety instead of two in-the-box guys

Cornerbacks: I like this unit, could be solid, although slot corner still could be improved

Kicker: need a solid, consistent kicker; without which can be the single most frustrating position outside of QB on a team

There's a LONG way to go.

Quarterback: currently all-in on Tannehill's health who at best I think is above average (which isn't really a bad thing)

Offensive Line: Improved, deeper and healthier. If it comes together, maybe finally we can stop worrying about it EVERY season since forever

Tight Ends: what tight ends (non-scrubs)? Need at least two: a seam threat and a run blocker

Wide Receivers: A little more depth, less reliance on a single receiver is probably a good thing

Running Backs: Needs a short yardage guy to split reps with Drake

Defensive Tackles: Takes a massive hit without Suh there. Not much faith in the current crop

Defensive Ends: So long as Wake can still produce, this could be a strong point

Linebackers: A good player away from maybe being halfway decent if McMillan is fully recovered

Safeties: Would be nice to have a true Free Safety instead of two in-the-box guys

Cornerbacks: I like this unit, could be solid, although slot corner still could be improved

Kicker: need a solid, consistent kicker; without which can be the single most frustrating position outside of QB on a team

There's a LONG way to go.

This metric tells me this team will stink for a few more years to come

Miami Dolphins

People still read MSN Sports?

I would say it's far too early to tell.

- A 4th and 7th still doesn't feel like nearly enough for Landry.

- Suh's contract was a monster but we haven't added another competent or high-end starter to the position.

- I'm fairly on board with the WRs added (more so Wilson) but the money is high

- We desperately need a seam-splitting TE

- We need another playmaker at LB

- The OL may finally be taking shape but I'd like additional OT depth behind Tunsil and James.

- I'd like Quinn to rework his cap hit

- I'd like to extend Wake and open up salary cap room this year (I hope he plays till he's 40)

- I still have no clue as to what we're doing with pick #1

I'll stop here as I'm now feeling greedy! LOL

On Twitter Armando said Miami isn’t done yet. They were quoted as wanting to get another impact player in FA. No names mentioned specifically.

We need another above average LB. We can't go into the season with Kiko and two rookies. With so so DT's and this LB crew, we are going to get gashed. Other than that, I'm thrilled. I'm not sure we're going to be that much more better off than we were projected to be last year pre-Tanny injury, but we were at least on the border of playoff contention and now some of the guys I wanted to see gone are in fact.

I am extremely happy that Miami finally got rid of the three knuckleheads (Landry, Pouncy, and Suh). I am already pleased with free agency.
confused-animated-clipart-1.jpg

It's fun to be optimistic. Truth is we've made some very important decisions that had a lot of risk involved. We've unloaded a ton of talent for various reasons. We've tried to recoop that talent with middle-pack FAs as we've done before.

I've seen this song and dance in years past. For me it all comes down to how Tannhill plays in 2018. I like a lot of moves we've made, I am not sure how much of an impact other ones will have. I do know we've lost talent....the draft will be crucial as it always is, but I do like Gase taking control of the roster and culture.

It's coming together for sure, if it goes bad Gase will get all the credit, if it goes good, they'll probably chalk it up to luck or find something else to complain about. One other thing, we can's overlook how important it is to draft a top LB, we cannot go into the season with what we have now.

Just like with the draft, you can't determine success or failure until you see the results on the field.

... see the field ... a couple of times.

This place tends to be shoot first and ask questions later. I'm more than willing to accept a slow start (not that it's ideal, just that it's been 30 years since we've had an identity and they aren't built over night and with such a significant shakeup, there will be some unsuccessful pickups) if this is truly the beginning of a new and effective team identity.

Depends on what is actually true. I get the fact that the Dolphins are committed to improving the leadership, work ethic and accountability as well as locker room chemistry...if that is in fact the case. I am no so sure on the methodology. Whether or not it works remains to be seen.

I loved the Josh Sitton and William Hayes signings. Two quality players (albeit aging). Sort of funny that in one seasons time they went from "we don't believe in paying guards" to paying out a 2 year, $18M deal to one guy.

Not sure about Kilgore. I'll have to wait and see.

So it had been reported in the past about some issues with Suh, Ajayi & Landry. The rumors may have been true as none are here any longer. Suh was said to be "aloof" among some of his teammates. Landry was a strong personality but was indirectly called out for not committing to the scheme via route running, etc. If that is true, it's probably not great to have the strongest personality in the WR room (and locker room) as someone who is not fully in line with the staff.

Gase was told by Don Shula to "do it your own way" and that is what he is doing, right or wrong. Let's see if the new look offense can learn the playbook in it's entirety as well ass implement it on the field. It could pay dividends. it should open up the offense and not be so vanilla come Sundays. They really need a mismatch TE to complete this makeover IMO.

The defense has some work to do as well. We could still use a DT and a LB. I think Anthony could be a good WLB but not sure if he'll get the chance because they would have to move Kiko again and relegate Reakwon to SLB. That to me makes DT even more important. Phillips will be a FA next year and if he breaks out could be a gamble on whether or not to invest in him since it took so long for the 2nd round pick to get it together.

Here's the other dilemma at LB...

If they draft Roquan, Kiko will have to move back to MLB. If they draft Edmunds, he can fit right in at SLB as well as in the nickel but then Anthony does not get a shot and they did give up a draft pick for him. Also, having a Roquan and a Raekwon at LB would be confusing.

I'm not sure I buy the TJMcD as a true FS. He has played that spot fairly well before and should be better with a full off-season and camp but he's not ideal. Burk suggested that he could play some WLB so that would lessen the need for a LB and increase the need for deep safety. Not sure which way they will go.

Back
Top Bottom