What could the Dolphins do to boost home game attendance? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could the Dolphins do to boost home game attendance?

Scrap

Go Fins
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not from there, but I have noticed that most home games seem rather empty. In my opinion, the Dolphins would be much better with a packed house of screaming Dolphins fans. This question is mostly for the locals, but anyone can chime in. Is there something that they (the Dolphins) could do to boost attendance? Do they advertise enough down there? Could they do more to be in touch with the south Florida community? This isn't meant to be a South Florida bashing thread. Maybe some good ideas will surface, and the right person will read it, and get the ball rolling.

Not being from there, I can't say what efforts they use to boost attendance.
Is there a way that they can improve attendance? Are there ways that other teams do it, that the Dolphins may not have tried? :confused:

Also, is there something the stadium could do during games to make it a more enjoyable experience? Again, I haven't been there. I'm just trying to help out.

Why a retractable roof? Would this make you want to attend a game if you were local, or otherwise?

I've heard that the music sucks there. Could that make a difference?

I went to a Baltimore game last year, and they really got you hyped up before the game. (music, fireworks, pregame player intros......Ray Lewis' intro was awesome.)How does this compare to Miami's pre game festivities?

Im a season ticket holder. In the Season Ticket holder book they describe different ways they are trying to spice up home games.

Game 1 against Tenesee they will be giving out foam "fins" to put on your hand for cheering purposes. They also are not going to say the last name for the player anouncements. They will shout the first name of the player, and the crowd shouts the last name of the player. In all, they are trying to get the crowd more involved.

It looks pretty full to me when I'm there. I believe most of the games are already sold out and the only way to go is via season tickets. What I did notice however is that with those bright orange seats, an empty one just kinda blares out at you. There was 73-75,000 people at each game last year.. I dont really think attendance is a big problem, but that's just me. I dont mind 1 extra seat next to me.. Lets me spread out!! :D

FumanChu said:
Im a season ticket holder. In the Season Ticket holder book they describe different ways they are trying to spice up home games.

Game 1 against Tenesee they will be giving out foam "fins" to put on your hand for cheering purposes. They also are not going to say the last name for the player anouncements. They will shout the first name of the player, and the crowd shouts the last name of the player. In all, they are trying to get the crowd more involved.

Have they done this in the past, or is this totally new?

They will shout the first name of the player, and the crowd shouts the last name of the player. In all,

Yea, that's pretty common trick in most european soccer leagues. It works really well, gets the crowd going.

(read: attention whore)

I'm going to the Steelers and Rams games. I'm contemplating adding the Titans game to the agenda.

Just doing my part. :D From a long distance I might add.

Every game sold out last year, so there were people at the games. The problem is noise. The Eagles game last year was embarassing since their fans were louder than ours. :(

Make the playoffs without Ricky or hire a new coach in '05.

Back
Top Bottom