What could the Dolphins do to boost home game attendance? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could the Dolphins do to boost home game attendance?

Dolphinizzle said:
I only get a chance to attend 1 or 2 games a year, and as far as I know Pro Player seems to get pretty packed. The place holds 80,000+.

Pro Player "only" holds 74.000 +

my opinion - as a season ticket holder and after having visited the stadium since 1992 - as far as crowd noise goes; PRO PLAYER SUCK!

Being from Europe I see a significant difference in crowd noise and fan extremists. All the fans in Pro Player love the Dolphins (for the most part), but there is no real HARD CORE fans who are preparing songs (insulting to the visitors) for each home, no banners, basicaly nothing that stands out as HARD CORE team fan!

People are sitting on their hands in that stadium. You will have a few highly determined fans going nuts in each section and WE try to get the rest going. Not always do we succeed. It is frustrating when you have seen what a packed stadium (25.000 - 40.000) in a soccer game in can make in terms of noise and then you experience the passiveness from 70.000 +. So much potential, yet no intimidation or willingness (it seems) to create such.
Is it too hot in Miami? Or is it the American way of "I can’t cheer and eat hotdogs at the same time" Kind of thing? I don’t know.

:yell: :yell: :yell: Bottom line: IT FRUSTRATES THE HELL OUT OF ME :yell: :yell: :yell:

Even though I like the "naked cheerleader" idea someone posted earlier, the only way to boost attendance is to win the division, make the playoffs, and win the Superbowl. If any of those 3 happen, attendance would increase. If all three happen, I'm moving to Miami and buying season tickets!

Game is on, I agree. I'm from Europe as well and I've been to many soccer games. We have chants that are already prepared, banners, flags, coreographic displays, it's a whole different world compared to american sports. I have been to Giants stadium many times for Fin games against the Jets and other random Giant games and that place gets really loud sometimes. NY fans are pretty loud, and annoying too, especially that fuc*ing Jet fan who wears the fireman's hat and gets that stupid chant going. I hate that guy.

That's what we need....someone opposing teams can hate. Which one of you locals are gonna step up and be the leader?

The guy is always on the monitor in the stadium. He's such an ***. He's such a real fan that if the jets are losing, like they were last year when in the 4th quarter it was just myself and other Dolphin fans in our section in Giants stadium, the guys leaves and never sticks around. If he was a true fan he would wait until the end.

A good portion of the crowd are opposing fans or tourists in the Miami area. Increase marketing in other cities to ensure sellouts.

I don't think that 74k includes luxury seating.

Dolphinizzle said:
Just like everybody was yelling when Fiedler came into the game against Washington last year? :shakeno:

Brian Gresie was so bad. That was the 1st time i have ever had any dolphin crowd yell when fiedler came in.

As a season ticket holder ive always thought that we should have some type of chant for our defense, bein that its the heart of the team. the stadium sometimes trys to put somethin up on the monitor, but i dont think it ever seems to be timed out right.

As far as attendance, the thing is some people like to spend their time watchin the monitors in the shade... ive watched games on dvd from the past few seasons that i KNOW were crazy packed and at times they seemed empty.

IMO the real problem is crowd noise, i leave every game with a sore throat, but people around me arent anywhere near as enthusiastic...

btw, cheering fiedler that sunday night against washington was one of the most surreal things ive ever taken part in... then that one handed catch by chambers, anyone remember that??

Scrap said:
Okay, I'm not from there, but I have noticed that most home games seem rather empty. In my opinion, the Dolphins would be much better with a packed house of screaming Dolphins fans. This question is mostly for the locals, but anyone can chime in. Is there something that they (the Dolphins) could do to boost attendance? Do they advertise enough down there? Could they do more to be in touch with the south Florida community? This isn't meant to be a South Florida bashing thread. Maybe some good ideas will surface, and the right person will read it, and get the ball rolling.

Not being from there, I can't say what efforts they use to boost attendance.
Is there a way that they can improve attendance? Are there ways that other teams do it, that the Dolphins may not have tried? :confused:
I have to take issue with your depiction of the stadium as being empty, that certainly would not be an accurate description of attendance. Now whether many leave early or not is another question.

There is alot to do in South Florida and frankly the product on the field has been very conservative and some would say boring. I prefer a more balanced creative attack to Daves philosophy and I know the casual fan would as well from an entertainment aspect, it also might help if it didn't cost 20$ plus to park.:D

All of you season ticket holders and fans in the area need to start a **** RICKY chant at the begining of the first home game. PLEASE COULD YOU ALL TRY FOR THE SAKE OF THE FANS WHO CANT BE THERE.
I bet the place would get really loud for that and Ricky could see how many people he has pissed off.

Win a super bowl.

Sorry, just messing with you woggie.

Gam(e)-is-on said:
Pro Player "only" holds 74.000 +

my opinion - as a season ticket holder and after having visited the stadium since 1992 - as far as crowd noise goes; PRO PLAYER SUCK!

Being from Europe I see a significant difference in crowd noise and fan extremists. All the fans in Pro Player love the Dolphins (for the most part), but there is no real HARD CORE fans who are preparing songs (insulting to the visitors) for each home, no banners, basicaly nothing that stands out as HARD CORE team fan!

People are sitting on their hands in that stadium. You will have a few highly determined fans going nuts in each section and WE try to get the rest going. Not always do we succeed. It is frustrating when you have seen what a packed stadium (25.000 - 40.000) in a soccer game in can make in terms of noise and then you experience the passiveness from 70.000 +. So much potential, yet no intimidation or willingness (it seems) to create such.
Is it too hot in Miami? Or is it the American way of "I can’t cheer and eat hotdogs at the same time" Kind of thing? I don’t know.

:yell: :yell: :yell: Bottom line: IT FRUSTRATES THE HELL OUT OF ME :yell: :yell: :yell:

Well look at it this way....
You get frustrated because the guys in front of you won't get up and make some noise.... the couple in back of you get frustrated because your always up and blocking their view....
Are you suggesting your way, is the only way to show your support? I hope not....

I lose my voice almost after ever game, but I know when to sit down and just watch(or PRAY) for something to happen. I don't know anyone who's "cheering" or "rowdy" throughout a game. Especially when the dolphins are just playing for the win.... we have never just gone out and taken over a game and dominated anybody. The games are usually rollercoaster rides of up and down play. I haven't seen the dolphins go out and dominate both side s of the ball in a few years... oh I take that back, the Dallas game last year, but that was away!!!!

Last year our offense was soo predictable, what was there to cheer about? I can remember just sitting in my seat, trying to figure out wtf was Wanny thinking about....or should I say Norv.
I remember yelling out "GET BACK" when the Pats beat us on that busted hail mary last year.... but I guess the crowd noise drowned me out!!!!

So you want more extremist there?... then you paint your face and take off your shirt.... I'm content with not being an azzhole to people around me while supporting my team and enjoying the game.

Back
Top Bottom