What did you think of Daniel Thomas? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What did you think of Daniel Thomas?

Nothing to like about a losing team. Last week it was Henne shining, this week it was Thomas. Every week there is a new "savior" that rises from the ashes to save us, yet the team still loses. 100 yards for Daniel Thomas gooood for himmmmOH WAIT... he fumbled the ball on a key possession. OH WELL.

My buddy at work went to Kansas State and has a lot of insight about their football team. I remember texting back and forth with him the day we drafted him asking about Thomas. He told me way back in April that Thomas will run hard and make great plays, but fumble at the most inopportune times. Looks like he knew what he was talking about.

I don't have faith in the coaches to help Thomas secure the ball - that is sad, but how I currently feel.

Also, am I the only surprised Bush did not see the field with Thomas and be motioned around as a WR...I thought that was why they signed the guy.

Hoos..agree..the footwork on display from Thomas was special. He has the skills to be a stud, but he needs proper coaching.

I don't have faith in the coaches to help Thomas secure the ball - that is sad, but how I currently feel.

Also, am I the only surprised Bush did not see the field with Thomas and be motioned around as a WR...I thought that was why they signed the guy.

Hoos..agree..the footwork on display from Thomas was special. He has the skills to be a stud, but he needs proper coaching.

nope you are not the only one, we are head scratching along with you. At this point, im willing to let todd bowles take over as head coach, sparano has no more faith. No one believes in this guy anymore leading this team foward, the " i have no answers" thing said it all man, he is the problem. Theres too much talent on this team for us to doing this badly.

Thought the kid looked good. Could be a playmaker.

I like the pieces the team has, now can they all show up and play well on the same day?

The announcer even noted pretty early into the game that the Texans had given Miami the run, they were not afraid to dare them to run and were taking out the pass. That is a lot of the reason the rookie looked so good. If you have daylight in front, it’s not hard for a running back of any caliber to get some yards. Between tackles is an understatement yesterday, sometimes he wasn’t touched until in the back field. Reggie was taken out of the game as a receiver by the defense, so didn’t get many plays. He is washed up as a running back period. Miami took what the defense gave them. Thomas will not run like that unless defenses give it to him like that, don’t get too excited about that first game, sorry to be Debby Downer about it, the one bright spot in a badly coached and repeatedly out coached team.

The announcer even noted pretty early into the game that the Texans had given Miami the run, they were not afraid to dare them to run and were taking out the pass. That is a lot of the reason the rookie looked so good. If you have daylight in front, it’s not hard for a running back of any caliber to get some yards. Between tackles is an understatement yesterday, sometimes he wasn’t touched until in the back field. Reggie was taken out of the game as a receiver by the defense, so didn’t get many plays. He is washed up as a running back period. Miami took what the defense gave them. Thomas will not run like that unless defenses give it to him like that, don’t get too excited about that first game, sorry to be Debby Downer about it, the one bright spot in a badly coached and repeatedly out coached team.

lol at this, THATS BS. Defense in the nfl dont give u ****, u have to earn every inch, period.

The announcer even noted pretty early into the game that theTexans had given Miami the run,they were not afraid to dare them to run and were taking out the pass.
Makes sense. Miami didn't have much of a running game vs NE and Thomas was an unknown.

So the question is now that we've seen Miami pass vs. New England and run vs. Houston, can they mix all of that into a playbook blender and actually come up with a well rounded offense? Maybe week three they put it all together.

I think there's some truth to the theory that they gave us the run early on. But they tightened up on it through the game and Thomas was still productive.

Maybe he does have fumble issues, but that hit with the helmet from the safety right up and under the ball will cause a fumble 6 or 7 times out of 10, no matter who's carrying it. So, I'm going to hold judgement on his ball protection till later in the season. His change of direction is great. He doesn't check, doesn't lose forward momentum, just shifts balance to a different running line and trucks it up.

At the very least we can say that he did pretty much everything that was expected of him and more.

finheaven draft gurus- " he goes down to easily after contact" hahaha really?

Back
Top Bottom