What did you think of Daniel Thomas? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What did you think of Daniel Thomas?

I must say I was not impressed with DT in preseason, but he really was a different player out there when the lights came on. Which must drive a guy like Sparano crazy - Sparano wants to see it in practice first.

The announcer even noted pretty early into the game that the Texans had given Miami the run, they were not afraid to dare them to run and were taking out the pass. That is a lot of the reason the rookie looked so good. If you have daylight in front, it’s not hard for a running back of any caliber to get some yards. Between tackles is an understatement yesterday, sometimes he wasn’t touched until in the back field. Reggie was taken out of the game as a receiver by the defense, so didn’t get many plays. He is washed up as a running back period. Miami took what the defense gave them. Thomas will not run like that unless defenses give it to him like that, don’t get too excited about that first game, sorry to be Debby Downer about it, the one bright spot in a badly coached and repeatedly out coached team.

Don't tell Brandon Marshall that they took the pass out.

I must say I was not impressed with DT in preseason, but he really was a different player out there when the lights came on. Which must drive a guy like Sparano crazy - Sparano wants to see it in practice first.

it was apparent during the preseason...he did the same thing then also...great feet quick short area burst all apparent...one cut and get north and south

One of the few bright spots even with the fumble. Looking forward to seeing more of him and the thomas and bush package.

I have gone on record against the Finheaven "Draft Gurus" who stated this was a bad pick. I think Thomas was a great pick and have maintained this for months. Finally yesterday he gave us 100 yards in his debut game and looked incredible, considering the woeful state of our Oline.

I look over at Ingram who is not doing anything over in NO and am feeling better and better about this pick.

The naysayers will point out the fumble, and I would agree, but my god what a great run that would have been. Notice many times he was running out of the shotgun with no lead blockers and going right off the butt of our rookie Pouncey, who I believe was also a nice selection over Ingram in round 1.

What I do not get is why Reggie Bush sits on the bench and watches this..can we not have them both on the field together? Is that utter insanity? We witnessed a total misuse of Reggie Bush for 2 straight games.

I don't expect Thomas to slow down..he and Marshall were our main bright spots on O yesterday, and frankly we could have won that game if our offense got a little more dynamic.

Thank you DT for proving the FH expert doubters wrong and providing a big time spark out there in the run game.

I liked him coming out of college. Watched several of his games, even seen him destroy my team (OU) a few times. I'd like to see him lower his shoulder but he's a good back. A lot of people who didnt like him were basing their opinion on not knowing who he was coming out of college and on the handful of runs they seen in pre-season behind this **** line. Those same people ***** cause we didnt bring back Ronnie or Ricky, thats the ironic part. Thomas >>>>R&R. He'll suffer behind this line though.

I liked his productivity yesterday, and I'm excited to see more - but its 1 game. Let's see if he's still doing that in a few weeks or months.

I was impressed that he was hitting the hole much better/quicker than he did in preseason, and running north and south.

I wasn't crazy about his upright style. When he got hit, he generally got stopped cold or pushed back, rather than falling forward. And his fumble killed a promising drive where we coulda taken the lead.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

it was apparent during the preseason...he did the same thing then also...great feet quick short area burst all apparent...one cut and get north and south

Funny how a little production all of sudden makes a guy a "different player" huh? Like he just learned how to run on Sunday.

DT looked good yesterday. He really does have great vision and quick feet. Alot of the people who didnt like the pick didnt like it because he didnt run a 4.3 and in his youtube highlight video theres not a whole lot of long td runs. DT will move the chains. Our O-line is pretty crappy and he was making some real nice runs yesterday.

The fumble was a combination of a rookie trying to do too much and a perfect helmet on the ball hit.

He does run upright which can be corrected. The kid ran hard and moved the ball well. I know it was one game but it was nice to see.

But as much as he runs upright at least he doesnt dance as soon as he gets handed the ball and stopped at the LOS. He hits the hole with a nice burst and gets to the 2nd level.

Back
Top Bottom