What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season?

Why did the Dolphins not address the WR position THIS season?

• Jeff Ireland didn't think it was necessary.

Votes: 27 17.1%
  • The Phins tried but trade(s) fell through.

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Philbin did not want additional receivers based on the options available.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • The salary cap prevented the Phins from doing it.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeff Ireland did think it was necessary but there were no suitable options.

Votes: 57 36.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.8%

• Total voters
LMAO at no suitable additions but I guess this is why our GM has us with our fourth non winning season and some people still believe he is doing a good job. Real Gm's like Atlanta go out and get it done. Ireland well who knows what he be thinking

i dont think anyone on this board is an idiot, u just are not stating facts. Wayne made many comments that had nothing to do with Manning and if Manning was the factor why would he not wait for manning to sign and follow. We didnt offer Wayne anything or bring him in and there are plenty of statements that show he was wanting to hear from us. Wayne lives in Miami in the offseason and definately saw that Indy was letting alot of guys go and not to mention were 1-15 so why would he not have interest as he stated. I just think u choose to believe what makes you more comfortable with Ireland as the gm. Regardless Ireland never tryed to bring in Wayne which would be due diligence and there was nothing that showed Wayne had no intention of leaving Indy

Evidence that wayne wasnt leaving indy?

How many offers from other teams did wayne turn down? Certainly he had to have had some offers if he was the hot commodity ppl are portraying he was.

Evidence that wayne wasnt leaving indy?

How many offers from other teams did wayne turn down? Certainly he had to have had some offers if he was the hot commodity ppl are portraying he was.

Other teams did show interest like NE but the point is we did not even try to take a look at him but of course we spent the same money on a scrub db

Reason is Ireland needed an excuse for not getting to playoffs this year

I think the Dolphins were hoping Roberto Wallace would pan out. He was built like Marshall and had all the tools you want in a WR. Unfortunately he busted. I think that's why Miami didn't draft a WR early.

I think the Dolphins were hoping Roberto Wallace would pan out. He was built like Marshall and had all the tools you want in a WR. Unfortunately he busted. I think that's why Miami didn't draft a WR early.

Well then thats pretty stupid and should get people fired right there. A guy that had six catches for 62 yards and wasnt even very good at San Diego St.
Nothing wrong with hoping a guy pans put but not address wr because of it is just stupid. Kind of like putting 2nd round tender on Lydon Murtha but at least they hedged their bet

I really hope that Ireland is serious about getting PLAYMAKERS this offseason and lets Hartline go. Go get a REAL number 2. Bring in one of the premier fa wideouts AND draft one very early in the draft, preferably in the first round.

Hartline is not good enough.

But would you take Michael Floyd AND Russell Wilson over Tannehill?
;

Nope, Wilson has been great for a rookie, but he's undersized and I'll need to see more before I say I'd rather have him over Tannehill. I think once defenses figure him out he'll be an average QB at best. Ask me this question after this next draft when we draft a stud WR, Then i'll be better prepared to answer this question when i can compare our young stud WR to Floyed.

You do realize that a team needs a third wr its basically a starter to some degree. We dont even have guys worthy of being a 3 or 4 wr on our bench. Rewatch this weeks game and tell me how we didnt need a wr in this draft. Our receivers gained 66 total yards versus the friggin Bills. Hmm maybe we win one of those close games because our qb actually has a damn receiver.

Devon Bess and Hartline are our 3rd receives. Pretty damn good ones at that. We just need to find #1's and last years draft at this point didn't have any of those.

The team was never about to open the gates and spend money this year. This year was about cleaning up the roster and setting us up for next year. Adding one year receivers was never in the plan. Every team has a five year plan and this was part of the plan. It's not that they were trying to lose, they were just not letting this year out-rank next year. It was clear at every step of the way, from preseason to now. SO, "other" on the poll. The poll also shows how few people believe this, kind of funny.

It's bad enough that we passed on TY Hilton and drafted Egnew. It's even worse that Hilton scored a TD against us that revealed Sean Smith is probably the worlds worst DB in tracking a ball in the air and us losing that game is why we're not in the playoffs.

Devon Bess and Hartline are our 3rd receives. Pretty damn good ones at that. We just need to find #1's and last years draft at this point didn't have any of those.

Well with these guys as starters the guy we drafted would have to be a number 3. If we have to wait until a guy that screams number one is drafted it could be a long time before we draft a guy.
We needed to draft a receiver that at the very least could be our third guy this year and we failed but yet drafted a thrid rb and a 4th te that in the context of our season were not very important,
Chris Givens could have made a solid impact with us as could have Hilton instead of trotting out practice squaders as our third and now starter

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

The team was never about to open the gates and spend money this year. This year was about cleaning up the roster and setting us up for next year. Adding one year receivers was never in the plan. Every team has a five year plan and this was part of the plan. It's not that they were trying to lose, they were just not letting this year out-rank next year. It was clear at every step of the way, from preseason to now. SO, "other" on the poll. The poll also shows how few people believe this, kind of funny.

Sorrry NFL teams dont have 5 year plans , you know how I know this is because most coaches dont get 5 years to build a winner.

Marlon Moore

Marlon Moore - Great kid. Really FAST. Actually gets OPEN. One small problem...Can't CATCH!. I was at the Bills game this past weekend, front row, watched Moore on the 1st drive wide open, Tannehill puts the ball right in his hands & he DROPS it! Drive killed, blocked FG followed. Later, he drops ANOTHER perfect pass from Tannehill. Might not have been that big a deal vs the Bills; but these are game changing plays that an NFL receiver MUST make if you want to beat the better teams. If Stickum was still legal this guy would be a superstar. I believe the reason they keep him is he has a great attitude, probably an excellent practice player and he actually does a really good job as a flyer on ST. All that doesn't make a hil of beans if as a WR he can't catch the ball. I believe you will see that next year the Marlon Moore experiment will be over. Sorry Marlon. In the Arena Leage you will dominate...

Marlon Moore - Great kid. Really FAST. Actually gets OPEN. One small problem...Can't CATCH!. I was at the Bills game this past weekend, front row, watched Moore on the 1st drive wide open, Tannehill puts the ball right in his hands & he DROPS it! Drive killed, blocked FG followed. Later, he drops ANOTHER perfect pass from Tannehill. Might not have been that big a deal vs the Bills; but these are game changing plays that an NFL receiver MUST make if you want to beat the better teams. If Stickum was still legal this guy would be a superstar. I believe the reason they keep him is he has a great attitude, probably an excellent practice player and he actually does a really good job as a flyer on ST. All that doesn't make a hil of beans if as a WR he can't catch the ball. I believe you will see that next year the Marlon Moore experiment will be over. Sorry Marlon. In the Arena Leage you will dominate...

Problem is the past few years we have seemed to use the acorn theory way too much on wr. Expecting meaningful play from Marlon Moore or Ricardo Wallace is asinine. Sure try to develop these guys but u dont hold off on a young receiver because of these raw guys.

Back
Top Bottom