What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season?

Why did the Dolphins not address the WR position THIS season?

• Jeff Ireland didn't think it was necessary.

Votes: 27 17.1%
  • The Phins tried but trade(s) fell through.

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Philbin did not want additional receivers based on the options available.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • The salary cap prevented the Phins from doing it.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeff Ireland did think it was necessary but there were no suitable options.

Votes: 57 36.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.8%

• Total voters
All young qb's need surehanded receivers that make plays to increase their confidence. Playing sports is all about confidence. having guys that cannot get open and drop passes or cant make a play on their own does not make a qb better.

Chris Givens I would take over Vernon, Miller or Egnew. I would definately think about Reuben Randle over Martin but I have always been fine with the martin pick.
Randle doesnt have great stats but he plays on a team that may have the best wr's in the league

All QB's young or old need surehanded receivers so i agree with you there. However NOT having one should NOT affect the QB's confidence. Do you think Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees or Tom Brady's confidence would wane if they didn't have good receivers? I don't think so.

And we'll just have to disagree on taking Any of those receivers over Miller Martin or Vernon. I don't think any of them will be better than the guys we have.

Wayne signed for the exact same money that we gave perpetual scrub Richard Marshall so how is spending money on a scrub better than a good wr. There is no logic here.

Wayne had multiple offers. He wanted to stay in Indy. Non issue.

Wayne said quite a few times he was very interested in Miami so not sure where u are getting your misinformation

so what, he litterally begged to come here, but we refused I suppose. that's how dumb this staff is right?

I never read or heard of any interest from reggie wayne in coming to miami unless it was to play with peyton manning... peyton manning didn't walk through that door.

Wayne said quite a few times he was very interested in Miami so not sure where u are getting your misinformation

Yeah and Manning said the same thing as did Jeff Fisher. Big deal. It is obvious Wayne WANTED to stay in Indy because he stayed in Indy despite getting better offers. Logic is where I get my information thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I never read or heard of any interest from reggie wayne in coming to miami unless it was to play with peyton manning... peyton manning didn't walk through that door.

Agreed. Total non issue.

1. Tannehill
2. Martin
3. Vernon
3. Egnew
4. Lamar Miller
5. Josh Kaddu
6. Cunninham
7. Matthews

1. Micheal Floyed Kendal Wright, AJ Jenkins - I'd take Tannehill over any of these guys

2, Stephen Hill: jets 3TD 252 yrds: Alshon Jeffery: bears 3TD 252 yards: Bryan Broyles 2TD 310 yards: Rueban Ranall 1TD 197 yards - I'd take a Starting LT Martin over these dudes, (so far, this could change if these guys end up being studs)

3, Mohamed Sanu 4TD 154 yards: TY Hilton 6TD 716 yards - This seems to be one Ireland flat out got wrong. Unless Egnew turns out to be a good TE, this looks like a terrible pick. Hilton is doing great this year. The only defense I'll offer is that Hilton was an undersized WR coming out of college and TE was a huge need position for us. I can see why he went TE here.

4. Travis Benjamin: 2TD 209 yards: Joe Adams, Devon Wiley, Jarius Wright: 1TD 167 yrds: Nick Toon, Keshawn Martin 1TD 85 yrds: Greg Childs - So far, from what i've seen and giving our situation with Reggie, i'd take Miller over these guys.

5. Marvin Jones 91 yrds 0TD: Juron Criner 1TD 151 yrds: Tommy Streeter, Marvin McNutt, - This is a wash none of these receivers have done much of anything and Im not sure if Kaddu even on our team anymore.

Didn't feel like going any further as the later rounds are a crap shoot. So looking at our pick and the picks that were availabe after we picked in that round, I don't see any egregious erros that ireland made. Now this doesn't take into consideration free agency and the trades that he made but I think seeing this information I'd be ok with him drafting this year under the new philosophy. Free Agency is much more questionable if you ask me. Your thoughts??

1. Tannehill
2. Martin
3. Egnew
4. Lamar Miller
5. Josh Kaddu
6. Cunninham
7. Matthews

1. Micheal Floyed Kendal Wright, AJ Jenkins - I'd take Tannehill over any of these guys

2, Stephen Hill: jets 3TD 252 yrds: Alshon Jeffery: bears 3TD 252 yards: Bryan Broyles 2TD 310 yards: Rueban Ranall 1TD 197 yards - I'd take a Starting LT Martin over these dudes, (so far, this could change if these guys end up being studs)

3, Mohamed Sanu 4TD 154 yards: TY Hilton 6TD 716 yards - This seems to be one Ireland flat out got wrong. Unless Egnew turns out to be a good TE, this looks like a terrible pick. Hilton is doing great this year. The only defense I'll offer is that Hilton was an undersized WR coming out of college and TE was a huge need position for us. I can see why he went TE here.

4. Travis Benjamin: 2TD 209 yards: Joe Adams, Devon Wiley, Jarius Wright: 1TD 167 yrds: Nick Toon, Keshawn Martin 1TD 85 yrds: Greg Childs - So far, from what i've seen and giving our situation with Reggie, i'd take Miller over these guys.

5. Marvin Jones 91 yrds 0TD: Juron Criner 1TD 151 yrds: Tommy Streeter, Marvin McNutt, - This is a wash none of these receivers have done much of anything and Im not sure if Kaddu even on our team anymore.

Didn't feel like going any further as the later rounds are a crap shoot. So looking at our pick and the picks that were availabe after we picked in that round, I don't see any egregious erros that ireland made. Now this doesn't take into consideration free agency and the trades that he made but I think seeing this information I'd be ok with him drafting this year under the new philosophy. Free Agency is much more questionable if you ask me. Your thoughts??

But would you take Michael Floyd AND Russell Wilson over Tannehill?

so what, he litterally begged to come here, but we refused I suppose. that's how dumb this staff is right?

I never said he begged I said he was very interested dont disagree on how dumb Ireland is though

1. Tannehill
2. Martin
3. Vernon
3. Egnew
4. Lamar Miller
5. Josh Kaddu
6. Cunninham
7. Matthews

so Chris Givens with 37 receptions for 606 yards and 3 tds would not have been worth drafting ?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Reggie Wayne all spoke on manning but he never once said his interest was tied to manning, if that was so why is he not in Denver?
Anyone that thinks he would not think of leaving a 1-15 team that dumped quite a few vets needs to get medication

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Yeah and Manning said the same thing as did Jeff Fisher. Big deal. It is obvious Wayne WANTED to stay in Indy because he stayed in Indy despite getting better offers. Logic is where I get my information thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Agreed. Total non issue.

We actually tried to sign Manning and Fisher they turned us down, we never even talked to Wayne and again if it was based on Manning why did he not go to Denver.

All QB's young or old need surehanded receivers so i agree with you there. However NOT having one should NOT affect the QB's confidence. Do you think Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees or Tom Brady's confidence would wane if they didn't have good receivers? I don't think so.

And we'll just have to disagree on taking Any of those receivers over Miller Martin or Vernon. I don't think any of them will be better than the guys we have.

I never said any of these players over Martin but yea a possible starter over backups yea would take em all day.As for Rodgers or Brees they have always had alot of great receivers well except in San Diego and for the most part Brees was not very good with lesser talent. Rodgers has Nelson, Jennings and a great TE so Im sure he would not be as good with out them. Brady may be the one exception

so Chris Givens with 37 receptions for 606 yards and 3 tds would not have been worth drafting ?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Reggie Wayne all spoke on manning but he never once said his interest was tied to manning, if that was so why is he not in Denver?
Anyone that thinks he would not think of leaving a 1-15 team that dumped quite a few vets needs to get medication

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

We actually tried to sign Manning and Fisher they turned us down, we never even talked to Wayne and again if it was based on Manning why did he not go to Denver.

Well its pretty simple math. Reggie wayne signed an extension on march 13th and peyton manning didnt sign with denver until march 20th.

Well its pretty simple math. Reggie wayne signed an extension on march 13th and peyton manning didnt sign with denver until march 20th.

What point did u make lol. So Wayne didnt want to play with Manning as many have speculated. Please explain this simple math. Out of Wayne's very own mouth he said he was very interested in playing in Miami.
You havent brought up anything accurate, just something that makes u feel better about Ireland I guess. We never pursued Wayne and thats a fact, he said he was interested in playing in Miamii thats a fact.

He said he was interested in closing out his career in miami with peyton and that it would be a storybook ending.
You asked a question why wayne didnt play with manning in denver, like were all a bunch of idiots for
Bringing up peyton was part of reggies miami quotes.

There you go

He said he was interested in closing out his career in miami with peyton and that it would be a storybook ending.
You asked a question why wayne didnt play with manning in denver, like were all a bunch of idiots for
Bringing up peyton was part of reggies miami quotes.

There you go

i dont think anyone on this board is an idiot, u just are not stating facts. Wayne made many comments that had nothing to do with Manning and if Manning was the factor why would he not wait for manning to sign and follow. We didnt offer Wayne anything or bring him in and there are plenty of statements that show he was wanting to hear from us. Wayne lives in Miami in the offseason and definately saw that Indy was letting alot of guys go and not to mention were 1-15 so why would he not have interest as he stated. I just think u choose to believe what makes you more comfortable with Ireland as the gm. Regardless Ireland never tryed to bring in Wayne which would be due diligence and there was nothing that showed Wayne had no intention of leaving Indy

Back
Top Bottom