What if we loss Matt Moore? then what? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we loss Matt Moore? then what?

So if Tanny goes down earley in the season, your season depends on Delvin and a rookie, not to bright. Bring in a vet backup.

Shouldn't Delvin be considered a vet back up now? Only guys left are washed up non performers! Best of the bunch would probably be Sanchez as soon as the jets cut him...

ill be disappointed if moore leaves, but i would be happy for him if he got an opportunity to start. I wish him well where ever he ends up, i know some won't agree... but i appreciate the spark he gave our team and for dragging us back to respectability. I would like to think devlin would be ready if need be, obviously not for the long term but how bad can he be (insert ray lucas joke here) in a spot start.

V.s Gabbert sure. No way in hell Henne's beating out Moore. No way in hell.
You're overrating Moore. Henne and Moore are pretty equal, but they're both backup quarterbacks.

So on this thread, what happens if we lose Moore? Um, what happens if Flynn leaves the Packers and signs with the Seahawks, if Kolb leaves the Eagles and joins the Cardinals, if Cassel leaves New England and joins the Chiefs?

Pretty sure none of those teams are saying DAMN I wish I had that backup quarterback we used to have on our team. He doesn't sweat all over these clipboards like these do.

Who the hell cares, they're backup quarterbacks for a reason. Sign Devlin, draft a 6th-7th round quarterback, or get an undrafted one and we good.

So if Tanny goes down earley in the season, your season depends on Delvin and a rookie, not to bright. Bring in a vet backup.

If we have to rely on Jackson or Wallace, our season is over anyways. At least Devlin has potential.

Devlin will be considered a three year vet this upcoming season and has slowly worked his way up from the practice squad to the #3 last year. The coaching staff seems to be very high on him and I don't think it is crazy for him to be in a position to be the #2 in his third NFL season. The Redskins had a rookie starter and a rookie backup last year, and Miami started a rookie. Not so sure why the thought of a three year veteran competiting with a 4th or 5th round rookie is not bright. Unless they can bring Matt Moore back as the #2, I think you go with the plan of Devlin and a rookie.

V.s Gabbert sure. No way in hell Henne's beating out Moore. No way in hell.

Well when Moore is in JAX you will have a foot to stand on. But he isn't. Right now, through the play of the two QBs currently in JAX, Henne is the better of the two.

No hypotheticals. Just a fact.

I would look at Ryan Fitzpatrick if he is cut.

You're overrating Moore. Henne and Moore are pretty equal, but they're both backup quarterbacks.

So on this thread, what happens if we lose Moore? Um, what happens if Flynn leaves the Packers and signs with the Seahawks, if Kolb leaves the Eagles and joins the Cardinals, if Cassel leaves New England and joins the Chiefs?

Pretty sure none of those teams are saying DAMN I wish I had that backup quarterback we used to have on our team. He doesn't sweat all over these clipboards like these do.

Who the hell cares, they're backup quarterbacks for a reason. Sign Devlin, draft a 6th-7th round quarterback, or get an undrafted one and we good.

Im not overrating ****. Never once did I say we would be in trouble if we lose MoOre, not once. I stated he's far superior than Henne.

Nice rant though, Could not agree more.

Well when Moore is in JAX you will have a foot to stand on. But he isn't. Right now, through the play of the two QBs currently in JAX, Henne is the better of the two.

No hypotheticals. Just a fact.

Your response to Matt Moore landing in Jax was that "Henne would win that battle". Whether you meant a three way competition or not really is besides the fact.

Moore > Henne > Gabbert. There is zero hypotheticals there.

Let Moore go, he isnt worth wasting cap space. The fact is, if your #1 QB gets hurt, you might as well just play for the draft. I mean how common is it for a team to win the superbowl w their backup QB??? Uncommon

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think Matt Moore will be in the unfortunate situation next season of signing somewhere for a shot to compete (a la Matt Flynn) and then probably lose out on it because he's not a good practice player. It's pretty lousy for him, because even though I don't think he's ever going to be a great NFL quarterback, he is definitely better than some of the guys who started this year for various NFL teams. Including a couple of teams in our own division. I just hope he doesn't wind up in New York unless it's to be Eli Manning's backup.

Back
Top Bottom