What if we loss Matt Moore? then what? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we loss Matt Moore? then what?

David Garrard was going to be your starter before he got hurt. He's a savvy veteran QB that will be glad to hold down the backup spot, without expectation of replacing Tannehill. His contract would be realistic. Most importantly, if needed Garrard can play and win in the league. He's proven . In my opinion, He is the logical choice. Let Devlin develop. if Tannehill is what we expect, trade Devlin (like Green Bay, Flynn) for a number of draft picks.

Let Moore go, he isnt worth wasting cap space. The fact is, if your #1 QB gets hurt, you might as well just play for the draft. I mean how common is it for a team to win the superbowl w their backup QB??? Uncommon

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Historically quite a few teams have made it to or won the superbowl with their backup qb. Just look at the 49ers kapernick was the backup and would have likely stayed the backup if smith wasn't injured

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

David Garrard was going to be your starter before he got hurt. He's a savvy veteran QB that will be glad to hold down the backup spot, without expectation of replacing Tannehill. His contract would be realistic. Most importantly, if needed Garrard can play and win in the league. He's proven . In my opinion, He is the logical choice. Let Devlin develop. if Tannehill is what we expect, trade Devlin (like Green Bay, Flynn) for a number of draft picks.

Wha? The guy has been very vocal about wanting a starting position or nothing. Further, he's clearly in it for the quick payday, hoping some sucker team (us last offseason) will give him another one without realizing that his body is broken. No thanks.

Your response to Matt Moore landing in Jax was that "Henne would win that battle". Whether you meant a three way competition or not really is besides the fact.

Moore > Henne > Gabbert. There is zero hypotheticals there.

Let me clear this up for you. I don't think Moore lands in JAX. I have been on record for many months, IMO, that Moore would find a home in BUF. I still believe he might end up there.

As for your opinion on rating the QBs. Moore is a different type of QB, but both he and Henne end up with the same results. Both have yet to show they are winners.

It's not an "If we loose Moore," it's a "When we loose Moore." Who cares who the backup is as long as we actually have a legitimate starter at the QB position going into the season for the first time in a long long time.

No big loss, if Tannehill gets hurt or tanks the year, we will be history anyway, think several possibilities exist including Alex Smith signining for a minimum, who know if you can trade for flynn for a late round pick......all sorts of inexpensive opportunities are out there......

"Garrard 'ready to go': CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports free agent quarterback David Garrard, who was in contention for the Dolphins' starting quarterback job before suffering a knee injury in the preseason, is healthy and cleared to work out for teams, according to his agent, Albert Irby. “He is ready to go,” Irby said. (Updated 11/13/12)"............Ok...he's 35, he's not a long term prospect for a starter ( but could be in a pinch) . He now knows he's a backup, if he can be the mentor, second pair of eyes, and be capable of playing to save a game or two, he might be worth a look....Don't know about you, but I want a backup that can win....He knows the basic offense. I think it's a smart, cheep move !

Last edited by a moderator:
"Garrard 'ready to go': CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports free agent quarterback David Garrard, who was in contention for the Dolphins' starting quarterback job before suffering a knee injury in the preseason, is healthy and cleared to work out for teams, according to his agent, Albert Irby. “He is ready to go,” Irby said. (Updated 11/13/12)"............Ok...he's 35, he's not a long term prospect for a starter. He now knows he's a backup, if he can be the mentor, second pair of eyes, and be capable of playing to save a game or two....I think it's a smart, cheep move !

I don't want Garrard.. he's a POS who knew long before that contrived swimming pool "mishap" that he needed surgery yet still conspired to steal Ross's money. Even beyond that if for nothing more than Omar's not-so-subtle agenda, I don't want to have to keep reading how Tannehill doesn't have "IT" and how Garrard should start. Thanks but no thanx.

And to those who think Henne can even carry Moore's jockstrap, were they in a coma during 2011?? Moore has a winning record as a starter and the years where he's started under center for 3 bad teams, his records have been better than when someone else started for those same teams. Watching him lead and rally the team from the stands was a real eye-opener after sadsack Henne. So give me a ****ing break as far as that shizzle goes!

Hadn't heard any rumors that Garrard's injury was anything but a 2012 injury. I know it was kinda funny that it would be done at home playing with his kids....but didn't know that "people were talking" about fraud .

Bring Pennington back. Last I heard, he wanted to return to the NFL..

If they really plan on running more read option, better go get a viable backup. Im not a fan of any pro offense that purposely exposes the QB to hits,,,not a recipe for carreer longevity

I personally wish this site would enact a rule saying that any poster who mentions the name of the scam artist who cowboynemo is so madly in love with, would be banned forthwith from this site, never to return.

Let us efface the memory of the 2012 preseason forever from all tablets and monuments. Tannehill is our QB, Devlin is our backup, and we can pickup someon like Fitzpatrick to be a vet backup if we want.

Back
Top Bottom