WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft?

I'd be fine with passing on QBs this year.
So would I for two reasons...
- I want to see more of Rosen with more talent around him
- I like 2021 QB's better than 2020 if it comes to drafting a QB high in the draft (unless there is great value for where we get him).

To clarify, I think Tua's injury could really impact his career, and that Burrow will be long gone by the time we pick. I also would rather draft DE Chase Young than any QB in this draft if we do have a high pick.

Last edited:
Can you show me his post where he said he would take Haskins over Watson. I've reread the tread twice now and can't find it but might have over looked it. You used that statement to basically say "you win". I just never saw that...
It was implied when he said Clemson had never produced a good QB and I pointed out Watson and he said Watson hasn't accomplished anything just like Dwayne Haskins.

It was implied when he said Clemson had never produced a good QB and I pointed out Watson and he said Watson hasn't accomplished anything just like Dwayne Haskins.
His statement in no way implied he would take Haskins over Watson. I feel you inferred it to case close your point.
If I remember correctly there was a large anti Watson crowd on the board. But I would for sure take him in miami...in hind sight...

His statement in no way implied he would take Haskins over Watson. I feel you inferred it to case close your point.
If I remember correctly there was a large anti Watson crowd on the board. But I would for sure take him in miami...in hind sight...
So what you're saying is Watson and Haskins are on the same level...by agreeing with his statement...or how would you interpret his statement?

So what you're saying is Watson and Haskins are on the same level...by agreeing with his statement...or how would you interpret his statement?
I take his statement just how it is. All he is saying is at this moment Watson in the big picture hasn't won the playoffs or sb yet so gotta give them both more time.

I take his statement just how it is. All he is saying is at this moment Watson in the big picture hasn't won the playoffs or sb yet so gotta give them both more time.
Yes I agree that neither have produced a SB but rationally we cannot disrespect Watson has been to the NFL POs and won a National Championship against a fierce Bama Defense

What has Haskins done beat Penn State?
Haskins was for me Meh in the NCAA - Watson has serious upside and compete - he holds on to the ball to long because he wants to make a play - he has a big arm

Haskins is just big

Yes I agree that neither have produced a SB but rationally we cannot disrespect Watson has been to the NFL POs and won a National Championship against a fierce Bama Defense

What has Haskins done beat Penn State?
Haskins was for me Meh in the NCAA - Watson has serious upside and compete - he holds on to the ball to long because he wants to make a play - he has a big arm

Haskins is just big
My personal take is I'm a big fan of Watson. I like him in college and I like his transition so far in the NFL. I think he is going to have a great career and will win some PO games for sure. I also believe in developing qbs and giving them more than 4 games before labeling them garbage. Haskins needs some time . I think he is a great pocket passer and will have some success in the nfl.

I'd be shocked if we pass on him late in Round one unless his injury situation is grim (recovery wise).
We passed on Drew Brees for a similar reason in free agency, I don't want to make that mistake again.

My personal take is I'm a big fan of Watson. I like him in college and I like his transition so far in the NFL. I think he is going to have a great career and will win some PO games for sure. I also believe in developing qbs and giving them more than 4 games before labeling them garbage. Haskins needs some time . I think he is a great pocket passer and will have some success in the nfl.
He wasnt terrible at OSU but this is the NFL He needed to sit and watch and learn so I feel bad for him but I didn’t see anything that makes him a leader in the NFL

he was carried by his teammates at OSU

Back
Top Bottom