WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft?

I’d rather have Justin Fields.
I love listening to sports talk on Ohio st this week. Everyone wants Penn st to win (cause most want 3 sec teams in the playoffs)...and every conversation ends with "but all fields does is throw TDs".
I take fields over Lawrence.

Anyone who thinks a team that does not have a starting QB, 12 picks in the upcoming draft ( 5 highly rated qbs in said draft, multiple mid range qbs with talent) and feels the team should wait another year......seriously shows a complete lack of understanding.

Yes they do have good "college" production but they all do not project as top prospects because there are differences between QB production, there are nuances. Some are much better then the others.
Just curious, what is the criteria, how does it compare to consistently successful NFL QBs (did they reach those marks and that is why you are using it as a guide.

You changed his arguement, why?
And what was his argument? That he said not taking someone from a specific school was wrong? Maybe you and him should read the original post again. I said taking someone from that offense has proven to be a waste.

Urban Meyer's offense is the absolute worst at developing QBs for NFL success. From his time at Bowling Green, to Utah, to Florida, to OSU. The only decent QB he produced in all that time was Alex Smith and it took years, YEARS for him to develop into a DECENT QB.

So what argument are you talking about?

Just curious, what is the criteria, how does it compare to consistently successful NFL QBs (did they reach those marks and that is why you are using it as a guide.

For the last college season, Criteria is over 275 attempts. Over 63% completion. Over 18 attempts per sack. Over 36 attempts per interception. Under 14 attempts per TD. That's the gist of it. There is something else, but that is less important now.

I'm hoping for chase young and AJ Epenesa with the first 2 picks. Maybe tua will be there in the late teens for the houston pick

For the last college season, Criteria is over 275 attempts. Over 63% completion. Over 18 attempts per sack. Over 36 attempts per interception. Under 14 attempts per TD. That's the gist of it. There is something else, but that is less important now.

What starting NFL QBs have reached those marks while in college to lead you to believe those are the standard? I'm just curious as to why these are the marks you are using?

What starting NFL QBs have reached those marks while in college to lead you to believe those are the standard? I'm just curious as to why these are the marks you are using?
I had a thread on this, it contained over a 100 QB going back 10 years. It's all there. You can search for it if it is not deleted.

I had a thread on this, it contained over a 100 QB going back 10 years. It's all there. You can search for it if it is not deleted.

That is a ton of work and I am glad I got a chance to look at it as it shows how inconsistent that evaluation system is. You have potential MVP's for the season as undraftable and some of the worst QBs as elite and a mix bag through out. Regardless, you deserve a kudos for the effort.

And what was his argument? That he said not taking someone from a specific school was wrong? Maybe you and him should read the original post again. I said taking someone from that offense has proven to be a waste.

Urban Meyer's offense is the absolute worst at developing QBs for NFL success. From his time at Bowling Green, to Utah, to Florida, to OSU. The only decent QB he produced in all that time was Alex Smith and it took years, YEARS for him to develop into a DECENT QB.

So what argument are you talking about?
Can you show me his post where he said he would take Haskins over Watson. I've reread the tread twice now and can't find it but might have over looked it. You used that statement to basically say "you win". I just never saw that...

Anyone who thinks a team that does not have a starting QB, 12 picks in the upcoming draft ( 5 highly rated qbs in said draft, multiple mid range qbs with talent) and feels the team should wait another year......seriously shows a complete lack of understanding.
You missed the point. What if the value isnt there for whatever QB's are on the board when we draft? Are you saying we draft one anyway? What if Rosen improves and our coaches evaluate his chances of being our guy is a better chance than the rookies in the draft? You still draft a QB? I think it's you Scotty that "missed the point"...The thread was presented asking a specific question regarding players already being drafted, not offering the value we want, or other issues impacting us liking Rosen enough to draft a QB later in the draft altogether.:
"For the sake of argument, what if the Dolphins didn't find the player or value they wanted at QB in rounds 1 or 2 next draft? Maybe it's because they like Rosen more than it appears, or because they just have so many needs that BPA just mandates picking something else..."

Last edited:
And how salty would fans feel if New England ends up taking him with 31st or 32nd pick? If he slips late in the first that needs to be Miami's pick.
I'd be shocked if we pass on him late in Round one unless his injury situation is grim (recovery wise).

Back
Top Bottom