WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft?

I can’t even begin to fathom what is going on in your head. If Tua is taken in the 2nd, we have regressed? Did we not learn anything from Drew Brees. I’m sorry but Tua in the second is far and beyond worth the risk. I’d even argue with our 3rd pick assuming he’s coming along he’s worth the risk.
From what Ive heard, he's gonna miss the combine, IF he's even declared for the draft. So, how do we know if he's "coming along"?

Chase Young Edge,, Andrew Thomas OL,, Tristan Wirfs OL,, Kristian Fulton Corner,, Isaiah Simmons Safety,, Grant Delpit Safety
I would like a few of these good men

Man that’s dream stuff pretty much agreed with Jesus you added in :)

I have to say it’s making me think we need to hold out for Lawrence / Fields (prefer Lawrence)

Yeah you’re right Danny my heart ruled over my head for a moment I just like the kid think he’s great to watch
Oh he's a good player. If we were one or two players away and one was a WR then you'd have to consider him but as we both know, we're a bunch of players away....lol

I can’t even begin to fathom what is going on in your head. If Tua is taken in the 2nd, we have regressed? Did we not learn anything from Drew Brees. I’m sorry but Tua in the second is far and beyond worth the risk. I’d even argue with our 3rd pick assuming he’s coming along he’s worth the risk.
Ill enlighten you into my thought process: Tua suffered a potentially career-ending injury. No one knows if he can recover, therefore there is a substantial risk involved with drafting him. Couple that with historical evidence with these major hip injuries typically being career ending, Id say if he does cone back there's a non-trivial probability he becomes gun-shy about getting hit, especially since drafting him with any of our 1sts or 2nds means one less great OL blocker.

Simply put, while the doctors are saying he's going to recover, Id not waste a high-value pick on him. Maybe late 3 or 4, but even still he may never reach the field.

My 1st guess would be that means Miami is good with Rosen in '20 and thinks they can win with him. There will be NO tank in '20. The only qualification would be a top FA QB, but I have doubts about that. And, I have to add, I'm inclined Miami WILL take a QB on day 1.

Given that, top need positions are pass rush, OL, secondary . . . although those positions may change after cuts/trades/FA/. Lower need positions can come through FA. Even then, drafting ONE QB shouldn't change draft needs/targets on day 1 by much
I dont know Dolphins can win w Rosen. Have not showed nothing in nfl. To say what he can do???? I agree w rest of statement...

Well if you would take Dwayne Haskins over Deshaun Watson I think this conversation is pretty much over.
This is funny because by your account it matters what College they went to, so you won’t mind just keeping Rosen instead of drafting any QB because he came from the same school as Troy Aikman.
Hell, Texas Tech hadn’t produced any NFL QBs until Mahomes, so that argument is dead in the water.

Last edited:
Ill enlighten you into my thought process: Tua suffered a potentially career-ending injury. No one knows if he can recover, therefore there is a substantial risk involved with drafting him. Couple that with historical evidence with these major hip injuries typically being career ending, Id say if he does cone back there's a non-trivial probability he becomes gun-shy about getting hit, especially since drafting him with any of our 1sts or 2nds means one less great OL blocker.

Simply put, while the doctors are saying he's going to recover, Id not waste a high-value pick on him. Maybe late 3 or 4, but even still he may never reach the field.

Lol so you’re going to pass on a potential generational talent for some bum linemen that probably has just as much of a chance as flopping because they have half the talent that Tua has. I get your argument for our first its a lot to risk but once that second round hits if you have a chance to pick up a talent like Tua, you do it. The only way I don’t take Tua in the second is if he’s in a wheel chair and can’t walk come draft time. A linemen isn’t going to make or break a franchise, a qb like Tua will. Not to mention you can get linemen in free agency, good ones hit the market each year, qb’s like Tua don’t, injuries or not.

Back
Top Bottom