WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT IF? What if the Dolphins do not pick a QB in round 1 or 2 next draft?

I’d rather have Justin Fields.

Same. I don’t want the FO to blow a pick on a guy they can “work with”. We can work with Rosen, doesn‘t mean that he is a star, which is what we need. Fields is looking like the real deal so far. I like guys like Fields and Lawrence who were 5 star blue chippers in high school that have gone to college and excelled. Bodes very well for translating to the NFL.

We dont have to draft qb This yr. Need fix that oline first. We can pick up free agent qb.
until we are ready get qb they want.

We should come out of this draft taking a QB at the very least in the second round. If it's beyond the second so be it but we need to bring in fresh QB blood.

LOL … good luck getting a straight answer OP …

For the sake of argument I... Prefaced by I'm not familiar with the names ...

Round 1
DE, CB and OL
Round 2
RB,LB

If available I would look at Hurts if not available I would go OL afterward … if neither is available or suits my fancy I would look at TE/WR

My hopes would be we picked up OL and DE in FA to go along with my picks … hoping to shore up the OL and strengthen the pass rush

For the sake of argument, what if the Dolphins didn't find the player or value they wanted at QB in rounds 1 or 2 next draft? Maybe it's because they like Rosen more than it appears, or because they just have so many needs that BPA just mandates picking something else...

- Which players or positions do you think our top 5 picks (Rounds 1-2) would be?
- If the dolphins did pick a QB in later rounds, who do you think they would like rounds 3-7?

I'd like to hear your thoughts...

My 1st guess would be that means Miami is good with Rosen in '20 and thinks they can win with him. There will be NO tank in '20. The only qualification would be a top FA QB, but I have doubts about that. And, I have to add, I'm inclined Miami WILL take a QB on day 1.

Given that, top need positions are pass rush, OL, secondary . . . although those positions may change after cuts/trades/FA/. Lower need positions can come through FA. Even then, drafting ONE QB shouldn't change draft needs/targets on day 1 by much

I would be shocked. I guess that would mean that Josh Rosen lit it up in the final few games of the season. I'm assuming he gets the last four starts. Or, perhaps, the team went in an entirely different direction maybe signing Teddy Bridgewater or trading for Cam Newton. Something along those lines.

Chase Young Edge,, Andrew Thomas OL,, Tristan Wirfs OL,, Kristian Fulton Corner,, Isaiah Simmons Safety,, Grant Delpit Safety
I would like a few of these good men
Got to think it would be Young or Thomas if either one falls to Miami's spot.

I like Tua the person and competitor. His accuracy and play making skills are pretty solid. I think he will be a leader and great team player. I have always been concerned with his lack of speed on the pro level (game moves faster) and now that he has had significant injuries on both ankles and the hip I'm also concerned with his health on the pro level.

I'd much rather pursue other players in the draft - DE Chase Young in particular - high in the draft. If we can grab Tua with our second or third 1st rounder that would be more interesting.
If Miami could get Young and circle back and still get Tua that would be a fantastic start to the draft. In that sense, perhaps the Tua injury could be a blessing in disguise in that the Dolphins can now likely stand pat and still get him. Of course, that also depends on his rehab, how far along he is etc.

I honestly don’t see us keeping our 1st round pick unless Chase Young or Justin Herbert are on the board (assuming it’s a top 4 pick). I think the potential value from a trade down would entice Grier if the top 2 QBs and Young are gone when we pick. I know people have mixed opinions on Herbert, but Ross apparently likes him and after the whole Lamar Jackson situation I could see him stepping in.

If we don't take one this year then the plan should be to let Fitz go, sign Brian Hoyer and go into next year with full tank mode and get Lawrence.

I cant take another season like this one. I dont think Ross will allow that either. Fitz>Hoyer

See, same old tune of tanking because "tanking" worked so well for us this season.

I question if we fans actually deserve a winner when we can't learn from simple mistakes.
Well everyone should have known tanking wouldn't work this year. When Ross said, if we have to go 3-13 or 4-12 to improve the team, we figured we were going to tank...then Cincy said "hold my beer" and hired Zac Taylor.

Besides, this year wasn't about tanking to move up in the draft necessarily...it was more about clearing cap space, fixing the salaries and building something from the ground up. There were no guarantees Tua was coming out, or what QBs would show themselves to be viable NFL players. Last year everyone expected Justin Herbert to enter the draft and he returned to Oregon for his senior season. If the draft ever became about one player, then this front office would have already lost before the draft had even begun.

Back
Top Bottom