What kicks ass about this site? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What kicks ass about this site?

I have yet to see one ad on this forum. Now, due to some of your avatars and signature picks, I may just turn off auto picture loading.
No one has to see an add if they don't want to see an add. It's called ABP and a Firefox browser.

This site costs money to run. If you dont contribute fine... but dont gloat about it.

If you go to other AFC East sites.....BillsZone, Gang Green, Patriots Planet, and compare their weak content to what the Dolphins have on FH, there is no comparison. People like CK and others break things down better than at other sites. Great info here regarding the draft, free agents, salary caps, coaches, and the latest happenings for the Phins. I would say FH is in the Top Five as far as NFL fan sites. The mods here also allow opposing fans (like NYJunc) to speak freely.....try making a negative comment about the Bills, Jets or Pats on their sites and you get banned.

If you go to other AFC East sites.....BillsZone, Gang Green, Patriots Planet, and compare their weak content to what the Dolphins have on FH, there is no comparison. People like CK and others break things down better than at other sites. Great info here regarding the draft, free agents, salary caps, coaches, and the latest happenings for the Phins. I would say FH is in the Top Five as far as NFL fan sites. The mods here also allow opposing fans (like NYJunc) to speak freely.....try making a negative comment about the Bills, Jets or Pats on their sites and you get banned.

Man that is so true, i got banned after 2 posts on ganggreen................:lol:

Yes this site is very tolerant of a mixture of opinions, which gives this site a certain personality and character, unlike other sites. I guess certain members get touchy about their teams, but I like to hear both sides of the story.

d-1

great forum overall.

one suggestion i have is give users the ability to have a setting to load more than 10 posts per page. i know you can do it by going thru "print thread" then show all posts but thats 2 unnecessary clicks.

Go to user settings. You can change it. I see 40 posts per page.

edit: silverfin beat me to it.

It's a great site to connect, share and get info/thoughts when news out lets are slow. It's also nice to get fan views rather than reporter threads. The worst thing about the site is it's battle to be good while the Dolphins are not. A winning product fixes many things. A lot of the threads we don't like would be gone if things were better in Miami. Hopefully the site rocks in 2013.

Nice place to talk dolphin football with other dolphins fans, i dont mind the ads, i just keep the volume tab on low.

Regarding the posts per page limit, I tried changing mine to 20 and it gave me this VBulletin error message :ponder:

[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] A required field called Panic Button - URL Jump is missing or has an invalid value.

I know I don't post a ton, but I honestly come to this site multiple times a day. I love reading what many of you post, and love how fast Fins news is reported on here. Guys like CK, WV, Vaark, Nublar, and countless others - sorry, not trying to leave a bunch of you out - make this site entertaining and informative. I honestly love coming here...And it doesn't matter what time of year it is, I will be a daily fixture here at FH. You can count on that.

Edit: I just signed up for VIP. Been meaning to do it for awhile now. This thread just gave me the extra urge to do it. Looking forward to the next year here!

My favorite thing about this site is how quickly breaking news is posted. Since I live in Virginia I'm obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to hearing about all the stuff that goes on in Miami regarding the Dolphins but since this site has been a part of my life since 2004, I've been in the know. I appreciate the site for being very informative and I like a lot of the guys here.

Just 2 complaints would be the fact that we can't cuss (we're adults, we should be allowed to voice our dirty mouths) :)

I also think we need more rules when it comes to people being able to create threads.

My football knowledge is way above where it would be had I never found this site. Ive been here since I was 15, so I guess you could say this site raised me :lol:

Love this site because its easy to find all of the Dolphin Material i want to read... Plus the good looking ladies in avatars don't hurt either. LOL

Back
Top Bottom