What position should we target in next years draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position should we target in next years draft?

Here's what I received on the suspensions for the game this weekend.

UNC has declared six players on the football team ineligible for Saturday's game for violating school and/or NCAA rules. UNC is also withholding at least six other players from Saturday's game while the investigation continues.

The six ineligible players include: DT Marvin Austin, CB Charles Brown, CB Kendric Burney, WR Greg Little, DE Michael McAdoo and DE Robert Quinn.

The six other players who will be withheld from the game include: RB Shaun Draughn, DE Linwan Euwell, Safety Brian Gupton, RB Ryan Houston, Safety Da'Norris Searcy and Safety Jonathan Smith.

So there you have it. So far it's 12 players out for the game, could be more.

3 more players have been added to the list. LB Quan Sturdivant, LB Bruce Carter and Safety Deunta Williams.

cornerback,a nice lockdown fast cover corner, offensive tackle, outside linebacker. i dont like the misi pick and wake will be pushing 30. inside linebacker. get someone better and more versatile then crowder. center. berger isnt strong enough, grove is old and overpayed. safety. strong or free, not just speed though, a playmaker, and no more in-the-box guys at safety. tight end obviously. and lastly wide receiver, i think we can still do better then hartline/bess, depending how moore/wallace do

After this whole mess with Grove and Berger, I'm thinking Miami needs a C as well.
I was thinking the same thing. The Dolphins look to pick fairly late in the first round -- that's the hope anyway. So players like Pouncey, Wisniewski, or O'Dowd could be real possibilities as late first rounders or early/mid 2nd rounders if the Dolphins trade down. Miami doesn't appear to be happy with Jake Grove and I don't think Joe Berger is a long-term solution there. As of now, though, with Sean Smith struggling CB could quickly become the #1 need.

Williams is an astonishingly instinctive and productive runner for such a young kid... but he has a few issues that he needs to clean up first or they will haunt him at the next level... pretty solid 1st rounder if he comes out...

The only senior backs that I would consider myself REALLY enamored with is Allen Bradford and Anthony Allen... but I do like Damien Berry and Delone Carter in that next tier.. along with Robert Hughes, and I'm going to keep a close eye on Mario Fannin this year... I want to see how Malzahn uses him...

The junior RB class is where it's at for me... Of course Quizz, but I also like Montel Harris, Jermaine Thomas, and Brandon Bolden...

Dion Lewis is a *sophomore* but I think he'll be draft eligible... kid is an "undersized" workhorse in the Quizz Rodgers mold...

I don't really have an order or list in which I like guys right now.... I just have certain guys that I know I like and don't like...
I know his small, but what do you think of Noel Devine? He would seem like a nice compliment to a bigger back.

Devine would probably make a nice compliment to a bigger back, depending on the scheme... but I'm not nearly as head over heels for him as a lot of people are..

Actually, there's at least 3 backs just inside his own conference that I like better when projecting their skills to the NFL (Jordan Todman, Dion Lewis, and Delone Carter)..

I could live with a pick like Devine in the 3rd-4th round or so, but as far as small (5'7" - 190 pound-ish) backs go, I like Kendall Hunter and Quizz Rodgers better... maybe even Dennis Johnson too if he keeps it up... Hell, even Rodney Stewart..

I think there's potentially going to be quite a few of those smaller, very productive backs to choose from that are all very much cut from the same clothe.. (outside of Quizz Rodgers)...

Devine would probably make a nice compliment to a bigger back, depending on the scheme... but I'm not nearly as head over heels for him as a lot of people are..

Actually, there's at least 3 backs just inside his own conference that I like better when projecting their skills to the NFL (Jordan Todman, Dion Lewis, and Delone Carter)..

I could live with a pick like Devine in the 3rd-4th round or so, but as far as small (5'7" - 190 pound-ish) backs go, I like Kendall Hunter and Quizz Rodgers better... maybe even Dennis Johnson too if he keeps it up... Hell, even Rodney Stewart..

I think there's potentially going to be quite a few of those smaller, very productive backs to choose from that are all very much cut from the same clothe.. (outside of Quizz Rodgers)...
Thanks for the info. Who do you see as the best power backs coming out? Anyone like Barber out there?

Thanks for the info. Who do you see as the best power backs coming out? Anyone like Barber out there?

Allen Bradford.. Robert Hughes.. Anthony Allen... Delone Carter... Daniel Thomas... Evan Royster... Damien Berry...

Mark Ingram.. Jonathan Clay... and Jamie Harper (should these 3 declare early) are all backs that bring a certain element of "power" to their game that I'm particularly fond of...

They all bring something different to the table from each other in other aspects... some are pure power backs... some are power/slashers... some are power/speed... some are power/balanced..

Hey Slimm what do you think of Leonard Hankerson? Kid's going to be a stud at the next level imo. I'm a big fan of players who get better each year of college, and Hankerson certainly fits that mold. With his current stats he's on track to get 78 catches, 1230 yards, 12 TD's with a 15.8 YPC. He's been very impressive so far, and that trend of getting better each year looks to continue. I think he has all the tools to be a very good WR at the next level. Is a very mature player/person also.

I actually like Hankerson and the improvements he's made as far as catching the ball more consistently... His drops is something that always stuck with me... he seems to have corrected that.

He's firmly in my top 5 SENIOR WR prospects.... but I see him as more of a #2 type receiver in the NFL. Very efficient at exploiting zone coverages but won't destroy man coverage against top tier NFL DB's... Very effective at running the intermediate routes and can get behind coverage better than you think...

Hankerson creates seperation consistently... that alone puts him above a LOT of receivers in college football... If he gets hot, he can be the type of WR that you have to game plan for...

I view Hankerson a lot like I did Brandon Lafell, I think they're very, very similar WR prospects, and Hankerson will probably end up carrying about the same grade for me as Lafell did... borderline 2nd round-solid 3rd round area..

allen bradford barely got the rock last night...seems like he's buried on the depth chart or something...i don't get it

I actually like Hankerson and the improvements he's made as far as catching the ball more consistently... His drops is something that always stuck with me... he seems to have corrected that.

He's firmly in my top 5 SENIOR WR prospects.... but I see him as more of a #2 type receiver in the NFL. Very efficient at exploiting zone coverages but won't destroy man coverage against top tier NFL DB's... Very effective at running the intermediate routes and can get behind coverage better than you think...

Hankerson creates seperation consistently... that alone puts him above a LOT of receivers in college football... If he gets hot, he can be the type of WR that you have to game plan for...

I view Hankerson a lot like I did Brandon Lafell, I think they're very, very similar WR prospects, and Hankerson will probably end up carrying about the same grade for me as Lafell did... borderline 2nd round-solid 3rd round area..

I think Hankerson can become a good #1 at the next level. He has all the tools. Size, speed, route running/seperation, maturity. His biggest problem was the drops as you said, we'll see if those disappear this year. I would put a 2nd round grade on him. I would imagine he goes in that late 2nd-early 3rd area you put him at with all the WR talent in this draft. If he's there when we pick in the 3rd (highly doubtful imo) I don't see any reason to pass him up. Hell I may take him in the 2nd depending on how late we pick, and how Chris Clemons and some other factors play out. I think he's a better prospect than Lafell though I wasn't much of a fan of his last year.

It should be a Tight End and a Center. I am not pleased with our interior line play and is seems Berger is more of a pass blocker than a run blocker.

u take the best player available from the positions of need, CB, TE, WR, ILB.

Allen Bradford.. Robert Hughes.. Anthony Allen... Delone Carter... Daniel Thomas... Evan Royster... Damien Berry...

Mark Ingram.. Jonathan Clay... and Jamie Harper (should these 3 declare early) are all backs that bring a certain element of "power" to their game that I'm particularly fond of...

They all bring something different to the table from each other in other aspects... some are pure power backs... some are power/slashers... some are power/speed... some are power/balanced..
Had a chance to look at Allen Bradford's Youtube highlights. He definitely breaks a lot of tackles and has the size the Dolphins like (looks like Ronnie Brown in build). Will start checking out the others as well. Don't get much chance these days to watch college football so I really appreciate coming here and getting good information.

Back
Top Bottom