What punishment WILL the Pasts receive | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What punishment WILL the Pasts receive

I thought Ted Wells or someone is heading up the investigation? So how is Roger supposed to be in conflict if he's at the home of one of his bosses. People know the owners pay Goodell's salary right? The only people he has to make happy, and answer to are them. Not the media or the NFLPA or anyone. Just as long as their investments keep rising in value and profitability.

Besides, it wouldn't matter who does this investigation. Nothing short of crucifying the Patriots will do for most people. Regardless of what the facts are.

The whole this is a massive sham to me. Teams whining like little bitches because they can't beat them.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

In 2006 Manning and Brady successfully lobbied the league to start allowing visiting teams to bring 12 of their own balls to the games instead of the home team proving all of them. The next year, that practice was implemented. Funny how that coincides with a sudden and drastic reduction in the number of fumbles the Patriots had between 2006 and 2007. And how since 2007, the only teams that had less fumbles were Dome teams and since 2010 NOT EVEN DOME TEAMS had fewer fumbles.

I don't care if they can't find a "smoking gun", those balls are under the custody of the team therefore Belicheat should be held responsible because its his team.

EVERY team has custody of their balls. Eli Manning takes 5 DAYS in preparing this balls.

I thought Ted Wells or someone is heading up the investigation? So how is Roger supposed to be in conflict if he's at the home of one of his bosses. People know the owners pay Goodell's salary right? The only people he has to make happy, and answer to are them. Not the media or the NFLPA or anyone. Just as long as their investments keep rising in value and profitability.

Besides, it wouldn't matter who does this investigation. Nothing short of crucifying the Patriots will do for most people. Regardless of what the facts are.

The whole this is a massive sham to me. Teams whining like little bitches because they can't beat them.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

EVERY team has custody of their balls. Eli Manning takes 5 DAYS in preparing this balls.

If I'm reading this right, you are saying that the fact that the Patriots, a team with a proven history of cheating, fumble approximately 50% less than the next closest team, and the fact that this pattern started the first year that teams began bringing their own balls to away games is merely a coincidence and completely innocent. Yeah, okay... And I've got a gorgeous bridge to sell ya in the everglades my friend.

This is really all about the coach of the colts being a sore loser.

His team got trounced by the pats twice and this is how he deals with it.

I would not put it past them to tamper with the balls, but it is far from conclusive that anything was done.

If the acceptable range for inflated footballs is 12.5 to 13.5, and the Colts inflated theirs to 13.5, and the balls lost a pound of pressure, their balls would still be at 12.5

If the pats only inflated to 12.5, theirs would be under. If the refs re-inflated the balls on the field where the temps were the same, then there should not have been any more loss due to a temp change.

It is BS no matter how you look at it.

Regardless....the balls are checked prior to gametime for Psi and must be 12.5-13.5 Psi to be legal.

By halftime 11 of 12 Patriot balls were deflated or 2 pounds less than the rules....the Colts 12 were good. That is tampering and breaking the rules period.

Some of you apologists need to learn what your talking about before you post.

This halftime inspection was initiated due to the Ravens complaining of deflated Patriot balls the week before....it was going to happen anyway.

The Patriots were caught once again breaking the rules.......its like groundhog day with them.

This is really all about the coach of the colts being a sore loser.

His team got trounced by the pats twice and this is how he deals with it.

I would not put it past them to tamper with the balls, but it is far from conclusive that anything was done.

If the acceptable range for inflated footballs is 12.5 to 13.5, and the Colts inflated theirs to 13.5, and the balls lost a pound of pressure, their balls would still be at 12.5

If the pats only inflated to 12.5, theirs would be under. If the refs re-inflated the balls on the field where the temps were the same, then there should not have been any more loss due to a temp change.

It is BS no matter how you look at it.

Whats BS is Patriot apologist who are ok with cheaters.

The Patriots balls were approximately 2 pounds under...or 10.5....not 11.5.

Those balls didn't deflate that much that quickly without a needle going in them.

Sell crazy someplace else.

Whats BS is Patriot apologist who are ok with cheaters.

The Patriots balls were approximately 2 pounds under...or 10.5....not 11.5.

Those balls didn't deflate that much that quickly without a needle going in them.

Sell crazy someplace else.

Have you ever played football?

Anywhere, in a park or where ever. Can you honestly say that the ball pressure is something that you would

EVER

bring up if you lost a game?

Regardless....the balls are checked prior to gametime for Psi and must be 12.5-13.5 Psi to be legal.

By halftime 11 of 12 Patriot balls were deflated or 2 pounds less than the rules....the Colts 12 were good. That is tampering and breaking the rules period.

Some of you apologists need to learn what your talking about before you post.

This halftime inspection was initiated due to the Ravens complaining of deflated Patriot balls the week before....it was going to happen anyway.

The Patriots were caught once again breaking the rules.......its like groundhog day with them.

Exactly, they were in the Patriots possession and they were found to be under-inflated. No matter how it happened, or who is responsible, it happened. I assume the leader takes the fall, BB.

I'm sure a handfull of lower level people will get the chop as a sacrafice. Ball boys, equipment managers, etc...

NFL likely takes a first rounder from the Pats and fines them a few million (not that it really matters).

Then the NFL during the off-season tightens up the regulations and rules for ball prep, etc.

At the end of the day, Brady and Bilicheat walk clean, Kraft pays chump change in penalties in exchange for another Super Bowl.

The thing is...

it's like pass interference.

That is cheating, but if the refs don't call it corners do it ALL THE TIME.

If you speed you are technically a criminal, this is a GAME we are talking about.

If it happened the refs need to inflate the ball, that is IT. If they were caught doing it deliberately then a penalty or fine is in order.

It is part of the game. The refs have to enforce the rules. If the NFL knew and tried to catch the pats, then they should have kept it quiet until/unless they had it FILMED or they managed to catch them in the act

The reputation of the league has really declined under Goodells's stewardship. He should have been fired after the Ray Rice debacle.
He will probably overlook Bellichicks claimed ignorance, even though he gave Sean Payton no such benefit of the doubt.
ya but, perhaps Payton should have control over assistant coaches putting bounties on players and likely "what happens to the balls after inspection" is not part of a coaches control.
I see that as the thing here. If the balls were checked by the officials how do you pin the coach.

I might not understand the process of what happens after the balls are checked. Little discussion there.

Have you ever played football?

Anywhere, in a park or where ever. Can you honestly say that the ball pressure is something that you would

EVER

bring up if you lost a game?

Yes I played up to the high school level....and if someone breaks the rules they pay the penalty.

Clearly Peter King...who normally is in love with the patriots understands this situation better than many of you Patriot Apologists:

Now that Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have both denied any wrongdoing in this story, and with the league building a case against someone or some entity, it’s highly unlikely there will be some resolution by early in the week—and the league is not suspending the coach or the quarterback of one of the Super Bowl contestants during the week of preparation for the game. I do expect the league, barring the unlikely scenario of a rogue ball boy acting without knowledge of anyone in the organization, to come down hard on the Patriots. But without clear proof of who did what and when it was done, and especially in an environment in which the NFL would get fricasseed for getting the party at fault wrong, that’s likely to be at some point after the Super Bowl.
The condition of the footballs on Sunday is coming into clarity.

This is significant, because it takes weather-as-a-factor out of the possible reasons why New England’s footballs could have lost air while the balls on Indianapolis’ sidelines would have stayed fully inflated. I am told reliably that:
The 12 footballs used in the first half for New England, and the 12 footballs used by the Colts, all left the officials’ locker room before the game at the prescribed pressure level of between 12.5 pounds per square inch and 13.5 psi.
All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge at halftime. I am told either 11 or 12 of New England’s footballs (ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported it was 11, and I hear it could have been all 12) had at least two pounds less pressure in them. All 12 Indianapolis footballs were at the prescribed level.
All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge after the game. All 24 checked at the correct pressure—which is one of the last pieces of the puzzle the league needed to determine with certainty that something fishy happened with the Patriots footballs, because the Colts’ balls stayed correctly inflated for the nearly four hours. There had been reports quoting atmospheric experts that cold weather could deflate footballs. But if the Patriots’ balls were all low, and the Colts’ balls all legit, that quashes that theory.
The conclusion: There is little doubt the New England footballs were tampered with by a human.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/23/deflat...per-bowl-xlix/

Enough of the apologists.....even Peter King gets that.

Back
Top Bottom