What side of the ball are you most interested in? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What side of the ball are you most interested in?

Which side of the ball are you most interested in this year?

• Defense

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Offense

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
tempD5B_2484--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempBD5_4975--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempD5B_2630--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Good morning brothers! I am excited to see what the youth infusion with the veterans on Defense can do this year. I think Godchaux and Taylor will be great additions to this defensive line. This side of the ball has my interest more than the offense. I just wanted to see what the thoughts were here. Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Defense, because the offense's ability is capped by its mid-tier quarterback, and so the only room for significant improvement in 2017 comes on the defensive side of the ball.

That said, there is lots of room for improvement, as the team had perhaps the worst run defense in the league last year, and only an average pass defense. If that can improve to one of the best pass defenses in the league, coupled with at least an average run defense, the team may just pull off another 10-6 outcome.

Defense, because the offense's ability is capped by its mid-tier quarterback, and so the only room for significant improvement in 2017 comes on the defensive side of the ball.

That said, there is lots of room for improvement, as the team had perhaps the worst run defense in the league last year, and only an average pass defense. If that can improve to one of the best pass defenses in the league, coupled with at least an average run defense, the team may just pull off another 10-6 outcome.
Nice post bro. The defense could be some very good motivation for the offense. I am just excited to see a defense again that can get after it. Don't get me wrong there are still concerns at LB with Raekwon going down, but all in all we need to take steps forward. I am interested to see Coach Burke does compared to Coach Joseph.

Nice post bro. The defense could be some very good motivation for the offense. I am just excited to see a defense again that can get after it. Don't get me wrong there are still concerns at LB with Raekwon going down, but all in all we need to take steps forward. I am interested to see Coach Burke does compared to Coach Joseph.

I don't see the loss of McMillan as a huge concern, because there was only so much that should've been expected from a two-down rookie. That level of play will be approximated by someone like Hull, who has similar two-down skills at this point in his career, when compared to a rookie, and will likely make fewer rookie mistakes.

The more interesting question in my opinion is whether players like Godchaux, Hayes, and Timmons, combined, make the big difference needed in the run defense.

I don't see the loss of McMillan as a huge concern, because there was only so much that should've been expected from a two-down rookie. That level of play will be approximated by someone like Hull, who has similar two-down skills at this point in his career, when compared to a rookie, and will likely make fewer rookie mistakes.

The more interesting question in my opinion is whether players like Godchaux, Hayes, and Timmons, combined, make the big difference needed in the run defense.
I think it does and if Fede lives up to the preseason hype as well. You have a better quality of player rotating in the lineup. Also it will be interesting to see if Godchaux can be a welcomed surprise starting next to Suh.

I think the offense is pretty much set, outside of the starting o-line. But it's the defense as a whole and Matt Burke as the coordinator that have my attention. I think there is potential for both being total bust and for great success. A case can be made for both situations. The defense seems improved with the addition of Hayes along the d-line; Godchaux has been an enormous find and seems to be the exact type of DT the team needed playing along side of Suh. The LB's are the only real concern and was looking much improved until McMillan went down. Finding a capable replacement is the big question. The secondary seems better, in spite of the loss of one of its main cogs to injury. I've liked what I've seen from Tankersley in the 2 pre season games, so far. He's played with better tackling skills than I was expecting. He's also played the ball well in the few times he's had to cover down the field. These were the 2 big issues he had coming in. Hopefully his apparently improved play in both those situations is due to better coaching, but more importantly better commitment on his part. I have my fingers crossed the defense will make a marked improvement over what we've seen for the past few years. I look forward to seeing McDonald teamed up with Jones later this year, as well, that could be fun to watch.

The addition of Hayes will be huge.

Add him with Timmons and a healthy Reshad our run D will be better than last season.

X developing into a #1 corner is already taking place and will move Maxwell back into the spot that got him some money. That's gonna bolster the pass D easily.

Defense all the way!

1) Because if they got their act together last season who know how far we would have gone.
2) See #1, I curious to see with a few new players, new DC and time in the same system if they will improve.

Unfortunate we have all these injuries.

If the offense stumbles and has a let how this season I don't think anyone is going to be surprised. Tough to lose a starting QB and expect the same level or better production. The Patriots maybe the only team in the league that's built to perform lke that.

Before Ryan went down I would have said the defense because thought was the O was mostly set except the OL.

At this point- probably equally intrigued to see what happens on both sides of the ball. The rookies could really make an impact on the defensive side of the ball- will see.

Defense, but I like our offense more than our defense. With pro bowlers at RB and WR, and a lot of talent at TE and WR, and an offensive guru at coach, our offense could be very explosive.

I'm more interested in our defense because we have more room for improvement there. It was epically bad last year, and we still made the playoffs. If we see vast improvement on defense this team can be really good. There is reason to believe we will be better with the additions of 5 draft picks, Hayes, Timmons, TJ, and getting Jones back. We had lost Maxwell and Howard for big chunks last year, and I think they have the potential to be special. Then of course we have 3 guys that are potential all pros, in Wake, Suh, and Jones. These three need to elevate everyone around them. I don't expect a top 5 defense, but I'm hopeful there is a lot of improvement this season.

I said defense because the o line has me terrified again. I think it will be broken until they decide to really fix it.

I just want to see some balance. We've either been an offensive or defensive team since I've been alive. Being competent on both sides of the ball would be a welcomed change.

We'll see how it carries over, but the run D of the top-2 units looked better than last season. LB's and Safeties were filling gaps, DE's were setting the edge, and DT's weren't getting blown off the ball or running themselves out of their gaps.

We'll see how it carries over, but the run D of the top-2 units looked better than last season. LB's and Safeties were filling gaps, DE's were setting the edge, and DT's weren't getting blown off the ball or running themselves out of their gaps.

A few people have been saying this for a while . . . if the D can climb to "average," it will help the team A LOT.

Back
Top Bottom