What side of the ball are you most interested in? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What side of the ball are you most interested in?

Which side of the ball are you most interested in this year?

• Defense

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Offense

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Positive grades for tank and verner in this one too. Tank continues to tackle. Lots of ball skills and awareness in this cornerback group this year.

Could verner unseat McCain for the starting nickel? Me thinks it's possible. If he gets the start in nickel Thursday i think we will have our answer.

Positive grades for tank and verner in this one too. Tank continues to tackle. Lots of ball skills and awareness in this cornerback group this year.

Could verner unseat McCain for the starting nickel? Me thinks it's possible. If he gets the start in nickel Thursday i think we will have our answer.
Hoops, Tankersley has been quite the surprise so far. I love his improved ability to tackle and his closing speed on the throws in front of him. He's shown an unexpected willingness to tackle so far. I think he's got a real chance to contribute some this season, and that's saying something, because we all thought he'd be getting a red shirt Year. Verner has proven to be a surprisingly good addition and am excited about his potential within this defense. The sad part is the injury to Lippett. I'm hopeful he'll be able to come back from that injury. It's not a good injury for CB's considering the are usually in back pedal for a good portion of the game, that can wreck havoc on an archilles.

Last edited:

I think McCain is still ahead of him in the defense coaches eyes, but I'm glad we have a backup to turn to other than M. Thomas.

I think McCain is still ahead of him in the defense coaches eyes, but I'm glad we have a backup to turn to other than M. Thomas.

maybe you are right but McCain carries a top 5 low player im going to war with grade in the ravens game. Admittedly though in limited play opportunities. Pretty bad missed drop out zone tackle on 3rd down

I totally agree with you though that Miami needed more slot carry coverage option than micheal thomas. Absolutely

Nice post. Defense for me because of the new players mentioned by many others, but also because I want to see Gase put his stamp on that side of the ball.

As a coach, Gase seems to be someone who can motivate, teach and hopefully make the kind of changes that can have an impact. We've seen that somewhat with the offense in year one and the pieces are coming together there, although certainly the injury to Tannehill sets the team back a bit.

I want to see if the team gets away from the Wide 9 sets, what changes are made to improve the running defense in terms of schemes etc.

I will say that I like the emphasis in the offseason to add physical players. That was obviously needed and I want to see how that affects the team on both sides of the ball, although the major changes there were made on the defense.

Good morning Bro. Do you believe it is still going to be that way when the season starts? Perhaps we aren't showing too much right now.

I do. There's only minimal changes from last year and there is only so much that our scheme has to offer. It is very limited.

Not taking anything away from the defense, but I am most interested on our offense because I think we will have to put up some serious points for us to win this year. I think it will take some time, but if Cutler can stay healthy I think we can really crank up the point production as the season wears on and he gets more comfortable with the supporting cast. Not thrilled about our OL, but we are loaded for bear at WR, and I have very high expectations for Ajayi and Drake.

The side of the ball that crosses the goal line...jk

The offense...it has the potential to be explosive...curious to see if Cutler can save his legacy under Gase...I think he can, it feels right.

Back
Top Bottom