What side of the ball are you most interested in? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What side of the ball are you most interested in?

Which side of the ball are you most interested in this year?

• Defense

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Offense

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
I think Pouncey will be fine with a light practice regimen, as long as he's doing the conditioning work he should be good. In season practices are not really that rigorous, more about getting the reps and getting technique refined. Pouncey can get all of the mental reps and be in all of the meetings, and at this stage in his career his technique will be just fine. I'm not saying he can completely ignore the technique side, but practicing smart instead of hard should get the job done.
Yes but I'm talking about will he get winded by the 3rd quater as he's not doing much all week? Of course I'm hoping for the best but I'm not holding my breath and still, who's starting at LG? Will Tunsil be as good as we hope at LT? Just lots of questions

Ozzy rules!!

Yes but I'm talking about will he get winded by the 3rd quater as he's not doing much all week? Of course I'm hoping for the best but I'm not holding my breath and still, who's starting at LG? Will Tunsil be as good as we hope at LT? Just lots of questions

Ozzy rules!!

Agreed on questions about LG and Tunsil, only time will tell on those fronts.

As I said earlier, I'm sure conditioning will be a part of Pouncey's weekly regimen, just need to keep him away from any unnecessary contact. Even still, it's hard to think that he will play all 16, just hoping for the best.

Jakeem grant has dbs bailing all over the place in coverage. They are scared shitless of his speed. We can run vertical stop routes vs off with him an awful lot. These dbs are bailing out big time. Weakness however getting off press. Gets engulfed.

Perry looks the most interesting of the possible 4th rb in house options. Nice kick return nice td run. Looks like he's got some wiggle to him

Last edited:
The way tj attacked that 3rd down missed tackle by bobby McCain is exactly how I want to see a safety rally to the football. He came up there with im gonna run thru a wall to the ball mindset.

On a prior play hull is getting run over til tj comes up and puts a boss shoulder in the running back.

Excellent release vs press to stack the db by marquis gray when split wide. Fade pattern terrible throw. Gray just keeps showing growth

Should have been a td

Excellent release vs press to stack the db by marquis gray when split wide. Fade pattern terrible throw. Gray just keeps showing growth

Should have been a td

Like what I'm seeing with Gray, you can tell he used to play QB, he understands timing and positioning in his routes.

I'm seeing some good things on tape from these defensive players. Loving this tj McDonald signing. 2 deep rallying to the football in a hurry. Yes!

Godchaux showing gap quickness off the ball . Harris maintaining outside shoulder contain. Nice

Front 4 looks good

Hull looks no bueno thank god we did something about that

Gets engulfed loses vision on the football cause he can't see over the line.

Last edited:
I'm looking for great players to emerge. No concern if it's offense or defense. All these complimentary types who have been named in this thread are swell short term trivia but they don't really lead anywhere. Yeah, we got a tough veteran at left defensive end. Great.

Not too many logical places to look. Maybe Howard. He's got ability and attitude. Tunsil is obvious although he didn't look particularly interested last week.

I'm not as petrified about the offensive line as most fans. There will be a noticeable uptick once James returns and everybody is intense. We can't seem to handicap that unit well enough to get 10 or 12 competent guys out there, which is why the preseason is an annual disaster. Last year our backs couldn't get back to the line of scrimmage, making Ajayi look worse than he is and frustrating him.

If I had been news quarantined for 5 years and emerged just in time for someone to tell me Charles Harris was our 5th round pick, I wouldn't react at all. That's what he looks like out there as often as not. We didn't draft him for bull rushing.

Perhaps Harris has a gear he hasn't shown. I won't discount that completely.

The defensive line and specifically the run defense has badly underachieved for the past couple of seasons. The correlation between penetration and yards allowed has been way out of whack. So if we improve markedly there this season I'll assign it more to restored normalcy beyond any type of personnel magnificence.

Defense wins games and that's all I want, win games. Defense is my vote.

Ozzy rules!!

I think you and I are two the most worried about the OL on the site.

That and Im sick of having to think about it every year as a hugh question mark.

Can you image half of this by our OL? And to add insult to injury the score of out game is below that. Lol

I think you and I are two the most worried about the OL on the site.

That and Im sick of having to think about it every year as a hugh question mark.

Can you image half of this by our OL? And to add insult to injury the score of out game is below that. Lol

That oline carries that team. Not the qb not the running back that oline

That oline carries that team. Not the qb not the running back that oline
Dak still has to protect the ball. If nothing else you can give credit there

Back
Top Bottom