What size contract will Lamont Jordan command on the open free agent market? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What size contract will Lamont Jordan command on the open free agent market?

Maggot Brain

Trade Bait
Reaction score
My opinion on this guy has always been high and I think he has all the tools to be a top notch starting NFL RB. He has low mileage and has shown signs of stardom when giving the chance (I seem to remember he and Martin both hanging over a hundo on Miami last year). Regardless if the rumors are true about the Jets franchising Abraham, there's no way they'd slap a franchise tag on Jordan and have to pay a backup an average of the top five RB salaries. It's a dicey situtation for the Jets. Curtis Martin can't have many years left, and while they already have a perfect replacement for him on their roster, they'll have to pay him way more than a backup should make if they want to keep him. I know there are some other tags (transitional, ?) teams can designate players as that are less lucrative than franchise and perhaps the Jets are planning to do so. If not I think Miami should be all over this guy like ugly on your momma assuming they can clear enough cap room. Of all the backs that will potentially be available via free agency I think this guy brings just as much ability and possibly more upside with less risk than any of the others. That brings me back to my original question: what kind of contract do you think it would take to secure his services?

I like him also, all depends on how much he will play for. Remember we are now like the Pats in that we are not going to over pay for guys, they have to want to play for the team so the team can win.

Maggot Brain said:
. If not I think Miami should be all over this guy like ugly on your momma

bad attempt at a joke :shakeno: :shakeno:

He can't ask for the same contract Alexander or Edge would get. Those are proven Probowlers. He would get a 2nd tier contract, which would most likely put him in Miami's budget. I think he is a perfect fit for Miami......

It'd be nice to know what Saban's thinking.We can talk about all these players that we "think" could be good for us but we really don't know.Is fun to talk about it since is all we can do but we'll have to wait and see what Nick does. I can't wait for free agency just to see who we go after.In my opinion, Nick will go after a veteran QB first but other than that who knows what he'll do.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't know how much he will command, but I do believe that he will probably be the top priority on the Dolphins free agent wish list. Rick Spielman really loves this guy and tried to get him last year. I believe Rick, even if he doesn't have a long term future here, will try to get Nick Saban to make a play for LaMont Jordan.

Look for LaMont Jordan and Jonas Jennings to be on the top of the Dolphins wish list.

Personally, I think he's just a BIT better than Gordon is...he's a career backup that has shown signs of being pretty good...This team needs a marquis name running with the rock on Sundays.

Personally, I think he will get a 5-6 year deal worth about $1.5 million/year with about a $2-4 million signing bonus.

KB21 said:
I don't know how much he will command, but I do believe that he will probably be the top priority on the Dolphins free agent wish list. Rick Spielman really loves this guy and tried to get him last year. I believe Rick, even if he doesn't have a long term future here, will try to get Nick Saban to make a play for LaMont Jordan.

Look for LaMont Jordan and Jonas Jennings to be on the top of the Dolphins wish list.

I hope Jordan is TOP priority.

Back
Top Bottom