What the Miami Dolphins are doing as the NFL trade deadline nears | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Miami Dolphins are doing as the NFL trade deadline nears

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins apparently are trying to exchange players.

So what does this mean?

It means everyone on the Miami roster on the offensive side of the ball should be on notice: You might be gone or replaced before the team practices Wednesday.

Obviously there are some players who seem untouchable or unlikely to be moved. The Dolphins aren’t going to trade starting quarterback Jay Cutler and, really, no team is probably going to want him anyway. They’re not going to trade away center Mike Pouncey. Receiver Kenny Stills, a favorite of coach Adam Gase, is not going anywhere.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article181669136.html

Some interesting comments here but don't expect anything to happen with $600K left in the cap. Miami used to carry around $8 million in cap space every year...Tannenbaum has managed to use all that up.

Probably aren't going to get any takers. The NFL trade deadline is up there with the supplemental draft as far as hype vs actual substance which is usually close to zero. I've wasted a couple refreshing PFT all day only to see no trades.

Also Pouncey untouchable lol.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Landry keeps popping up in my mind. Not much progress was made on resigning him, and he would offer good value.

Pouncey being the leader of the offensive line has been the one constant throughout many years of suck.

He better not be untouchable. The more likely scenario is nobody would be willing to trade anything of value for him.

Well Parker coming back can help but the O-line is still the biggest weak area and Larsen(whenever he comes back) alone will not change that fact much. It's not like our LG is playing bad and everyone is doing fine. The whole line has been bad and a guy that has always been pretty much a back up is not going to change it much. Unless everyone start to play better, our run game will continue to struggle which in turn will continue to hurt the passing game

Ozzy rules!!

We're already leading the league in drops, why add to it? I wouldn't trade a draft pick for that. I might bring him in as a free agent next year after Detroit releases him.
Not any draft picks. I just wanna unload someone like a pouncey for a useful player.

Back
Top Bottom