What to expect if the Fins trade down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to expect if the Fins trade down

Fins2theend said:
Rodrique Wright is the best DT in the draft, he will not only be gone by the 3rd, but he will be gone by the 15th pick.

Yeah, no way in hell Wright is still there at the end of day 1(provided he stays healthy). He's top 10 on most boards, top 5 on some, and atleast top 15 on all.

just to add .02, i see the pick the chargers get from the giants getting better by the week. anybody else think the giants are winning another game?

Finz Fury said:
Sounds great but what teams do you really think may trade up and for who? Is there any one player who's value will be nearly as high as E.Mannings was for the Giants last year?

There are some franchise players in the upcoming draft which do not meet our positional needs.Antrelle Rolle,Michael Williams and especially Derrick Johnson who has been likened to Lawrence Taylor in impact

Rodrique Wright
clear.gif
Strengths: Great size...Excellent athletic ability with good speed and quickness...Very good strength...Has the potential to be a force stopping the run as well as rushing the passer...Still has a lot of upside.
Weaknesses: Needs to work on his technique...Plays too high and loses leverage...May have to either gain or lose some weight when it is determined whether he will be more of a one-gap or two-gap tackle.
Notes: Was an impact player right away as a true freshman...Has everything you look for in a premier defensive tackle and still has a high upside...Will be a high draft pick whenever he chooses to come out.

Very good post and informative.I never really knew that we could get that much by trading down.I say lets do it.

CrunchTime said:
La

No 3a Charlie Frye ,Dan Orlovsky or Campbell -QB
If we should pass on Leinert and Rodgers, I would like us to go after Stefan LeFors. Everytime I watch Louisville, LeFors seems to have big games...he seems to have all the leadership skills, even if he may only be around 6'0"

I hope that San Fran loses to Arizona this weekend so we can maybe get closer to the top pick.

Roman529 said:
If we should pass on Leinert and Rodgers, I would like us to go after Stefan LeFors. Everytime I watch Louisville, LeFors seems to have big games...he seems to have all the leadership skills, even if he may only be around 6'0"

I hope that San Fran loses to Arizona this weekend so we can maybe get closer to the top pick.

You can take two inches and 15 lbs off the college bios.LeFors is closer to 5'10" some say smaller.

College: Akron Height: 6-4
Position: Quarterback Weight: 228
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.6
pFrye_Charlie04-1.jpg
Strengths: Excellent leader and field general...Smart and tough...Good size...Good natural athleticism and speed...Durable...Accurate passer...Has been very productive...Combines top intangibles with good physical ability and measurables.
Weaknesses: Doesn't have a big arm...Needs to get stronger...Will birddog his receivers at times...Will make some mistakes by trying to force throws...Hasn't played against a lot of top teams so level of competition may be a concern.

Notes: Almost came out after his junior season and entered the 2004 NFL Draft where he was projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick...Could be the next great signal caller from the MAC, following in the footsteps of Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich and Ben Roethlisberger.

Im a UT fan and live in texas, and i heard on ABC during the A&M game that Wright told Mack he was staying his mom wants him to get the degree.

UTFan10 said:
Im a UT fan and live in texas, and i heard on ABC during the A&M game that Wright told Mack he was staying his mom wants him to get the degree.
Thanks for that info.Here is another DT that is highly rated.
Anttaj Hawthorne

College: Wisconsin Height: 6-3
Position: Defensive Tackle Weight: 305
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.9

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Has great size and long frame...Very strong...Has a lot of experience...Can be unblockable at times and almost forces offenses to devote two men to him...Can play the run as well as get after the quarterback...Has a good burst and good closing speed...Does a good job shedding blocks...Solid, reliable tackler.

Weaknesses: Has an inconsistent motor and can disappear for stretches...Doesn't have elite speed and quickness...Still relies on his natural talent too much.

Notes: A better prospect than Wendell Bryant was coming out of college...Erasmus James stole some of his thunder as a senior, but Hawthorne is one of the top defensive players in the draft.

Yes. A Trade back that could get us a DT in the top 16 picks and an OL in the top 32 would be a nice couple pickups that could help us shore things up.....

clear.gif
Ronnie Brown
College: Auburn Height: 6-1
Position: Running Back Weight: 224
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.45

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Very good size...Great speed...Excellent receiver out of the backfield...Very strong and runs hard...Has good balance...Displays good vision and hits the hole hard...Can run over defenders or run away from them.
Weaknesses: Never had the opportunity to be the main ball carrier in college...Not real shifty...Has had some minor injuries problems and durability might be a question mark...Not an explosive runner.

Notes: Overshadowed by Cadillac Williams but may in fact be the better pro when all is said and done...One of the best, if not the best, all-around running back prospects in this draft.

I also don't think Ronnie Brown will make it out of the top 10.

Very doubtful. With there being 3 RBs grading out in the top 15(1-Benson, 2-Williams, 3-Brown) only one will go in the top 10 while the others fall to the 20s as recent history has shown us.

I would like us to go after Stefan LeFors. Everytime I watch Louisville, LeFors seems to have big games...he seems to have all the leadership skills, even if he may only be around 6'0"

A very good college player that's a great leader. Physical restraints hurt him a lot

Alright, let me try:

I worked this out last night.

Using the trade chart, and starting with the number two overall to start. We trade with Dalls for their two number 1s, then trade both of those down again a couple of times and pick up the corresponding value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (trade #4 overall down to 26 and pick up corresponding value two 2s and a 3).

1A (#20) - Marcus McNeil, T
1B (#26) - Elton Brown, G
2A (#36) - Anttaj Hawthorne, DT
2B (#54) - Matt Roth, DE
3A (#76) - Mike Patterson, DT
3b (#78) - Ben Wilkerson, C
4. (#98) - Andrew Walters, QB
5. (#130) - JJ Arrington, RB

McNeil will probably end up as a TOP 5 pick, the best LT in the draft, but for now, he's ranked in most draft publications at the 20 spot or thereabouts. This draft adresses ALL of our needs. Arrington likely will go higher too with good workouts at the draft. He's a very talented back but for some reason he's not getting alot of pub.

I like getting our two new young DT's from this draft. They can learn behind Chester next year and be ready to start (both of them by 2006). MCNeil and Brown would be devastating in the run game added with James and Carey. We should probably sign a veteran center to compete with Wilkerson and maybe he beats him out.

Walters is hurt, so he may slip before the draft. If he does we should try and get him in the fourth. If not Walters, I really like Orlavski out of UConn...

Back
Top Bottom