What to expect if the Fins trade down | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What to expect if the Fins trade down

spydertl79 said:
If we trade surtain to clear cap room then
1a: Antrelle Rolle
1b: Rodrique Wright
3a: Smith or Orlovsky
3b:Wilkerson

I really don't get the reasoning with some of you guys that can actually justify somewhere in your head that if the Phins thought Surtain was expendable that they'd go right back and pick Antrelle Rolle to tie up millions of cap space on another CB. HELLO! That makes absolutely zero sense.

If the Phins make the decision to trade Surtain it will be because they think Poole will be able to hold down the other starting CB spot and they will be doing it to shore up another position of NEED. I.E. OL, QB, DL not CB. :shakeno:

I go qb and rb in the first two picks if rodgers and brown and/or cadillac are available. AJ if he gets the mental side of this game eventually he needs a quality backup. If not we need these 2 skill positions desperately. Look at what a differance julius jones made for the cowboys. O lineman are risky developemental projects that take more time than we have. Carey will someday be a good lineman but right now he feels like a bust. We are 2-10 and have got nothing out of him this year. We can rebuild the o line through free agency if we are aggressive. We may also have a better line than we have seen because coaching has imo been for sh#t. These are my ramblings.

pRodgers82103-1.jpg
Aaron Rodgers

Official Bio
College: California Height: 6-3
Position: Quarterback Weight: 220
Class: Junior 40-Yard: 4.7

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Picture perfect mechanics that are absolutely textbook...Amazing accuracy and can thread the needle...Very good arm strength and can make all the throws...Good touch and timing...Top intangibles and leadership qualities...Good work ethic and drive to be the best...Decent mobility and good speed and can throw on the run...Excellent pocket presence...Still has a lot of potential and upside.

Weaknesses: Has only average size...Needs to continue to add weight and get stronger...Had surgery on his knee before the 2004 season so durability might be a concern...Has only average athletic ability...Doesn't have a ton of experience and is still learning.

Notes: The latest prodigy from noted quarterback guru Jeff Tedford, following in the path of guys like Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller...Transferred to Cal from Butte Junior College where he was an All-American and was discovered by Tedford when the coach was recruiting tight end Garrett Cross...Burst onto the scene in 2003 and quickly established himself as one of the premier signal callers in college football...A premier pro prospect and potential franchise quarterback in the NFL.

Note.Some scouts say he is closer to 6'

Crunch, what about Alex Smith? Throw his bio up there, hes someone I really like and think if he played somewhere other than Utah may be a front runner for the Heisman. 38 TD's 10 rushing 28 passing.

CrunchTime said:
Assuming we trade down and get two No 1s a No 3,and a No 4 . Add to it the draft picks we already have which are a No 3,No4 No 5 and a No 7.

Didn't we give up a 4th to get Carey? :shakeno:

Fins2theend said:
Crunch, what about Alex Smith? Throw his bio up there, hes someone I really like and think if he played somewhere other than Utah may be a front runner for the Heisman. 38 TD's 10 rushing 28 passing.
smith_a-1.jpg

College: Utah Height: 6-4
Position: Quarterback Weight: 212
Class: Junior 40-Yard: 4.75

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Extremely smart player...Has good height...A leader and field general...Accurate passer with excellent timing...Good speed and very good mobility...Top intangibles and a winner...Very efficient with a tremendous TD/INT ratio.

Weaknesses: Has enough arm strength, but not a gun...Stats are inflated because he plays in such a wide open offensive scheme...Plays out of the shotgun a lot...Some are concerned he is just a system quarterback...Could stand to add some weight and bulk up.

Notes: Entered college as a junior academically because he took so many advanced placement courses in high school, earned a bachelors degree as a 20-year-old sophomore and was working on his masters as a junior...Michigan St. coach John L. Smith is his uncle...Played with USC running back Reggie Bush in high school...May be more likely to head to the pros if coach Urban Meyer moves on to another school.

Just a thought that no one seems to have brought up, if Dallas and/or KC really want Rolle:

DRAFT HIM AND NAME OUR PRICE IN A TRADE FOR 2 PROVEN PLAYERS

Back
Top Bottom