What will the haters do when..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will the haters do when.....

I hope AJ proves me wrong. If he proves me wrong, I will be celebrating because if he plays really well, we will probably be winning games.

Don't we all have the same goal in common? That is seeing the Dolphins in the SuperBowl and winning the SuperBowl. Whoever the QB is Feeley or Fielder, whoever starts, whoever is the backup, if one is hurt and the other has to come in and play, really makes no difference to me as long as the job gets done. Hopeing one guy plays worse than the other guy, just to say I told you so is pretty lame. JMO.

ajdoggie said:
Don't we all have the same goal in common? That is seeing the Dolphins in the SuperBowl and winning the SuperBowl. Whoever the QB is Feeley or Fielder, whoever starts, whoever is the backup, if one is hurt and the other has to come in and play, really makes no difference to me as long as the job gets done. Hopeing one guy plays worse than the other guy, just to say I told you so is pretty lame. JMO.

:clap:

100% Right!

I don't think there are too many Feeley haters. Everyone wants to see him do well. For our sake.

A lot of people will eat their words it jay proves us wrong tho..

KAISER said:
feeley proves them all wrong?

Not sure why you'd post this. Seriously, I havent read one single post from a Dolfan that says they HOPE Feeley doesnt win the starting job. What I've been reading is that so far he isn't looking like he can beat Jay Fiedler out.
How will you feel if things continue as they are going now and Fiedler proves you wrong? What if Fiedler has improved or Feeley just doesnt get it done?

Ya know, there's a lot of talk about giving a 2nd rounder up....if he takes us deep in the playoffs, or we, as fans feel we've had a successful season (however far we get), then that 2nd rounder will be forgotten...I even think that if he is just good enough to be an improvement over JF, then it was worth it...time will tell.

fin-atic said:
If Feeley proves me wrong...
I have said many times here. I will come on here and publically apologize and admitt how negative and flawed my thinking was and how right and terrific all the suppoorters are. What the Hugger don't get is we WANT to be wrong. We want the team to win. They just keep letting us down and proving us right.

I am begging...pleading...PLEASE prove me worng AJ!!!!

EXACTLY !!!!! That is exactly what I have been saying, but then we are called haters. If there was some long history of AJ leading teams to the SB, or heck just starting for other teams maybe I could get on board. But to sit here in May and put our hope in a 3rd string QB with 5 games experiece, to lead us to the promise land is down right moronic.

I to, would love to be wrong, but I am not gonna anoint him until he gives me some kind of reason besides "RS saw something in him".

NCFINFAN38 said:
EXACTLY !!!!! That is exactly what I have been saying, but then we are called haters. If there was some long history of AJ leading teams to the SB, or heck just starting for other teams maybe I could get on board. But to sit here in May and put our hope in a 3rd string QB with 5 games experiece, to lead us to the promise land is down right moronic.

I to, would love to be wrong, but I am not gonna anoint him until he gives me some kind of reason besides "RS saw something in him".

You have been very harsh on the guy tho. It is one thing to skeptical as to whether he is the answer (I have my doubts too) but it is another thing to go on and on and on and on about how much he sucks and blah blah blah. Maybe we should just step back and wait to see what happens. I mean lets get until AT LEAST Training Camp.

NCFINFAN38 said:

Yep I agreee also, Hopefully AJ is the real deal but we have nothing to base any opinion on. Even one season truthfully isn't enough to base a decision on. But as you said if there was some history to give us hope it makes it much easier. I realize that even if he had a history of starting doesn't mean he would come in here and light it up, but at least it gives you more hope then to have a backup come in and plase all your hope on him to turn things around.

For people to outright say he is the man is foolish, nobody at this point knows. This also goes for people saying he is a bust. Point is now we ahve no choice but to hope and wait.

pigskinguy said:
You have been very harsh on the guy tho. It is one thing to skeptical as to whether he is the answer (I have my doubts too) but it is another thing to go on and on and on and on about how much he sucks and blah blah blah. Maybe we should just step back and wait to see what happens. I mean lets get until AT LEAST Training Camp.

Training camp isn't even enough for me, look at Ray Lucas that one pre-season. I won't make any judgements till the real games start.

PhinPhreak said:
Training camp isn't even enough for me, look at Ray Lucas that one pre-season. I won't make any judgements till the real games start.

I agree 100%. I was just trying make the point that that we have had, what, one week worth of mini-camps. Let's not jump ahead of ourselves.

LarryFinFan said:
Ya know, there's a lot of talk about giving a 2nd rounder up....if he takes us deep in the playoffs, or we, as fans feel we've had a successful season (however far we get), then that 2nd rounder will be forgotten...I even think that if he is just good enough to be an improvement over JF, then it was worth it...time will tell.

I really think you are missing the point some how. Lets try it this way, what if we gave up next years entire draft and the following years #2 for Chris Simms?? Now someone could say before he played, well maybe we didn't over pay for him. What if we win 3 straight SBs, with Simms being MVP?? Would you still say we over paided for him?? Well no of course not, but the point is he has a set value at the trade time based on what he has done to this point combined with his potential upside.
AJ was just not worth a 2nd pick when you look at how little he played and the fact he was #3 on the depth chart in Philly. He did not have a great college career nor has he done anything in the pros that makes everyone say," WOW he is gonna be good".
I agree there are many examples of experts being wrong, like Jerry Rice or Zack and many others but to pay for potential just b/c you are afraid you are gonna get left out is not the way to get a replacement for Jay.
AJ could have been gotten for a 3rd or 4th rounder, and if not then we could have waited and gotten someone else. That is all we are saying.

NCFINFAN38 said:
I really think you are missing the point some how. Lets have waited and gotten someone else. That is all we are saying.

Thats all who is saying? Gotten who else, warner, collins :shakeno: . Feeley will be just what we need, solid. I really can't wait until feeley starts to get the feel for this offense...........so I can dig up all of your posts and everyone elses who are writing him off before he even takes a snap! You have no idea whether we overpaid for him, and neither does anyone else, until he actually gets out there and plays.

Back
Top Bottom