What will the haters do when..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will the haters do when.....

NC...true enough...there is a "value" structure for trading players and FAs. However, IMHO, QB value is different than any other position. You have to pay for "potential" with a QB where you might not for other positions. I also think RS was concerned about being left out of the QB market...despite our lack of OL, QB was the one position we have to upgrade. By making the trade when he does, we have our guy here to work with the rest of the team and coaches during the offseason. RS must have felt that is why Griese didn't work out for us. ( I agree) Aside from possibly Ramsey, I still don't think that there is anyone else I'd want besides Feeley....Warner, Couch, Collins, Garcia or even Brunnell. Obviously, I don't have to worry about paying the Fins bills, so I can make that statement with all sincerity. The biggest mistake that was made IMO is re-signing Fiedler and "opening up" the competition with AJ. While that might protect the team (by convincing JF to re-sign), it leaves speculation that they might not be sold on AJ. I don't think that's the case, but the thought is there. Having JF to come off the bench if needed would be a big improvement over the backup QBs we've had the last few years and what not having that backup person has done for our seasons.

TheBostonBomber said:
Thats all who is saying? Gotten who else, warner, collins :shakeno: . Feeley will be just what we need, solid. I really can't wait until feeley starts to get the feel for this offense...........so I can dig up all of your posts and everyone elses who are writing him off before he even takes a snap! You have no idea whether we overpaid for him, and neither does anyone else, until he actually gets out there and plays.

I'm really not trying to make a thing out of this, but when you could have gotten someone for a 4th or 5th round pick, and you give up a 2nd for him, thats overpaying. I really don't care if he goes all season without a pick or bad throw. I don't care if he finishes the season with a 158.3 QB rating, we still overpaid, PERIOD.
If you walk into a store and pay $0.75 for a coke then come out of the store and look across the street and see a sign that says cokes for $0.25 then you overpaid. This really isn't brain surgery :shakeno:

NCFINFAN38 said:
EXACTLY !!!!! That is exactly what I have been saying, but then we are called haters. If there was some long history of AJ leading teams to the SB, or heck just starting for other teams maybe I could get on board. But to sit here in May and put our hope in a 3rd string QB with 5 games experiece, to lead us to the promise land is down right moronic.

I to, would love to be wrong, but I am not gonna anoint him until he gives me some kind of reason besides "RS saw something in him".

O how I wish I could post some of your previous posts about feeley so everyone here can see how much of a phony u are. You never say that u will give him a chance.............its always he sucks, he will be terrible, he was a third stringer in philly so he can't be good.

NCFINFAN38 said:
I'm really not trying to make a thing out of this, but when you could have gotten someone for a 4th or 5th round pick, and you give up a 2nd for him, thats overpaying. I really don't care if he goes all season without a pick or bad throw. I don't care if he finishes the season with a 158.3 QB rating, we still overpaid, PERIOD.
If you walk into a store and pay $0.75 for a coke then come out of the store and look across the street and see a sign that says cokes for $0.25 then you overpaid. This really isn't brain surgery :shakeno:

Who says we could have gotten him for a fourth or fifth?? Thats news to me........o'wait u said it so it has to be true correct?? And I would disagree with u about him having a 153.3 rating and still overpaying.

Back
Top Bottom