What would it take to get Bowe to Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would it take to get Bowe to Miami?

Steve Smith was horrible before Newton came.

Delhomme had some good seasons with him, but he wasn't a dominate force his whole career

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Steve Smith's stats Since Deholmme's first season with Carolina:

2003: 88 catches, 1,110 yards 7 TD
2004: 1 catch, 6 yards 0 TD (had a season ending injury in week 1)
2005:103 catches, 1,563 yards 12 TD
2006: 83 catches, 1,166 yards 8 TD
2007:87 catches, 1,002 yards 7 TD
2008:78 catches, 1,421 yards 6 TD
2009:65 catches, 982 yards 7 TD
2010: 46 catches, 554 yards 2 TD
2011: 79 catches, 1,394 yards 7 TD

He had one off season in 2010 with Carolina going through 4 different QBs. 2009 Without Delhomme and Newton he was stellar with Matt Moore. Not sure how Smith was "horrible" before Newton.

Steve Smith's stats Since Deholmme's first season with Carolina:

2003: 88 catches, 1,110 yards 7 TD
2004: 1 catch, 6 yards 0 TD (had a season ending injury in week 1)
2005:103 catches, 1,563 yards 12 TD
2006: 83 catches, 1,166 yards 8 TD
2007:87 catches, 1,002 yards 7 TD
2008:78 catches, 1,421 yards 6 TD
2009:65 catches, 982 yards 7 TD
2010: 46 catches, 554 yards 2 TD
2011: 79 catches, 1,394 yards 7 TD

He had one off season in 2010 with Carolina going through 4 different QBs. 2009 Without Delhomme and Newton he was stellar with Matt Moore. Not sure how Smith was "horrible" before Newton.

So in 2009, Steve Smith was "stellar" with Matt Moore going for 65 catches and 982 yards....and yet Dwyane Bowe having 72 catches/1,162 yards and 81 catches/1,159 yards in back-to-back seasons with Matt Cassel isn't impressive?

Steve Smith was horrible before Newton came.

Delhomme had some good seasons with him, but he wasn't a dominate force his whole career.

[video=youtube;ztVMib1T4T4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4[/video]

I love Bowe's skill-set and I think his work ethic and attitude would improve in this organized, positive environment that is our 2012 Miami Dolphins. Bowe has a toughness about him and when he wants that ball, he can fight off a db and grab it. Miami has a lot of stability in place right now that can be mother's milk to players who've gotten paid and are now ready to win.

Meh, I'm not trading for Dwayne Bowe at this point. Keep your picks and if you wanna take a look at him in Free Agency, by all means do that.

I don't watch Kc games, but from what I remember he is soft and drops alot of balls. I may be wrong.

I don't watch Kc games, but from what I remember he is soft and drops alot of balls. I may be wrong.

this is case of people of looking at the stat sheet when talking about Bowe. He is inconsistent and comes up small in big situations. He reminds me of Chris Chambers, tbh.

I said a few years back I would trade for him. But not now. He has been treading water, and unable to take that next step.

Do not need Dwayne Bowe. We have a 6'2" 4.4 forty flanker already in Matthews. And Tyms and Fuller big targets developing on the PS already. We need a Greg Jennings or deep threat type to compliment Hartline, Bess, Matthews, Anthony, and one of either Tyms/Fuller.

Do not need Dwayne Bowe. We have a 6'2" 4.4 forty flanker already in Matthews. And Tyms and Fuller big targets developing on the PS already. We need a Greg Jennings or deep threat type to compliment Hartline, Bess, Matthews, Anthony, and one of either Tyms/Fuller.

Matthews is a 6'0" 4.5 guy who I'd like to see replace Davone Bess one day . . . and I mean that as the most ultimate compliment for Matthews because I just think the slot WR in the NFL is turning into a more explosive position.

Bowe would fit the offense well

id deff call kc up and ask what it would take.

do u guys realize we are 3-3, in a 4 way tie for ****ing 1st place after 6 weeks? this team has a pretty good defense, a solid run game, a very good qb, but no consistent weapons for him to throw to. bess is what he is, a guy who will catch every ball ( rare drop today) but wont out jump anyone for the ball, etc, same with hartline, great feet and hands, but again he is what he is, and thats a great possesion wr, the guy who can make the 10-15 yd catches and pick up 1st downs, but not the big play wr that will out jump d backs, etc. dwayne bowe is that guy, a big physical wr

yes i know hes a free agent at years end, but if we can potentially make a run this year at the playoffs, y not see if we can get a 1 wr for tannehill to work with. he will only make bess and hartline better and let them be who they are, as opposed to now where they have to act as things they are not, which is number 1 wrs. at least call the chiefs up

bowe is overrated. wait till the draft or F/A. hes not even better than marshall was

Matthews is a 6'0" 4.5 guy who I'd like to see replace Davone Bess one day . . . and I mean that as the most ultimate compliment for Matthews because I just think the slot WR in the NFL is turning into a more explosive position.

Bowe would fit the offense well

Matthews is 6'2" and a 4.4 guy. He's a flanker. Gil Brandt, Senior Analyst for nfl.com had this to say about Matthews’ pro day:

“Matthews really blew my socks off.  He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 and 4.48 seconds, and stayed on his vertical from the combine.  

http://www.finsmob-exoduss.com/2012/05/21/rishard-matthews/

id deff call kc up and ask what it would take.

do u guys realize we are 3-3, in a 4 way tie for ****ing 1st place after 6 weeks? this team has a pretty good defense, a solid run game, a very good qb, but no consistent weapons for him to throw to. bess is what he is, a guy who will catch every ball ( rare drop today) but wont out jump anyone for the ball, etc, same with hartline, great feet and hands, but again he is what he is, and thats a great possesion wr, the guy who can make the 10-15 yd catches and pick up 1st downs, but not the big play wr that will out jump d backs, etc. dwayne bowe is that guy, a big physical wr

yes i know hes a free agent at years end, but if we can potentially make a run this year at the playoffs, y not see if we can get a 1 wr for tannehill to work with. he will only make bess and hartline better and let them be who they are, as opposed to now where they have to act as things they are not, which is number 1 wrs. at least call the chiefs up
Chiefs not going anywhere i think if the price is right they would trade him but i hope we dont give too much, people hate on Bowe and i dont know why when we have basically no one even compare to him on this team. He is from Miami and i think if he plays in this team philbin will be hard on him and Bowe will succeed here. If not wait for the offseason and try getting wallace!

A lot more than he is worth.

Back
Top Bottom