What would it take to get Bowe to Miami? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would it take to get Bowe to Miami?

Matthews is 6'2" and a 4.4 guy. He's a flanker. Gil Brandt, Senior Analyst for nfl.com had this to say about Matthews’ pro day:

“Matthews really blew my socks off. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 and 4.48 seconds, and stayed on his vertical from the combine.

http://www.finsmob-exoduss.com/2012/05/21/rishard-matthews/

He measured 72 inches at the combine and ran a 4.62.

He can man the Z, but I think he has the skillset to be a dynamic weapon in the slot for this team one day.

Quick summary on Bowe and why I don't want him in Miami:

He gets too much of his productions when the game isn't in the balance.
He's capable of making the spectacular play, but he doesn't do the little things well, and he misses the easy play way too often. Too many drops. Not a precise route runner.
And that's exactly what you don't want to give your developing QB.

He measured 72 inches at the combine and ran a 4.62.

He can man the Z, but I think he has the skillset to be a dynamic weapon in the slot for this team one day.
I agree Matthews looks like both a Z "and" a slot, but as the link I provided showed under Gil Brandt's statements....the 4.6 was while still recovering from the injury. When he ran "healthy" on his pro day, he ran consistent 4.4s as the scouts expected based on his game tape.

And the main point I'm making in reference "against" Dwayne Bowe is that Bowe is merely "also" another 4.4/4.5 Z receiver. We need a Jennings/Anthony type deep threat receiver...

Will pass. Would rather go for Mike Wallace or draft a #1 speedster. Bowe is reminiscent of Marshall in the drops department and doesn't really fit our system. Mike Wallace or a speedster in FA, or go draft.

Not going to mortgage the future this year.
although right now we are doing better than expected, next year we have tons of cap room
and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.
No way we are giving a package for anyone.

can you garuntee that our draft picks next year ,that none of them are going to be busts??? if not then i wouldnt be sayin that there will be no trade this year with our franchise , the way our whole team has been playin as a whole makes more since to make a trade THIS YEAR for a WR that WE KNOW ISNT GOING TO BE A BUST ,imo we could have half the draft picks in the first 2 rounds , but that dont make them AT ALL LEGIT PLAY MAKERS FOR OUR FRANCHISE . IF WE CAN MAKE A TRADE THIS YEAR WE NEED TO DO IT ,because i see enough in our team that if we CAN MAKE A TRADE FOR A WR we would be set at that poss, and can consentrate on finding a legit TE and CB AND A PASS RUSHER through the draft because imo we are not going to be getting every player or players we need just through the draft , its going to take a lil more than just the draft. o yeah the way we have been playin theres alot of talk that we might just end up with the last playoff spot when all is said and done and if that happens i dont want to be one and done just because we was to stubbern NOT to try and make a trade for a WR , so if we can make a trade for a WR that wont take 2-3 years to groom , im all for it , everything cant come through the draft , i know we need to get alot from there,but we also got to look else where to.

They need to go after someone in the draft. There are a couple of kids in the draft I would love to take. Hunter from Tennessee being the main one that I really like.

They need to go after someone in the draft. There are a couple of kids in the draft I would love to take. Hunter from Tennessee being the main one that I really like.

yeah but we need somebody to start right away and a rookie needs a year to groom we cant get everything from the draft because almost every poss takes a couple years to contribute ,all except QB , IT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET A WR in the draft but we need a starter asap.

Time for Miami to find their own elite talent in the drafts instead of depending on other teams damaged/used goods. I'm pretty sure Andre and Calvin Johnson didn't need time to develop. Keenan Allen would be contributing from day 1 if Miami drafted him.

We dont need him. Lets draft one next yr
There is no rookie that would push us to contenders next year we can draft except maybe allen. Only a idiot could expect anyone in the draft to be a legit number 1 unless they are top talent going top 10 in the draft but we won't be in the position to begin with. Even blackmon and floyd aren't looking good.

yeah but we need somebody to start right away and a rookie needs a year to groom we cant get everything from the draft because almost every poss takes a couple years to contribute ,all except QB , IT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET A WR in the draft but we need a starter asap.

You have learned absolutely NOTHING about Philbin and how he wants this franchise to be run.

Time for Miami to find their own elite talent in the drafts instead of depending on other teams damaged/used goods. I'm pretty sure Andre and Calvin Johnson didn't need time to develop. Keenan Allen would be contributing from day 1 if Miami drafted him.
Look at the draft class coming up and tell where you see any kind of receiver we could be in position to draft a receiver of those 2 caliber. And both of them took about a year to develop like 95% of them.

Not a 1st round pick...but I'd do a 2nd rounder. We have a chance to win this season...why not go for it?

Philbin isn't about 1 year wonders, he is building for year 3, 4, 5 and so on. You need to learn and understand Philbin's philosophy on the type of player he wants. Bowe isn't that type of player. And the move makes no sense...at all.

Philbin isn't about 1 year wonders, he is building for year 3, 4, 5 and so on. You need to learn and understand Philbin's philosophy on the type of player he wants. Bowe isn't that type of player. And the move makes no sense...at all.

Agree, with Philbin running things, I don't see any way Bowe becomes a Dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom