What would this offense look like with Kaepernick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would this offense look like with Kaepernick?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
would it still be in the bottom of the league?

I think his mobility would have masked a lot of the OL problems and he just has to be more accurate than the malfunctioning carnival ride that is Jay Cutler’s arm.

In hindsight, (even though many of us even thought so at the time) Kaepernick would have been a better pick up at the time. He had more upside, would come cheaper, could compete with Moore, and if he did well could have become a tradeable asset. The political stuff would have dissipated quickly once season started, was a stupid reason to stay away.

Would that be more watchable than the dreck we've been witnessing so far?

gase runs a pre to post snap progression based offense

there are elements of pistol and zone read in it but it's not his preferred route

pre to post snap is why he continues to favor cutler over matt moore

zone read and pistol though should you have to live in them don't take long to implement and you can work multiple things off of...

What makes you think he would be cheaper, given how he walked away from his last contract?

to answer this question though yes it would be...it just wouldn't be doing anything for our future

Honestly, the only good thing about all of this is that at least Devante Parker is getting time to develop in the offense. He's also getting enough practice fighting for contested footballs.

Honestly, the only good thing about all of this is that at least Devante Parker is getting time to develop in the offense. He's also getting enough practice fighting for contested footballs.

I'd agree with that...pretty much the extent of it...only real reason to play or watch even on offense at least...as long as he doesn't sustain some career type injury or one that will keep him down into 2018 thing chasing these hospital balls

juice almost lost his ribs Monday...he's been run into contact by the qb at an alarming rate...I'm sure we will pay the piper for that eventually

to answer this question though yes it would be...it just wouldn't be doing anything for our future

That's the key IMHO. Nobody likes to hear it, and obviously Gase's ego is too big to admit it, but we weren't doing anything once Ryan went down. In fact, looking at this defense lately I think it's safe to say we weren't doing anything with Ryan. The best bet was to keep the offense the same so the young players who will be here will continue to grow in it. It would be foolish to bring in Kap, change the offense to fit one guy and still not win anything. In the end what do you really gain, as finheaven would say if you win a few more you just ruin draft status.

That's the key IMHO. Nobody likes to hear it, and obviously Gase's ego is too big to admit it, but we weren't doing anything once Ryan went down. In fact, looking at this defense lately I think it's safe to say we weren't doing anything with Ryan. The best bet was to keep the offense the same so the young players who will be here will continue to grow in it. It would be foolish to bring in Kap, change the offense to fit one guy and still not win anything. In the end what do you really gain, as finheaven would say if you win a few more you just ruin draft status.

I don't think we ever intended to just have a 'practice' season for guys we have under contract to learn the system. I really don't think that was EVER the team's intention.

I think Gase legitimately thought that Cutler could help this team win 9 games. And honestly, if he still had the same arm that he had in 2015, this team probably could win 9 games. But I don't know if it was the shoulder surgery or what, but he just can't deliver the football anymore.

I don't think we ever intended to just have a 'practice' season for guys we have under contract to learn the system. I really don't think that was EVER the team's intention.

I think Gase legitimately thought that Cutler could help this team win 9 games. And honestly, if he still had the same arm that he had in 2015, this team probably could win 9 games. But I don't know if it was the shoulder surgery or what, but he just can't deliver the football anymore.

OH I agree. Players and coaches just don't think that way. Gase absolutely believed and probably still believes he could win with Jay Cutler. I'm just making my personal case for Cutler over Kap that it's just better to keep things the same for the future and that I'm not upset about the decision because while we may have been marginally better with Kap we would have had to run a different offense, stumping continuity, and the results wouldn't have been worth it. Really the only way it would have been worth it is a Super Bowl run, which really isn't fair to Kap, otherwise it's a waste.

gase runs a pre to post snap progression based offense

there are elements of pistol and zone read in it but it's not his preferred route

pre to post snap is why he continues to favor cutler over matt moore

zone read and pistol though should you have to live in them don't take long to implement and you can work multiple things off of...

I’m interested in your opinion on this. Seems like Gase’s offense is tailor made for the Ryan Tannehills of the world, and with him out it eliminates a good portion of the playbook. This has been exposed by Cutler who has at times made the throws, but who’s fundamentals are more easily exposed. This offense was built around RT17 and when he went down that was essentially the end of our season. Too late in the game to work around the skill set of any incoming QB. Thoughts?

bingo

although it would be more about package type stuff that we used as our staple with kaep...it would definitely provide an opportunity to set guys back in terms of coverage reads etc on the skill positions

but fellas if we draft a baker Mayfield it's gonna be the same thing...out the gate at least...Houston went to what deshaun Watson does best zone read and pistol and limited the pocket reads stuff and the results showed very well...what happens if he's not the same legs threat athlete when he comes back and he can't read coverage from the pocket? problems

still Miami needs an upside insurance policy for 2018 for tannehill...we can't do another year of this trash

to take this further though gase may be adamant about his insurance policy should it be a draft pick come from the pocket progression side of things...of which they are few and far between in college...the ones that are though Miami I'm sure will take close looks at

Back
Top Bottom