What would this offense look like with Kaepernick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would this offense look like with Kaepernick?

What would it look like with Kaepernick?

Players, coaches and fans alike all on their knees..... praying the nightmare ends.

The Kap stuff is overblown and aggravating. I'm so sick of hearing, "Kap has to be better than QB X" like it's really just that simple. Here are my football excuses around the NFL as to why he isn't playing keeping in mind it was said he doesn't want to be a backup:

1. NE (HAHA)
2. Buffalo - Came in with tenured starter, like the 2nd round pick they drafted may as well see what they have.
3. Miami - Unless you feel Kap leads this team to a Super Bowl (HAHA) it's better to keep the system the same and let the young guys develop in it.
4. Jets - 2 young QB's they're still curious about in which McCown is mentoring. Eventually you'll see one of them playing and rumor had it they didn't want to win much anyway (high draft pick).

1. Baltimore - No
2. Pittsburgh - No
3. Cincy - No, they have Dalton and like McCarron. No need for Kap.
4. Cleveland - You spent a high pick on Kizer, may as well see what you have.

1. Indy - Thought they were getting their franchise QB back by the time they knew they wouldn't it was too late. They're done.
2. Tennessee - No
3. Jacksonville - Spent a high pick on Bortles but I guess you could argue Kap is better than Bortles and Henne but how much better and how much would the offense have to change?
4. Houston - Another team you could make an argument for but with 2 of their defensive stars out for the year is it worth paying Kap, who would need to pick up the system quickly, and would you really make a run without 2 of your best defenders?

1. Oakland - No
2. SD - No
3. KC - No
4. Denver - Their QB's suck but they spent a high pick on Lynch, you have to figure they'll roll him out there eventually.

1. NY Giants -No
2. Dallas - No
3. Philly - No
4. Washington -No

1. Detroit -No
2. Minny - You could make a case but Keenum is 6-2, not too shabby.
3. Chicago - No, see what you have in Trubisky.
4. GB - You could make a case but they drafted and had been grooming Hundley so they probably felt OK about him. I've seen on the site that he's way better than Matt Moore so obviously folks here agree they thought they were all set with Hundley.

1. SF - He left
2. Seattle - No
3. Rams - No
4. Arizona - Would he lead them to the SB or get them a few more "meaningless wins"? Not worth it.

So that's my take. It's funny how the same guys who are probably saying, "Kap has to be better than QB X" are the same ones who condemn meaningless wins. You can't have it both ways because in my opinion for many of these teams Kap would result in slowing the development of younger players or more meaningless wins. If the result would be a deep playoff run, I'd go for it but that most certainly would not have been the case for the 2017 Miami Dolphins who can't stop a 3rd and 22 or the read option.

^^^^^ Great post....I will just add that he sucks as a QB as well!

Probably worse. NFL is a script. If we went against the script and took him on we would have even more holding penalties than we are getting now. Goodell would fix us good.....

I doubt they let us win a game with him at QB.

He's improved on it this year, IMO. He has the talent, but I think a lot of it was just having the aggressive mentality to go along with it.

The way he carries himself and attacks the football looks different this year. Good stuff.

I don't get why everyone is bashing him. Yeah he had a bad ankle and missed games but hes also working with Cutler and has caught everything his way. Last year he was a pretty consistent and legit deep threat. Some people are never satisfied. He's not even 25

Have you seen the guy lately??

I'm not even sure he is still over 200 pounds. When he was healthy and successful he was a cut 235 and posing nude for ESPN magazine.

He could never play in south Florida, the Cubans would have his head for what he said about Castro and Che Guevera.

would it still be in the bottom of the league?

I think his mobility would have masked a lot of the OL problems and he just has to be more accurate than the malfunctioning carnival ride that is Jay Cutler’s arm.

In hindsight, (even though many of us even thought so at the time) Kaepernick would have been a better pick up at the time. He had more upside, would come cheaper, could compete with Moore, and if he did well could have become a tradeable asset. The political stuff would have dissipated quickly once season started, was a stupid reason to stay away.

Probably not much different.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/statistics?season=2016&team=SF&seasonType=

^^^^^ Great post....I will just add that he sucks as a QB as well!

I am not saying that we should have signed Colin and the logic of why we didn't makes sense to me. Can you honestly say that none of the other QBs who have starting jobs don't suck? I mean, Kaep isn't even backup caliber? Come on Man....

Gase should be happy. we won 4 game.this is ugly 4 win team i have seen in while..and we could win this week. I would start mat Moore to get the won this week. Cutler is terrible.... this is his last year. In NFL period. I have seen enough of cutler. Put him on bench. We are not going make playoff anywhere

I am not saying that we should have signed Colin and the logic of why we didn't makes sense to me. Can you honestly say that none of the other QBs who have starting jobs don't suck? I mean, Kaep isn't even backup caliber? Come on Man....

Not saying that at all.....I am saying that his talent does not outweigh the circus (whether you like his actions or not) that comes with him. Tebow has the talent to be a back up QB or position player in this league, Michael Sam has the talent to be on an NFL roster. None of their talent outweighs the distraction that comes along with the player for three very different reasons. I will emphatically say this, Kap does not have the QBing ability to help any team be better than they are right now for the reasons I mentioned above. He is just not a very good QB, he has digressed from the average QB he was and has lost some physical ability that he had in 2012. I honestly believe that if a team thought they could bring him in and he would lead them to the playoffs or a SB, he would already be signed. People are too caught up in the political BS to actually see that he is a sub 60% passer, never thrown for 3500 yards, thrown for 20 TDs once, and has an incredibly slow delivery. People crack me up talking about a TD to INT rate when he has only thrown for 16 TDs. I don't think we would have won a single game with him at QB this year. Sad thing is I would almost take that instead of wasting $10M on Cutler =(

I don't think we ever intended to just have a 'practice' season for guys we have under contract to learn the system. I really don't think that was EVER the team's intention.

I think Gase legitimately thought that Cutler could help this team win 9 games. And honestly, if he still had the same arm that he had in 2015, this team probably could win 9 games. But I don't know if it was the shoulder surgery or what, but he just can't deliver the football anymore.
That he thought this knowing Culter's history and working with him reflects bad on him

Not saying that at all.....I am saying that his talent does not outweigh the circus (whether you like his actions or not) that comes with him. Tebow has the talent to be a back up QB or position player in this league, Michael Sam has the talent to be on an NFL roster. None of their talent outweighs the distraction that comes along with the player for three very different reasons. I will emphatically say this, Kap does not have the QBing ability to help any team be better than they are right now for the reasons I mentioned above. He is just not a very good QB, he has digressed from the average QB he was and has lost some physical ability that he had in 2012. I honestly believe that if a team thought they could bring him in and he would lead them to the playoffs or a SB, he would already be signed. People are too caught up in the political BS to actually see that he is a sub 60% passer, never thrown for 3500 yards, thrown for 20 TDs once, and has an incredibly slow delivery. People crack me up talking about a TD to INT rate when he has only thrown for 16 TDs. I don't think we would have won a single game with him at QB this year. Sad thing is I would almost take that instead of wasting $10M on Cutler =(

I don't think we are terribly far apart with our thoughts on that subject. I differ with you a little on his ability to contribute to a team If he's given the right structure for his talents. Heck, it took a last play of the game stop for us to seal a victory against him and the 49ers last season! I'm not saying it was all on him or the 49ers for that matter but the guy made some plays in that game. Almost made one that would have given them the victory.

I do understand what you what you were attempting to covey much better now and I respect your stance. Tebow could have still been in the league. He chose to say no about the possibility of changing positions when he was being considered by a few teams. Michael Sam? I feel that would have been less of a circus than dealing with Colin. My knowledge of his play is limited but you're probably right in saying that he is talented enough to be on a roster.....

Back
Top Bottom