What would this offense look like with Kaepernick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would this offense look like with Kaepernick?

Is anyone REALLY surprised? If I'm Cam Wake, Im probably thanking this team at least gave me money instead of competitiveness....

That's the key IMHO. Nobody likes to hear it, and obviously Gase's ego is too big to admit it, but we weren't doing anything once Ryan went down. In fact, looking at this defense lately I think it's safe to say we weren't doing anything with Ryan. The best bet was to keep the offense the same so the young players who will be here will continue to grow in it. It would be foolish to bring in Kap, change the offense to fit one guy and still not win anything. In the end what do you really gain, as finheaven would say if you win a few more you just ruin draft status.

Gase’s ego will be his undoing.

Gase’s ego will be his undoing.

Yeah, I do think it's pretty big. He definitely felt he could win with Cutler IMHO. I do think Jay gets a bad rap though. I do think he cares, despite popular belief, works hard and wants to win. I just don't think he's very good and as many have alluded too lost some arm strength with age and can't break his very old bad mechanics habits. He is standing in more though, he took some whallups standing in on Monday and it's been said he wanted to play vs Baltimore despite being 3 or 4 days removed from cracked ribs. Maybe I'm naïve but I think he's giving us his best but it's just not good enough and we really shouldn't be all that surprised because it never has been in his entire career. I'll go on record as saying I was also wrong about him. I thought he'd do better but yes even to the casual non X's and O's guy like myself, errant throws was a much bigger issue than o-line play on Monday.

It would look like San Francisco's did since 2013 where he was a sub 60% passer, never threw for 3500 yards in a pass happy league, threw for 20 TDs once (in 2013), and was replaced by Blaine Gabbert at one point. Yes, SF was not a very good team....but he was a huge reason why. You can't win in this league with an athlete at QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn, has a slower release than the sloth on the Geico commercial, and relies on his legs waaaaayyyy too much! I don't care what his TD to Int rate is if he can't throw for 20 TDs (or 3500 yards) in this league. Political crap to the side, HE SUCKS AS A QB!

Sign Kap now and then we a Super Bowl team baby

More potent. Period.

And yes, more fun to watch.

Not sure if it would make a huge difference on our record.

DVP Contested catch rate is 75% on 12 targets which is 4th in the NFL. DVP is also one of the few WRs with no drops.

He's improved on it this year, IMO. He has the talent, but I think a lot of it was just having the aggressive mentality to go along with it.

The way he carries himself and attacks the football looks different this year. Good stuff.

He's improved on it this year, IMO. He has the talent, but I think a lot of it was just having the aggressive mentality to go along with it.

The way he carries himself and attacks the football looks different this year. Good stuff.

Unfortunately he's limited by QB play this season.

I really wanted Kap instead of Cutler, I think we would had been more of an exciting team to watch that's for sure, especially with his mobility.

Back
Top Bottom