What's your take on Brandon London? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's your take on Brandon London?

I'd still rather them bring in a real play making number 1 wide out. Even with Bess/Camarillo as productive players. Ginn should be a 2 and one of the aforementioned guys should be in the slot. I'd get rid of Wilford and make it:

1. NEW NUMBER 1 (from somewhere, god knows where)
2. Ted Ginn
3. Camarillo
4. Bess
5. London

It's a shame to demote Bess or Camarillo but maybe they we can use them in special packages and heavily on special teams. I'd even be in favor of bringing in a guy like Laverneus Coles who at least Pennington has familiarity with.

i like what i have seen from all over developing wideouts. london really impresses me with the way he attacks the ball, grabs it at its highest point, uses his big mitts to catch the ball. i really like his potential.

Peter King said this and today we got a taste

I like the guy and seen him make a few nice catches on the limited chances he had. The one were he was called out of bounds in the end zone a few weeks back, he showed great concentration, awereness and good hands. Also a nice catch against the Jests to keep a drive alive. That and he shows alot of enthusiasm on the side lines. Jests game comes to mind when he yelled "d-o-n-e, done, done, done"

He won't be anyone's savior, believe me. He appears gangly and not nearly as polished as a receiver as will be needed. He does seem pretty enthusiastic and manages to even talk a lot of trash out there, which I actually find annoying for a guy who has done zero at this level.

Shut up and play.

Again, my take is we need a big time #1 wideout. No one on this roster meets that criteria. With the bigtime #1, the rest of the guys like Ginn (until his rookie contract runs out and they let him go), Bess, and Camarillo can fill in their roles. I do not see London long term.

I like the way he uses his body to shield smaller players. He seems to catch the ball well, and he will make the team next year for special teams alone. He does a reasonable job blocking, so he is a well rounded player. I can see him as a 3rd down converting machine in a couple of years.

I will take London (and Bess) over Ginn every day of the week ... and no, i am not bashing Ginn - just don't see his potential going much further than where he is at.

Why can't you see Ginn's potential going much further than where it is? He is a 23 year old who has only played two seasons and was considered raw as a first round pick and he has already reached his potential?

once we have a top notch reciever we wont have ''2nd rate guys'' getting double covered. then our "2nd rate" guys might prove to be better then expected.

but before that, we NEED an O-line. just look at our running back depth.
ronnie brown
ricky williams
patrick cobbs
even ted ginn (sometimes) not today though.
and lousaka polite

and we can NOT get up the middle with a run. its pathetic. we need a running threat before we go adding more receivers. pennington has already proven that he can and will spread the ball around. i want a top receiver too, but whats it matter if the QB is pressured or sacked too often?

we have some young, talented, DEVELOPING receivers. and a young new QB on the way. right now they are ALL getting some excellent coaching from staff AND pennington. i honesly cant imagine any of them not improving.

our running backs are already proven. but we need to give them somewhere to go when they get the ball. this will give us more control of the game and the clock and take the pressure off the QB and all the receivers.

once we have a top notch reciever we wont have ''2nd rate guys'' getting double covered. then our "2nd rate" guys might prove to be better then expected.

but before that, we NEED an O-line. just look at our running back depth.
ronnie brown
ricky williams
patrick cobbs
even ted ginn (sometimes) not today though.
and lousaka polite

and we can NOT get up the middle with a run. its pathetic. we need a running threat before we go adding more receivers. pennington has already proven that he can and will spread the ball around. i want a top receiver too, but whats it matter if the QB is pressured or sacked too often?

we have some young, talented, DEVELOPING receivers. and a young new QB on the way. right now they are ALL getting some excellent coaching from staff AND pennington. i honesly cant imagine any of them not improving.

our running backs are already proven. but we need to give them somewhere to go when they get the ball. this will give us more control of the game and the clock and take the pressure off the QB and all the receivers.

great post and with parcells overseeing this operation i have faith the Oline especially will be addressed again this off season

We need to revamp the middle of our line. Not being able to run up the middle is not the way teams win games.

You are right. He is slow. London is a good blocker , he hustles and has a lot of heart. Seems like a great kid. I have watched him closely however in the few times he has gotten an opportunity an offense. He cannot get separation. He is never going to get open much. Keep him for special teams if you want, but we need to look elsewhere for a #1 wideout.
I'm just being realistic.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=19574&draftyear=2007&genpos=WR

hes not slow thats a faster 40 time than alot of the miami dolphins he just needs to learn how to beat the jam off the line kind of like teddy but teddy the defense knows to watch for his speed

I don't see why some of you are asking for a big-time #1 - it's not going to happen. We have holes at just about every position on the defensive side as well as some issues on the OL - droppin' big money on a WR is not going to happen.

Not to say we don't go after a few solid WR's, but I look for them to go after someone who will be solid for us, with good hands and dependable skills who comes at a fair price.

If you ask me, we'll either draft a WR in the middle rounds or get a average priced one through FA.

is drafting a receiver even a good idea?
all the guys we have now are called young and undeveloped, do we really need another one of those hoping to turn into a #1 in one season? if we get a receiver at all, it should be a proven one. one that has nothing more to develope then a rapport with his team mates.

i think O-line is concern number 1. we SHOULD be a top run team with the names we have in the back field, and we arent. we already contolled time of possesion this year without being a big running threat. our defense should get PLENTY of rest if we could get some rushing yards in games. and our defense has certainly proven to be more dependable then our running game, this season.

I'd still rather them bring in a real play making number 1 wide out. Even with Bess/Camarillo as productive players. Ginn should be a 2 and one of the aforementioned guys should be in the slot. I'd get rid of Wilford and make it:

1. NEW NUMBER 1 (from somewhere, god knows where)
2. Ted Ginn
3. Camarillo
4. Bess
5. London

It's a shame to demote Bess or Camarillo but maybe they we can use them in special packages and heavily on special teams. I'd even be in favor of bringing in a guy like Laverneus Coles who at least Pennington has familiarity with.

You'd be insane to move bess down to 4 and camarillo to the slot, bess has the potential to be an elite slot reciever and he needs to be out on the field, period. Bess is better than ginn, and thats a fact. And camarillo is a legit #2 something that imo ginn is not. This is the depth of our wr's with those options.

1. New #1 reciver
2. Camarillo
3. Bess
4. Ginn
5. London

We can still use ginn and do alot of alternating at wr like we have done this year but from what ive seen out of our wr's the only thing that i know for sure is ginn is just not as good of a wr as bess or camarillo.

You'd be insane to move bess down to 4 and camarillo to the slot, bess has the potential to be an elite slot reciever and he needs to be out on the field, period. Bess is better than ginn, and thats a fact. And camarillo is a legit #2 something that imo ginn is not. This is the depth of our wr's with those options.

1. New #1 reciver
2. Camarillo
3. Bess
4. Ginn
5. London

We can still use ginn and do alot of alternating at wr like we have done this year but from what ive seen out of our wr's the only thing that i know for sure is ginn is just not as good of a wr as bess or camarillo.

Ginn was, more often than not, the guy opposing teams put the extra safety on. If anything, Camarillo really benefitted from from a lot of single coverage. Add to that, Ginn has the highest upside of any WR on the team.

I'd like to see something like this next season:

1. Antonio Bryant/Anquan Boldin
2. Ted Ginn
3. Davone Bess
4. Greg Camarillo
5. Brandon London

Back
Top Bottom