What's Your Take On Rutgers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Your Take On Rutgers?

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Just curious what your opinions on Rutgers are right now? I personally think they deserve to be ranked at least 5th and maybe 4th, with OSU, Mich, and USC ahead of them. RU's defense is good enough to hang with anyone in the country including OSU. Although their offense could be better and in my opinion is the only thing holding them back. But it is BS that history and tradition play a factor in the rankings. Stop living in the past, Rutgers has arrived. Last year was the turning point.

What's your take and where do you think RU deserves to be?

The Big East is a weak conference, go ahead and feed me that 'Best winning percentage in games against other conferences' stat. The teams the big east has played out of conference are a combined 38-72 going into this weekend.

They should be ahead of all the 2 loss teams but behind all the one loss teams. Well ahead of WV though

I have no idea how to rank any of the Big East teams. I know they have good records, but they beat bad teams early and now play each other. I dont know if they really are that good, which is possible, or if they just beat bad teams and their record looks better than they really are. I dont think Rutgers should be 5th though :wink:

cbs sportsline project and ND vs RU Sugar Bowl so I guess I may get a chance to find out how good they are. Of course a lot can still change will ND playing USC and RU playing WVU.

MoFinz said:
NOT a national title contender

If they run the table and beat a VERY good West Virgina team in Morgentown, hell ya they are even if they don't make it to the title game.

if they beat WV then they have something to talk about

if they lose, the Big East is what we all thought, a mediocre confernce

Alex44 said:
The Big East is a weak conference, go ahead and feed me that 'Best winning percentage in games against other conferences' stat. The teams the big east has played out of conference are a combined 38-72 going into this weekend.

They should be ahead of all the 2 loss teams but behind all the one loss teams. Well ahead of WV though

?????????????????????

It may be the second strongest conference in college!

Nick is God said:
If they run the table and beat a VERY good West Virgina team in Morgentown, hell ya they are even if they don't make it to the title game.

No...they really arent, They are a great feel good story though

NJFINSFAN1 said:

I don't know if I would say that but folks are out of control constantly shortchanging the Big East teams.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
?????????????????????

SEC/Big 10>Big East imo

Like I said though, it's hard for me to know if the Big East teams are really good, or if playing bad teams early has made them look better than they really are.

MoFinz said:
No...they really arent, They are a great feel good story though

I feel like people are factoring in program's histories when ranking the teams. I'm not saying that Rutgers is the best team in the nation, I know they're not. But even if they played like it, some people will allow their history to affect their decision. We just all need to focus on the present and not the past.

Also, the best argument I've heard about the Big East is this: if your going to allow the Big East to be a BCS conference then why are you not ready to allow a team from the Big East to play in the national championship? You can't say the Big East is a BCS conference but none of the teams deserve to play in the national championship game because it's a weak conference. It's a very hypocritical perspective.

Nick is God said:
How is that?

well its just my opinion but, Ville beats WV, Rutgers beats Ville, WV beats Rutgers, I just pointing out that there would be no clear cut top notch team and that they are all even, I guess I worded it wrong my bad my freind

Back
Top Bottom